Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 00:09
    I would like to hear the liberals explain why Trump doesn't deserve this?

Bonus question...should Obamas be taken back?
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 00:46
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople

Deserve it for what? He has US troops actively engaged in wars and combat operations in numerous countries and he just bombed a country a few weeks ago.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 01:18
    How about the Stormy Daniels Booby Prize instead?
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 01:22
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Deserve it for what? He has US troops actively engaged in wars and combat operations in numerous countries and he just bombed a country a few weeks ago.
    And majorly set back the peace process between Palestinians and Israelis, resulting in days of unrest and riots over naming Jerusalem Israel's capital.

Give that dipsh;t an award.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 01:24

So a guy who threatened "fire and fury" deserves a peace prize?
  6. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 01:36
    I think the OP is addressing North Korea and the potential for not only peace between South and North Korea but a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula as well. It wasn’t long ago that Little Rocket Man was test firing ballistic missiles and claiming they could reach the United States.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 02:15
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I think the OP is addressing North Korea and the potential for not only peace between South and North Korea but a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula as well. It wasn’t long ago that Little Rocket Man was test firing ballistic missiles and claiming they could reach the United States.
    Yes and he now has them and has forced Trump to the bargaining table.

IF Obama had agreed to a face to face with Kim under similar circumstances, you right wingers would be screaming "Appeasement" and "Treason".
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 02:47

I'm not a liberal, but Trump has not done anything yet. North Korea has always said they would halt nuclear tests and missile tests if the USA would halt the military drills so close to their border. So far all that has been accomplished is just that, what the DPRK has always wanted. Trump could have done that a long time ago without any bellicose rhetoric.
    The talk of de-nuclearisation of the Korean peninsula is just that, only talk. It is also something that applies to the USA as well. No nuclear submarines with nuclear missile capabilities near the Korean peninsula for example. Kim Jong Un doesn't want to be held to a double standard and that is what the USA wants, that is why some people are crying about that as if what Kim Jong UN is proposing is unreasonable.
    What Kim Jong Un wants in return for that is a peace treaty. A peace treaty is also what the DPRK has wanted for a long time. It was the USA that would not agree to a peace treaty, not the DPRK. Trump would just be giving the DPRK what they have always wanted, not that what they wanted was ever unreasonable in the first place. Once again, Trump could have done that a long time ago. Obama could have done that a long time ago too.
    I'm skeptical a deal will ever happen. The USA has always had a desire to impose double standards on the DPRK. It would be nice if my government minions pulled their heads out of their butt holes and finally abandoned these double standards that are so unreasonable and actually get a deal, but it would not be their typical method of operation.
    Because a USA nuclear submarine could dock at South Korea at any time I doubt an agreement will ever take place. The only reason people are saying Trump deserves the NPP is for bringing NK to the table. So what? Kim Jong Un is getting exactly what he wants, a temporary halt to the joint military drills and a discussion of the issues without all of the omissions of the DPRK's reasonable requests and the USA's unreasonable double standards. The anti DPRK rhetoric has lessened and that is a win for the DPRK as well.
    I should point out that if Trump pulls out of the Iran deal it could derail any agreement with the DPRK since it would just prove to the DPRK what they have always thought anyway, the USA cannot be trusted to honor any agreements. There is also the fact that Kadaffi was invaded and murdered as a reward for giving up his weapons program to the west. If you were Kim Jong Un would you give up your WMD's knowing that so well?

The Nobel Peace prize is a farce anyway. If Henry (Dr. Evil) Kissinger can get one any war criminal can.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2096389_2096388_2096386,00.html

Keep in mind that despite the fact that Kissinger helped to assassinate a democratically elected president of Chili and replacing him with Pinochet, a brutal dictator, he is advising Trump and the corporate news media says nothing about that hypocrisy. These omissions are an example of propaganda. Kissinger is the ultimate election meddler. He just kills people after they are elected and installs a puppet dictator in his place.

Kissinger advising Trump should be a huge scandal, but the corporate news media decides what people will consider a scandal and what is not. The news media could have made a big scandal out of election meddling from Donna Brazile and Debbie Wasserman Shultz conspiring to help Hitlery Clinton, but they didn't. See how it works?
  9. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 03:07
    Yes and he now has them and has forced Trump to the bargaining table.

IF Obama had agreed to a face to face with Kim under similar circumstances, you right wingers would be screaming "Appeasement" and "Treason".
    Huh? He’s agreeing to de-nuclearize due to the sanctions. Maybe he will and maybe he won’t, but that’s what he’s saying. To claim Little Rocket Man forced President Trump to do anything is laughable.

What did former President Obama do during his eight years in office to prevent Little Rocket Man from getting nukes?

Your hatred of President Trump, based on, I’m guessing, a spineless eagerness to conform to the culture, is blinding you to reality.

Sad!
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 03:30
    Huh? He’s agreeing to de-nuclearize due to the sanctions. Maybe he will and maybe he won’t, but that’s what he’s saying. To claim Little Rocket Man forced President Trump to do anything is laughable.

What did former President Obama do during his eight years in office to prevent Little Rocket Man from getting nukes?

Your hatred of President Trump, b ...[text shortened]... m guessing, a spineless eagerness to conform to the culture, is blinding you to reality.

Sad!
    You seem to be under the rather stupid impression that there were no sanctions against North Korea until Trump became President. In fact, the US and other nations have had sanctions against North Korea because of its nuclear weapons program since 2006.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctions_against_North_Korea

North Korea has gotten its nuclear weapons program where it wanted to despite sanctions. They are now using them as a bargaining chip as they wanted to. Trump hasn't accomplished anything but promise a face to face meeting with the North Korean dictator. Why you think that's a great achievement is a puzzle.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 03:46

Your hatred of President Trump, b ...[text shortened]... m guessing, a spineless eagerness to conform to the culture, is blinding you to reality.

Sad!
    Kim is agreeing to de-nuke the entire peninsula. That means USA nukes as well, not just the DPRK. You have Kim Jong Un confused with a fool.
  12. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 04:04
    You seem to be under the rather stupid impression that there were no sanctions against North Korea until Trump became President. In fact, the US and other nations have had sanctions against North Korea because of its nuclear weapons program since 2006.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctions_against_North_Korea

North Korea has gotten its nuclear weapo ...[text shortened]... ce meeting with the North Korean dictator. Why you think that's a great achievement is a puzzle.
    The sanctions under President Trump were much more severe and China was helping turn the screws as well. That’s why Little Rocket Man folded.
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 04:14
    The sanctions under President Trump were much more severe and China was helping turn the screws as well. That’s why Little Rocket Man folded.
    It's funny that you think Kim "folded" when he has gotten the US to do exactly what he wanted i.e. directly negotiate with him while he holds a nuclear deterrent.
  14. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 04:16
    It's funny that you think Kim "folded" when he has gotten the US to do exactly what he wanted i.e. directly negotiate with him while he holds a nuclear deterrent.
    He’s already said he’s giving up his nukes. Remind everyone again how that’s a bad thing.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    30 Apr '18 04:22
    He’s already said he’s giving up his nukes. Remind everyone again how that’s a bad thing.
    No, he hasn't.