Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 11 Nov '17 14:53
    is he a pedophile?
  2. 11 Nov '17 15:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    is he a pedophile?
    Donno, but I'm guessing the next DNC Presidential candidate will be one as well.

    When should the break the story? A month before election time, two months, three?

    I don't know their name yet but all I can say is how shocked I am that they sexually assaulted a 14 year old child at age 30.

    Disgusting.
  3. 11 Nov '17 17:38
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Donno, but I'm guessing the next DNC Presidential candidate will be one as well.

    When should the break the story? A month before election time, two months, three?

    I don't know their name yet but all I can say is how shocked I am that they sexually assaulted a 14 year old child at age 30.

    Disgusting.
    Haha. Leave it up to whodey to spin a sex scandal about a Republican politician into somehow being about Democrats.
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Nov '17 17:54
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Haha. Leave it up to whodey to spin a sex scandal about a Republican politician into somehow being about Democrats.
    His moral outrage, expressed in dozens of posts regarding Hollywood figures accused of similar misconduct, seems curiously missing here.
  5. 11 Nov '17 17:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    His moral outrage, expressed in dozens of posts regarding Hollywood figures accused of similar misconduct, seems curiously missing here.
    I've already said that Harvey Weinerstein was thrown under the bus cuz Hillary had lost. Had she won, I doubt any of that would have been revealed.

    Are the allegations true against Moore? Perhaps, but does it strike anyone strange that they waited some 30 years right before an election?

    Everything revolves around politics. It really is all consuming.
  6. 11 Nov '17 18:20
    I'm reminded of the Penn State scandal. Here you had a pedophile as a coach that everyone seemingly knew about at the university, yet they only come out with the scandal a decade later and wait till Jo Pa gets his record win and is ready to retire.

    Then the NCAA later takes back many of the penalties they initially placed on them, all to bring them back this year to sell more tickets

    Yep, children and women and even men are sacrificed everyday, all in the name of the almighty dollar and the politics therein.
  7. Standard member vivify
    rain
    11 Nov '17 18:58
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Are the allegations true against Moore? Perhaps, but does it strike anyone strange that they waited some 30 years right before an election?
    He only recently has been in the public eye. I, and most of America, have only known about him in the few weeks since he ran for senate, brandishing a pistol.
  8. 11 Nov '17 19:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    He only recently has been in the public eye. I, and most of America, have only known about him in the few weeks since he ran for senate, brandishing a pistol.
    The ONLY reason you hear of him now is, the GOP needs him for a vote on their tax bill.

    The DNC has dirt on pretty much all these guys, so when the time presents then need, they dispose of them.
  9. 11 Nov '17 20:20
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I've already said that Harvey Weinerstein was thrown under the bus cuz Hillary had lost. Had she won, I doubt any of that would have been revealed.

    Are the allegations true against Moore? Perhaps, but does it strike anyone strange that they waited some 30 years right before an election?

    Everything revolves around politics. It really is all consuming.
    Did it strike you as strange that the (initial) allegations against Kevin Spacey only surfaced decades after the alleged incident occurred?
  10. 11 Nov '17 21:35
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Did it strike you as strange that the (initial) allegations against Kevin Spacey only surfaced decades after the alleged incident occurred?
    Hollywood is literally full of such people.

    So it does strike me strange that some are thrown under the bus while others are not.

    Must have rubbed the wrong people the wrong way.
  11. 11 Nov '17 22:25
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    is he a pedophile?
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/10/roy-moore-mitt-romney-sexual-assault-claim-resign

    "Roy Moore says he doesn't know woman who made sexual misconduct claims."

    Roy Moore allegedly sexually assaulted Leigh Corfman, when she was 14 years old.
    As a man in his 30s, he also (reportedly) dated girls who were 17 or 18 years old.

    "Is he [Roy Moore] a pedophile?"
    --Lemondrop

    Should a 14 year old girl be considered a child or a young woman?
    (In Alabama, the age of consent is 16 years.)
  12. Standard member vivify
    rain
    12 Nov '17 01:29 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The ONLY reason you hear of him now is, the GOP needs him for a vote on their tax bill.

    The DNC has dirt on pretty much all these guys, so when the time presents then need, they dispose of them.
    We don't know that. Chances are, that his alleged victims aren't politicians, and probably weren't aware that he was running for any public office, until the they learned about it a few weeks ago, like the rest of America. If so, it makes sense that these women would speak out now, especially in light of Weinstein, who has caused a chain-reaction of embolden women speaking out against their abusers.
  13. 12 Nov '17 08:58
    Originally posted by @vivify
    We don't know that. Chances are, that his alleged victims aren't politicians, and probably weren't aware that he was running for any public office, until the they learned about it a few weeks ago, like the rest of America. If so, it makes sense that these women would speak out now, especially in light of Weinstein, who has caused a chain-reaction of embolden women speaking out against their abusers.
    What happened is that Roy Moore's likely election as senator prompted the WaPo to start digging in Moore's past, after which they found these women and asked them their story.
  14. 12 Nov '17 14:09
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    is he a pedophile?
    Probably not.

    He is a victim of the establishment.

    So far no proof of allegations.
  15. 12 Nov '17 15:50 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Probably not.

    He is a victim of the establishment.

    So far no proof of allegations.
    Poor Roy Moore. Only a few dozen corroborating statements from witnesses, but Moore didn't tape himself fondling a 14-year old, so it's all hearsay and a smear campaign. (sarcasm intended)

    Just like how the establishment forced Moore to stand up for a man who raped a 4-year old, right, Eladar?
    https://lawnewz.com/high-profile/roy-moore-cast-the-sole-vote-in-favor-of-a-man-who-raped-a-four-year-old/