Dear divegeester

Dear divegeester

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
04 Oct 16

Stop it you two or I'll bang your heads together.

My mother used that to stop arguments, and it worked then. What's the forum equivalent?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
That you don't ~ indeed, "not in the slightest", as you put it ~ claim to be demonstrating any integrity in this matter. I was rather surprised by your candour. 😉
What integrity? You're the one with all the integrity.

You just have to be right about everything don't you? But you're wrong. Just a pompous and arrogant hypocritical censorious self-righteous nobody. 😴

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Oct 16

Originally posted by josephw
Everyday you sound more and more like FMF.
Everyday you make unprincipled statements, claim to hold some sort of religious moral high ground, dodge the issues you create and reveal more of your duplicity.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Oct 16

Originally posted by FMF
Nice try. But I demonstrated that I knew exactly what James 4:4 means eleven minutes after you first brandished it on the General Forum (back in February) and I put it to you that your "banter" was out of order and your use of the Bible tawdry, you have been running away ever since.
There's nothing to run away from FMF. You were wrong then, and you're still wrong now.

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Oct 16

Not in the slightest.

There's nothing to evade FMF. Perhaps you'd feel better if I just came out and said divegeester was an enemy of God, then maybe you'd have something to go on, but until I do you may as well just give it up.
Absolutely that would be the better thing to do, rather than slipping in nasty insults in the guise of Biblicsl scriptures and then bare-faced lying that the scripture didn't mean what you fully meant it to mean.

F

Moves
04 Oct 16

Originally posted by Kewpie

My mother used that to stop arguments, and it worked then. What's the forum equivalent?
Some of the Christians here try to land the meanest punches they can think of because of friction on this message board. Being an ex-Christian, I know full well that they are trying to be as absolutely contemptuous as they possibly can.

That's why you get various references to doing "Satan's work" or being related in some way to "Satan"; and also why there is this "enemy of God" riff that the likes of josephw, robbie, lemon lime and Suzianne have been strumming at various times for most of this year.

It's Christians trying to be as ugly to other Christians as the terms of reference of their mythology allow. The self-obsessed vituperation behind waving James 4:4 ~ as innocuous as it may seem ~ and claiming that a Christian is influenced by "Satan" ~ as preposterous as it may seem ~ is quite deliberately intended to be worse than anything divegeester has ever said to anyone, ever, and - pound for pound [of rancour, that is] - is intended to be far worse than anything Seitse has ever said. I think it's necessary - and quite fun - to stand up to it. 🙂

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Oct 16

Originally posted by Kewpie

Banishment.

If you watch long enough you'll see FMF try and find a way to ban me too. Then the forum captain will have the ship to himself and his crew of think alikes.

F

Moves
04 Oct 16

If you watch long enough you'll see FMF try and find a way to ban me too. Then the forum captain will have the ship to himself and his crew of think alikes.
"Ban" you? What are you on about now?

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Oct 16

There's nothing to run away from FMF. You were wrong then, and you're still wrong now.
Then why did you use James 4:4 against me?

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Oct 16

Banishment.

FMF is not a moderator and has no more influence here than you.

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Oct 16
1 edit

Obviously you do, and if you did wave James 4:4 in my face I wouldn't waste so much time whining about it.
You are missing the point. Like it is or not, agree with it or not, this extended argument is actually a case-study debate about forum etiquette. The case is about using biblical scripture to insult people, I even started a specific thread about it a few months ago. What is making this argument interesting is that you have done this and, yes, you have been running away from it ever since.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Oct 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Absolutely that would be the better thing to do, rather than slipping in nasty insults in the guise of Biblicsl scriptures and then bare-faced lying that the scripture didn't mean what you fully meant it to mean.
You must have just gotten that line in a PM from FMF because it sounds like the obfuscation he would use.

".., know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God?"

Now get all worked up over that.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Oct 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Then why did you use James 4:4 against me?
Why did you take sides with the world and insult GB?

F

Moves
04 Oct 16

Why did you take sides with the world and insult GB?
It was a joke about copy pasting. Why did you take sides with Seitse ["the world", right?] against your Christian brother divegeester?

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Oct 16
2 edits

You must have just gotten that line in a PM from FMF because it sounds like the obfuscation he would use.

".., know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God?"

Now get all worked up over that.
This is an Internet forum board where people disagree every single day. Disagreeing with one of your friends does not make me an enemy of God. Furthermore I can tell you quite honestly that based on the principles I see displayed in these forums I would rather be friends with some of the atheists than some of the professed Christians.