Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 16:11
    ...with democrats high jacking their agenda for political reasons.
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 17:01
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Not half as furious as they might be if this guy plays a role in overturning Roe vs Wade.

Let's be clear here.
    Both sides are playing politics. This is a political arena after all.

If this hearing accomplished one thing, it is this.

It has flushed out Kavanaugh for what he is.
    If anything, any candidate for the SCOTUS should be free of political leanings as much as possible.
    We all know that being completely free is next to impossible.

But Kavanaugh has been exposed as soon as he sat down and launched a highly political counterattack against those trying to stop him.
    Far too militant to be considered for the highest court in the land.

That is not stuff judges are made of.

I think Dems were smart to go after him on his thoughts on drinking to excess.

Kavanaugh trying to make a distinction on national television between going to sleep instead of passing out after drinking too much amounts to an optical disaster !!

NOT stuff of a Supreme Court judge !!
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 17:081 edit
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Not half as furious as they might be if this guy plays a role in overturning Roe vs Wade.

Let's be clear here.
    Both sides are playing politics. This is a political arena after all.

If this hearing accomplished one thing, it is this.

It has flushed out Kavanaugh for what he is.
    If anything, any candidate for the SCOTUS should be free of political ...[text shortened]... ter drinking too much amounts to an optical disaster !!

NOT stuff of a Supreme Court judge !!
    Actually Kavanaugh exposed the dem machine for what it is. As far as blacking out vs going to sleep...please explain the difference or how they are the same.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 18:05
    Actually Kavanaugh exposed the dem machine for what it is. As far as blacking out vs going to sleep...please explain the difference or how they are the same.
    The subject is not about the difference.
    It is that someone about to be appointed to SCOTUS is even trying to explain this.

You obviously didn't grasp this.

And the talk about the dem machine is no different than talk about the GOP machine.
    I have already spoken to that.

America is in the middle of a cold civil war.
    That much is clear.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 18:161 edit
    It is that someone about to be appointed to SCOTUS is even trying to explain this.

And the talk about the dem machine is no different than talk about the GOP machine.

That much is clear.
    No, he understands very well the difference. He just doesn't care a drunk and sexual predator gets to be SCOTUS for life. He WANTS ROE V Wade to be defeated, he WANTS unions to go away so we can go back to the 19th century labor laws. He WANTS the EPA to die fully. He WANTS the vote for women to go away even thought that won't happen, he clearly hates women, especially women in power.

Trump is talking right now, saying he will go along with the Senate. He has NOT said he will launch a deeper FBI probe if they in fact call for it. From what I understand, Trump is the one who starts an expanded probe so time will tell next week.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 18:22

That much is clear.
    the democrat asked a ridiculous question, of course he wanted clarity. Undoubtedly you don't know the difference, at least you didn't provide it.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 18:232 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    No, he understands very well the difference. He just doesn't care a drunk and sexual predator gets to be SCOTUS for life. He WANTS ROE V Wade to be defeated, he WANTS unions to go away so we can go back to the 19th century labor laws. He WANTS the EPA to die fully. He WANTS the vote for women to go away even thought that won't happen, he clearly hates wome ...[text shortened]... om what I understand, Trump is the one who starts an expanded probe so time will tell next week.
    the fbi has already had this presented to them...said there was not enough relevant info to investigate. constitution law is not decided by making false allegations
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 19:19
    the democrat asked a ridiculous question, of course he wanted clarity. Undoubtedly you don't know the difference, at least you didn't provide it.
    I saw that part of the hearing. The Democrat asking the question never mentioned going to sleep.
    He asked Kavanaugh if he passed out after drinking too much.
    Kavanaugh responded something to the effect.
    "No I didn't pass out, I fell asleep after drinking".
    Then added "there is a difference".

That's what I saw from someone being considered for the highest court.

He would have been better off saying "yes, I was a teenaged male".
    This was not a question about sexual assault at the time.
    This was about drinking as a teenager.

He hurt his credibility on his temperament on this.
    He was speaking to the Bible punchers instead of the Senate committee.

Big mistake.

Of course the Democrats are going to dig in their heels !!
    That's politics !!

One side wants to turn America into a Christian theocracy.
    The other side wants to move America forward into the 21st century.
    Which is already 20% over, btw.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 19:271 edit
    As far as blacking out vs going to sleep...please explain the difference or how they are the same

"Blacked out?...blacked out...No, I uh...fell asleep...yeah, that's the ticket!"
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 22:00
    You lose all moral high ground when you support a pussy-grabber who bragged about forcing himself on women, bragged about walking into dressing rooms of teen girls, said women should be treated "like s**t", said it was okay to call his own daughter a "hot piece of ass", and had a rape charge involving a 13 yr old girl, dismissed only because of filing errors.

When you're this much of a hypocrite, it is not an insult to call you a worthless piece of garbage. It's a demonstrable fact.
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 22:13
    Men who would deny women the right to make their own choices should stop telling women what to do.
  12. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 01:38
    I think it's possible that the accuser suffered more damage from the Democrats thrusting her on to the public stage and using her as blunt-force weapon vs. Republicans... than she did at the hands of her alleged rapist.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 01:421 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I think it's possible that the accuser suffered more damage from the Democrats thrusting her on to the public stage and using her as blunt-force weapon vs. Republicans... than she did at the hands of her alleged rapist.
    Which Democrats "thrust" her into testifying? Ford herself, during her testimony, said she's "nobody's pawn". Or do you, like a typical conservative, think she's lying about that too?
  14. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 01:531 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Which Democrats "thrust" her into testifying? Ford herself, during her testimony, said she's "nobody's pawn". Or do you, like a typical conservative, think she's lying about that too?
    1. She's a known liar, so...
    2. She certainly wouldn't admit to it, even if she knows she's a pawn. It's embarrassing.
    3. She is clearly a pawn.
    4. Feinstein's withholding of the accuser's letter for 2 months demonstrates either
    > > > A. Feinstein didn't find the claims credible, or
    > > > B. The accuser is being used as a pawn and an ultimate 'panic button' that was pressed when all indications were, Kavanaugh would be the 5th strict Constitutionalist conservative on the Bench; an unallowable thing which threatens disaster far more important than a few people's lives including the accuser, Kavanaugh, families, friends, and associates.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 02:561 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    1. She's a known liar, so...
    2. She certainly wouldn't admit to it, even if she knows she's a pawn. It's embarrassing.
    3. She is clearly a pawn.
    4. Feinstein's withholding of the accuser's letter for 2 months demonstrates either
    > > > A. Feinstein didn't find the claims credible, or
    > > > B. The accuser is being used as a pawn and an ultimate ...[text shortened]... t than a few people's lives including the accuser, Kavanaugh, families, friends, and associates.
    Okay. Just one question.

Why is one lie from a liberal enough to label them a liar....when MANY and FREQUENT lies from Trump don't make conservatives bat an eye? Even Trump's own staff are on record as saying they don't want him to testify with Mueller because he's "incapable of telling the truth".

Why are conservatives SO indignant at Ford, but don't care a lick about Trump? Isn't the textbook hypocrisy?