Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 06 Jul '15 14:01 / 2 edits
    http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/07/06/cincinnati-mob-beats-white-male-victim-simply-for-being-white-while-rioting-in-fountain-square-rescued-by-police-media-silent/

Can Cincinnati keep things together before the All Star game?

Where is this being reported?

Are they not reporting it in fear of putting a damper on the All Star game or are there other darker political reasons why this is not being reported?
  2. 06 Jul '15 14:21 / 1 edit
    Here's another news report from Cincinnati.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV20_D5uWRg

Cincinnati and Ohio in general has a long history of such problems, and it' not unique to that part of the country, it's been happening all over since the 60's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW9DMb0iVec
  3. 06 Jul '15 15:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    For instance on theconservativetreehouse.com.
  4. 06 Jul '15 15:40
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    For instance on theconservativetreehouse.com.
    I would think that the major networks would cover this like they did Furgasen or Baltimore.
  5. 06 Jul '15 16:03
    I would think that the major networks would cover this like they did Furgasen or Baltimore.
    No, you wouldn't. You delight in the fact that the media point out that some story isn't covered by the media.
  6. 06 Jul '15 16:04
    No, you wouldn't. You delight in the fact that the media point out that some story isn't covered by the media.
    Delight? Where is my delight?

I'm just trying to figure out why they cover some stories and ignore others.

Do you have any insight or do you just enjoy cluttering my threads?
  7. 06 Jul '15 16:09
    Delight? Where is my delight?

I'm just trying to figure out why they cover some stories and ignore others.

Do you have any insight or do you just enjoy cluttering my threads?
    You're not "trying to figure out" anything since you know very well why broadcasters choose to report on something or not - they decide whether or not a certain story will (in their opinion) appeal to their audience.
  8. 06 Jul '15 16:12
    You're not "trying to figure out" anything since you know very well why broadcasters choose to report on something or not - they decide whether or not a certain story will (in their opinion) appeal to their audience.
    Why would race riots appeal to an audiance in Fegusen but not in Cincinnati?
  9. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    06 Jul '15 16:27 / 1 edit
    http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/07/06/cincinnati-mob-beats-white-male-victim-simply-for-being-white-while-rioting-in-fountain-square-rescued-by-police-media-silent/

Can Cincinnati keep things together before the All Star game?

Are they not reporting it in fear of putting a damper on the All Star game or are there other darker political reasons why this is not being reported?
    You think every assault anywhere in the country should receive front page media attention?

It was covered in local Cincinnati media which is all the story warrants: http://www.wlwt.com/news/2-arrested-after-july-4-incident-on-fountain-square/34006034
  10. 06 Jul '15 16:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You think every assault anywhere in the country should receive front page media attention?
    You tell me.

Which deserve the most attention?

Should the white dude who was beaten to a bloody pulp have died in order to receive the same recognition?
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    06 Jul '15 16:35
    You tell me.

Which deserve the most attention?

Should the white dude who was beaten to a bloody pulp have died in order to receive the same recognition?
    Murders always draw more attention than assaults. There are literally millions of assaults each year in the US.
  12. 06 Jul '15 16:49
    Murders always draw more attention than assaults. There are literally millions of assaults each year in the US.
    What if he is just a drooling vegetable after the assault? Would that raise an eyebrow?
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    06 Jul '15 17:58 / 1 edit
    What if he is just a drooling vegetable after the assault? Would that raise an eyebrow?
    The only reason the site you linked was complaining about it was because it is allegedly a case where some blacks beat a white guy. It has nothing to do with he importance of the incident or the severity of the man's injuries; it's just an attempt to spread racial hatred.

And you know this.
  14. 06 Jul '15 18:00
    The only reason the site you linked was complaining about it was because it is allegedly a case where some blacks beat a white guy. It has nothing to do with he importance of the incident or the severity of the man's injuries; it's just an attempt to spread racial hatred.

And you know this.
    So is this why the media does not report it? They don't wish to spread racist hatred?

Good thing they reported the events in Fergusen and Baltimore and South Carolina which stopped the spread of racial hatred.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    06 Jul '15 18:05 / 1 edit
    So is this why the media does not report it? They don't wish to spread racist hatred?

Good thing they reported the events in Fergusen and Baltimore and South Carolina which stopped the spread of racial hatred.
    Yes the national media reported the mass murder in Charleston but didn't report an incident in Cincinnati where a white guy was beaten.

Get a grip.