Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Germany
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 17:06
    Originally posted by sh76
    I don't "feel" it; I know it.

Blame on whatever you like. It is what it is.
    I don't doubt you need a good job to be able to live in a safe neighbourhood and get good health care for your family and good schools for your kids.

Over here, you can get those things with a 0 figure salary. Well, at least as long as you don't mind if your neighbourhood is safer and the schools better.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 18:35
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I don't doubt you need a good job to be able to live in a safe neighbourhood and get good health care for your family and good schools for your kids.

Over here, you can get those things with a 0 figure salary. Well, at least as long as you don't mind if your neighbourhood is safer and the schools better.
    Over here, I suppose you mean where you live in pretty much a single race culture. In other words, as long as practically everyone is white you can provide a decent life without great funds.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 18:362 edits
    I am a "common man" and I make 6 figures because I busted my tail to earn a law school scholarship and to land the job that I did and still do to keep it.

Anyway, in my neck of the woods, and given my family situation, 6 figures means you're barely scraping by.
    You are saying that teachers are just lazy slobs? Everyone who is poor is poor because the person has not worked his butt off? You do not make 6 figures because you work your butt off, you make 6 figures because your job pays well for the time you spend doing it. If you really worked your butt off you'd never have time to post here and you'd never have enough for entertainment.

In any case, I care not that you have 'made it'. My comment was based on your belief that taxes taken from the poor should go to endowment for the arts.

Yeah, if you are used to living among the elite, what you make might be considered chicken feed.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 21:07
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Over here, I suppose you mean where you live in pretty much a single race culture. In other words, as long as practically everyone is white you can provide a decent life without great funds.
    Take it to Stormfront.
  5. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 21:09
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Take it to Stormfront.
    They don't want him because he's not ashamed of his Osage blood.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 21:17
    You are saying that teachers are just lazy slobs? Everyone who is poor is poor because the person has not worked his butt off? You do not make 6 figures because you work your butt off, you make 6 figures because your job pays well for the time you spend doing it. If you really worked your butt off you'd never have time to post here and you'd never have eno ...[text shortened]... Yeah, if you are used to living among the elite, what you make might be considered chicken feed.
    ====My comment was based on your belief that taxes taken from the poor should go to endowment for the arts.====

I know it's always dangerous to ask you this question. That being said, what are you talking about?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 21:17
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    They don't want him because he's not ashamed of his Osage blood.
    Yeah, too much of an American mut, but definitely white culturally and I look the part.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 21:05
    ====My comment was based on your belief that taxes taken from the poor should go to endowment for the arts.====

I know it's always dangerous to ask you this question. That being said, what are you talking about?
    You really don't have a very good memory do you?

I was talking about a discussion we had many moons ago where you said you supported the government spending tax dollars on endowment for that arts. You thought it was great that the government supported culture that you could enjoy at a lower cost.
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 04:14
    I'll consider your words as I sip Blue Label while riding in a stretch limo driven by Jeeves to my weekend house in the Hamptons and then while I'm swimming laps in my Olympic sized heated pool and relaxing in my hot tub.

It's a shame the helicopter is in the shop.
    That's why you have a "beater" chopper as a backup, dope. Also good to have when it's raining out and you don't want to get water spots on the chrome blades of your bitchin' ride.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 16:22
    You really don't have a very good memory do you?

I was talking about a discussion we had many moons ago where you said you supported the government spending tax dollars on endowment for that arts. You thought it was great that the government supported culture that you could enjoy at a lower cost.
    Do you, perchance, have a link to this conversation?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 18:18
    Do you, perchance, have a link to this conversation?
    It was many moons ago.

Your opinion may have changed. Do you now believe that government funds should not be used for things like public radio, endowment for the arts and other entertainment outlets?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 19:48
    Originally posted by bill718
    Shhhhhh...we're not suppose to talk about that! 😲
    So who's fault is it? Reagan? Ted Cruz?
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 19:53
    It was many moons ago.

Your opinion may have changed. Do you now believe that government funds should not be used for things like public radio, endowment for the arts and other entertainment outlets?
    Should public museums and libraries be shuttered as well?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 19:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Should public museums and libraries be shuttered as well?
    I think most of those are run by states. Federal ones? I say yes.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 20:04
    I think most of those are run by states. Federal ones? I say yes.
    You said "government" not Federal Government.