Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    26 Jan '12 14:59 / 1 edit
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/fl/florida_republican_presidential_primary-1597.html

The Gingrich surge was wholly predictable in SC, where he has a natural advantage. But now the SC bounce if fading and Romney abandons the prevent defense and unleashes his all out blitz.

Yes he had his scary moment, but I still think Romney is in excellent shape.

Intrade agrees, tapping his odds for the nom at over 80%.

http://www.intrade.com/v4/markets/?eventId=84328

As Kunsoo pointed out (very astutely, BTW) last week, this whole process could help Romney, as Bain Capital and the other recent attacks could be stale by the time the general campaign comes around.
  2. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    26 Jan '12 15:49
    Romney-Rubio. That'll do it.
  3. 26 Jan '12 16:02
    Originally posted by sh76
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/fl/florida_republican_presidential_primary-1597.html

The Gingrich surge was wholly predictable in SC, where he has a natural advantage. But now the SC bounce if fading and Romney abandons the prevent defense and unleashes his all out blitz.

Yes he had his scary moment, but I still think Romney is in e ...[text shortened]... pital and the other recent attacks could be stale by the time the general campaign comes around.
    Yep, since you can't judge character you have to substitute odds. Gingrich is far from being done. He is flush with cash and has not even started to spend it. New flash for those who don't know - Rednecks run Florida not Cubans. But hey, Romney is the weakest candidate the Republicans could field, I hope he wins.
  4. 26 Jan '12 19:24
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Romney-Rubio. That'll do it.
    Rubio would be a good choice, but I'm sure he'd much rather have Jeb Bush.
  5. 26 Jan '12 19:30
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Rubio would be a good choice, but I'm sure he'd much rather have Jeb Bush.
    Jeb Bush ? No.

Rubio is by far the best choice. Rubio on the ticket, any ticket, is a win win situation. Republicans have been discussing this for at least a year now. Maybe longer.
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    26 Jan '12 19:46
    I agree.

Romney-Rubio seems likely to be an excellent ticket, though of course, it's impossible to really know how good Rubio would be on the campaign trail until we see it.
  7. 26 Jan '12 20:11
    I agree.

Romney-Rubio seems likely to be an excellent ticket, though of course, it's impossible to really know how good Rubio would be on the campaign trail until we see it.
    Romney gives me the runs. Gingrich makes me throw up in the trashcan while I'm sitting on the pot.
  8. 26 Jan '12 20:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Romney gives me the runs. Gingrich makes me throw up in the trashcan while I'm sitting on the pot.
    What does Obama do for ya ?
    Personally, I become physically ill every time I hear him speak. My dog drops to the floor and goes into a seizure. And my cats begin hissing and spitting at the TV !
    Its a nightmare !
    I dont even want to mention what happens when Nancy Pelosi comes on the TV !
  9. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    26 Jan '12 20:33
    Dont imagine a grinning Herman Cain in a string bikini
  10. 26 Jan '12 20:44
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [hidden]Dont imagine a grinning Herman Cain in a string bikini[/hidden]
    Is that with or without his glasses on ?
  11. Standard member Soothfast
    26 Jan '12 20:46

Yes he had his scary moment, but I still think Romney is in e ...[text shortened]... pital and the other recent attacks could be stale by the time the general campaign comes around.
    Are you and Romney, like, going steady or something?
  12. 26 Jan '12 21:07
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Are you and Romney, like, going steady or something?
    I think sh must work for the Romney super pac.
  13. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    26 Jan '12 21:30
    So . . . it's Romney for you then?
  14. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    26 Jan '12 21:33
    I think sh must work for the Romney super pac.
    Then where's my check?
  15. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    26 Jan '12 21:42
    Why do you all still believe in potuses? I doubt there has been one worth shytte for a very long time.