Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 28 Sep '13 18:42 / 4 edits
    Samantha Lewthwaite from Buckinghamshire is now on Interpols most wanted list for the Nairobi attack.

Story - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2429684/Kenya-mall-attack-anti-terror-police-believe-British-White-Widow-Samantha-Lewthwaite-massacre.html

The Widow of 7/7 suicide bomber Jermaine Lindsay and the daughter of a former British soldier Samantha has vanished from the UK. Its thought she may of been in the Nairobi attack as well as running all female training camps in Somalia.

What does this say about the face of so called 'Terrorism'?

Also what do you think of Al Shabaab having a twitter account for PR?
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    28 Sep '13 18:58 / 2 edits
    Wow. So the Kenya mass murder at the mall was organized by...a white person from England?

Wasn't Kenya once part of the British Empire?

http://www.britishempire.co.uk/maproom/kenya.htm
  3. 28 Sep '13 18:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Wow. So the Kenya mass murder at the mall was organized by...a white person from England?

edit - allegedly, yes,
  4. 29 Sep '13 00:37 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung

http://www.britishempire.co.uk/maproom/kenya.htm
    So the Kenya mass murder at the mall was organized by...a white person from England?-ATY

The one key word you omitted was Muslim.
    Or should I say Islamic jihadist (but thats two words)
  5. 29 Sep '13 00:46 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    So the Kenya mass murder at the mall was organized by...a white person from England?-ATY

am I a terrorist for disliking council bailiffs more? Its ok for the council to kick an English persons door in... but its not legal in Scotland...
  6. 29 Sep '13 00:47
    Originally posted by e4chris
    am I a terrorist for disliking council bailiffs more? Its a ok for the council to kick an English persons door in... but its not legal in Scotland...
    Huh ?
  7. 29 Sep '13 00:52 / 1 edit
    Huh ?
    its true in Scotland there's no council bailiffs, in England I had to pay my ex flatmates tax as I was the only one of us working - on threat of having my house broken into and property seized and we waffle about terrorism - uk councils and police do more harm right now. Muslims in the UK are fine by me and it doesn't surprise me the odd few go radical.

and edit that is way off point but I see councils as a much much bigger problem then Muslims in the UK....
  8. 29 Sep '13 01:00 / 1 edit
    its true in Scotland there's no council bailiffs, in England I had to pay my ex flatmates tax as I was the only one of us working - on threat of having my house broken into and property seized and we waffle about terrorism - uk councils and police do more harm right now. Muslims in the UK are fine by me and it doesn't surprise me the odd few go radical.

...[text shortened]... is way off point but I see councils as a much much bigger problem then Muslims in the UK....
    So the victims in the mass murders in the kenya mall were guilty of what ?
    council bailiffs ?
  9. 29 Sep '13 01:09
    So the victims in the mass murders in the kenya mall were guilty of what ?
    council bailiffs ?
    I hate the councils down south so much - I don't want to put anything to inflammatory but it surprises me they haven't been attacked it really does.

The attack in Nairobi was bad, innocent people. Still it strikes me if you become a devout Christian in the UK you might find yourself in the salvation army. But becoming a devout Muslim might make you want to fight for their rights overseas? If you took Islam seriously their oppression would upset you. That must of happened to Samantha Leathwaite?
  10. 29 Sep '13 01:19
    I hate the councils down south so much - I don't want to put anything to inflammatory but it surprises me they haven't been attacked it really does.

The attack in Nairobi was bad, innocent people. Still it strikes me if you become a devout Christian in the UK you might find yourself in the salvation army. But becoming a devout Muslim might make you want ...[text shortened]... Islam seriously their oppression would upset you. That must of happened to Samantha Leathwaite?
    I must be missing something here.
    Im under the impresssion from the reports I have heard that the victims were chosen based on their religion.
    They were told to recite passages of the Quran. If they could not, they were murdered. One woman converted to Islam on the spot at gun point and her and her children were spared.
    Thats what I have been hearing about it.
    Is this not so ?
  11. 29 Sep '13 01:36 / 5 edits
    I must be missing something here.
    Im under the impresssion from the reports I have heard that the victims were chosen based on their religion.
    They were told to recite passages of the Quran. If they could not, they were murdered. One woman converted to Islam on the spot at gun point and her and her children were spared.
    Thats what I have been hearing about it.
    Is this not so ?
    Yes. I've read about it. I don't fully understand why a Somali militia wanted to attack a Kenyan mall. I heard they executed non muslims. I'll shut up about the council but they radicalised me a little they really did. I've no plans to ever move back to England.

Perhaps its wrong but in these attacks I find myself a bit trying to empathise with the perpetrator not the victims. Wrong but I do. If they had attacked a Kenyan army base for their actions in Somalia I might understand more. This will just bring them terrible trouble. But I do wonder why, they must of had a crazed sense of a just cause to act like that.

Edit - I have heard that Sharia law is popular in Somalia and a very good alternative to civil war. So anyone against it might be seen as the enemy. Somehow the mall got targeted. I thought that was hypocritical (plus evil) as theirs plenty of shopping malls in rich mid east countries.
  12. 29 Sep '13 01:53 / 1 edit

Perhaps its wrong but in these attacks I find myself a bit trying to empathise with the perpetrator not the victims. Wrong but I do.
    There's no "perhaps" about it, it's wrong to the point of being disgusting. You must be nuts. You do realize that had you been at that mall you would have been one of the victims, right?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2434278/Kenya-mall-attack-torture-claims-emerge-soldiers-Eyes-gouged-bodies-hooks-fingers-removed.html
  13. 29 Sep '13 01:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    There's no "perhaps" about it, it's wrong to the point of being disgusting. You must be nuts. You do realize that had you been at that mall you would have been one of the victims, right?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2434278/Kenya-mall-attack-torture-claims-emerge-soldiers-Eyes-gouged-bodies-hooks-fingers-removed.html
    so why are you posting from the daily mail that gives an in depth look at Leathwaites motives, that I was just talking about? I appreciate your revulsion but I don't think I'm giving the perpetrators any credit, just asking why they did it...
  14. 29 Sep '13 16:26

The other word you left out was nutcase.

Religion is the last refuge of the nutcase.
    Radicalized religious freaks with guns are
    nothing more than nutcases.

You don't negotiate with nut jobs.

You just kill them........quickly.....before they kill you.
  15. 29 Sep '13 17:42 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    The other word you left out was nutcase.

Religion is the last refuge of the nutcase.
    Radicalized religious freaks with guns are
    nothing more than nutcases.

You don't negotiate with nut jobs.

You just kill them........quickly.....before they kill you.
    I have to agree with you on that.
    But It does seem like a whole lot of nut cases are popping up as of late spouting that religion and using it as their motivation to murder in cold blood.