How to stay below 1400 for ever.

How to stay below 1400 for ever.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
18 Nov 06

Originally posted by Diet Coke
Game 2772421

Like this?

Also now a checkmate in under 20.

I wish all my opponents were this generous.
Drop as many pieces as possible especially if by doing so you can be mated. Ideally force your opponent to make that winning capture because that is not too difficult for him to see.

A

Frostbyte Falls

Moves
18 Nov 06

Play your baby brother and dont play Fischer Random Chess.😀

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
19 Nov 06

Game 2751780

Draw games like these.

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
19 Nov 06

Game 2751841

Miss checkmates in 1

g

Moves
19 Nov 06

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
Suggestions please! My first.

[b]1. Never spend time on your games. 5 seconds a move is more than enough.

All you bright fellows lets hear your suggestions here rather than in the threads about improving.[/b]
That is a good way to lose. It still work for me. Night owls should only play moves as soon as they have awaken in the morning. You may try clicking a move and move the mouse control to the move button and study the positon. Sometimes you may have a response reaction and click the move.

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
19 Nov 06

Game 2777377

Advance your pawns in front of your king, especially when there is a protected enemy pawn smack bang in front of him.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
19 Nov 06

Game 2777377

Advance your pawns in front of your king, especially when there is a protected enemy pawn smack bang in front of him.
Resign this Game 2751727 as it is clearly lost fot black.

Y

Moves
19 Nov 06

Game 2777377

wooot! accelerated dragon!

btw coke, i find that it's more effective to trade a knight for the dark squared bishop and generally leave the light squared one (it can potentially be quite a BAD bish while to g7 one thrives)

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by YUG0slav
wooot! accelerated dragon!

btw coke, i find that it's more effective to trade a knight for the dark squared bishop and generally leave the light squared one (it can potentially be quite a BAD bish while to g7 one thrives)
Good advice.

c

Moves
20 Nov 06

Good advice.
I have better advice - forget the HAD/AD and play the Dragon proper.

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by cmsMaster
I have better advice - forget the HAD/AD and play the Dragon proper.
To slow

c

Moves
20 Nov 06

To slow
Wait what? The HAD/AD are significantly slower than the Dragon. The Dragon is about as action packed as it gets.

Y

Moves
20 Nov 06

To slow
once again, I gotta agree with cms over there. The AD is way more positional (and consequently slower. Kinda like comparing queen pawn games and king pawn games) than the sharp, tactical "dragon proper"

In other words, with the dragon, it's more likely that when you make a mistake, you'll self-destruct (especially when you're NOT playing something as slow as correspondance) But I suppose that it can yield greater rewards.

c

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by YUG0slav
once again, I gotta agree with cms over there. The AD is way more positional (and consequently slower. Kinda like comparing queen pawn games and king pawn games) than the sharp, tactical "dragon proper"

In other words, with the dragon, it's more likely that when you make a mistake, you'll self-destruct (especially when you're NOT playing something as slow as correspondance) But I suppose that it can yield greater rewards.
People that enter the Yugoslav get killed against me. They seem to refuse to study the theory and consequently play lines like 11.Bh6.

Y

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by cmsMaster
People that enter the Yugoslav get killed against me. They seem to refuse to study the theory and consequently play lines like 11.Bh6.
that dragon's likely to cause your own death in otb