1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 00:213 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Paul, a man that followed Christ to the end, did not know whether or not he had eternal life, but YOU, an ordinary nobody claim that you know that you have eternal life.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would you submit as scriptural evidence that Paul did not know that he had eternal life. I am all ears.

Paul knew that he had to await the righteous judgment of God and in the meantime keep himself and his body in subjection lest he be excluded from the Kingdom of God. Paui lived in the HOPE of eternal life. He waited for the promise of eternal life.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you do not understand the difference between the Judgment Seat of Christ for Christians and the final judgment of the great white throne at the end of the millennium.

Paul, at the end of his life, knowing that he was about to be martyred was self assured that he would receive a REWARD - a crown of righteousness.

"I have fought the fight, I have finished the course; I have kept the faith.

Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, with which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will recompense me in that day, and not only me but also all those who have loved His appearing." ( 2 Tim. 4:7,8)

That is the recompense of reward in the millennial kingdom for living righteously after he received eternal life and eternal redemption.

This is somewhat in constrast to the middle of his ministry in Philippians where he said he had not yet attained, he forgot the things of the past, he stretched forth to gain Christ, to attain to the out-resurrection. Then he implies he is not certain of his reward in the kingdom.

At the end when he is about to be "poured out" in martyrdom, he is assured of his reward.

"For I am already being poured out, and the time of my departure is at hand.

I have fought the good fight;
    I have finished the course;
    I have kept the faith ... etc. etc."

Now this addresses the matter of his reward in the millennial kingdom.
    The problem at hand is how can I know that throughout his whole ministry he was assured that he had eternal life?

And while I would agree that sometimes we could see a distinction between saved and eternal life. Perhaps I could verifiy that. However they are also used interchangeably.

Paul says in Romans 8:10 that the regenerated human spirit IS - presently - divine ZOE life (the eternal life) because of righteousness.

"But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the [human] spirit is life because of righteousness." (Rom. 8:10)

As long as Jesus Christ in IN you, at least one part of your being IS divine and eternal life because of Christ as righteousness.

Upon being born again the Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are in God's family.

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God." (v.16)

And in conjunction with this the regenerated human spirit IS divine life because of righteousness of the Righteous one within the spirit.

" But if Christ is in you ... the spirit is life because of righteousness." (v.10)

I would go on to say that in Romans 5 SAVED refers to the whole realm of this implanted divine life growing, spreading, saturating the entire being FROM the regenerated spirit as the kernel of man.

"For if when we were enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more we will be SAVED ... in His life, having been reconciled." (5:10)

As to the PAST - the Christian is reconciled and safe from eternal perdition.
    As to his PRESENT - he is being saved in His life.
    The influence of eternal life - divine life - Jesus Christ AS the life is growing and SAVING him in that whole realm of being joined to Christ.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 00:27
    Good scripture? I never used that expression.
    You are playing with words, you renounce Paul as having good scripture and bad. You and the serpent are running around saying some scripture isn't from God.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 00:28
    Most of Pauls words are inspired by God, MOST, not all. There are times when Paul said that he did not get this from Christ but is giving his own opinion.

You are just so stupid that you do not take the parts of Pauls words which state which Christian gets eternal life and which does not. Not all Christians get it. The ones who get it are the ones who live righteously.
    Liar
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 00:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Liar
    Can't handle the truth?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 00:49
    You are playing with words, you renounce Paul as having good scripture and bad. You and the serpent are running around saying some scripture isn't from God.
    Don't you know Paul said not everything he says is from God?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 01:08
    Can't handle the truth?
    Truth I have no issues with, your denouement of scriptures shows how far you are from the truth.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 01:10
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] Paul, a man that followed Christ to the end, did not know whether or not he had eternal life, but YOU, an ordinary nobody claim that you know that you have eternal life.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would you submit as scriptural evidence that Paul did not know t ...[text shortened]... esus Christ AS the life is growing and SAVING him in that whole realm of being joined to Christ.[/b]
    Paul waited till the very end to claim that a crown of righteousness awaited him . You and your type are not so inclined. You are laying claim to what is not rightfully yours .
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 02:20
    Paul waited till the very end to claim that a crown of righteousness awaited him . You and your type are not so inclined. You are laying claim to what is not rightfully yours .
    He waited until just before his martyrdom to confess he was assured of the crown of reward.

He did not wait until the end of his life to claim that he or all Christians have the gift of eternal life.

" But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is life because of righteousness." (Rom. 8:10)

If Christ is in us we have eternal life. Our human spirit IS this life. Our innermost being, the nucleus of our being is the life of God.

Confirmed by the Apostle John -

" I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13)
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 03:51
    When that occurred he was up front about it, you have taken it upon yourself to pick and
    choose those things you like and dislike. You and the serpent have a lot in common when
    saying, (Did God really say...)! You have placed yourself above God's Word.
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 05:29
    The scripture is considered the inspired Word of God, even though in many versus it is the quotes of those who are speaking. Would you say then that God does not speak through people. They may never realize at the time it is happening. Look at the great speech "I have a dream" (Martin Luther King Jr.) In my mind that was an inspired word of God. It's message so eloquent.

Back with Paul's words. He may not have thought of them as inspired words, yet millions of people to this day have been inspired by them. What of you?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 11:07
    Originally posted by sonship
    He waited until just before his martyrdom to confess he was assured of the crown of [b]reward.

He did not wait until the end of his life to claim that he or all Christians have the gift of eternal life.

" But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is life because of righteousness." (Rom. 8:10) [/quo ...[text shortened]... e eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13) [/b]
    [/b]
    Again, to the SAVED Christian saints in every city, Paul, warned them that without righteous living and good works, they would not get eternal life.

They were saved but still had to DO certain things to get eternal life.

There is something about what the Bible means by saved, you cannot grasp.

Saved, does not necessarily mean automatic eternal life.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 11:13
    Again, to the SAVED Christian saints in every city, Paul, warned them that without righteous living and good works, they would not get eternal life.

How would you know what it means to be saved? You experience Christ in this life, the
    Holy Spirit? If you don't have God's Spirit you don't belong to Him, that is very clear in the
    scriptures too. Maybe those scriptures don't count as some of Paul's writings, that you do
    not like. What you push as doctrine isn't being saved, it is earning your way to God by
    works, that isn't salvation that is works.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 11:21

Being saved means you are forgiven by God, the relationship is restored to what it should
    be so God's Spirit can come into you. Sinners will not have receive that, and if you do not
    have God's Spirit you do not belong to God. Being saved is done by God's works, Jesus
    dying for us, then coming back from the dead, so we can do the works He wants us to do.
    Being saved means we are right with God, repenting of our evil deeds. Your version,
    people are working for it, getting right with God by earning their way in, which was what
    the Law was all about. It was never the hears of the law that were justified it was the
    doers, and none could do it well enough, so God saved us through Jesus Christ.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 11:29
    Being saved means you are forgiven by God, the relationship is restored to what it should
    be so God's Spirit can come into you. Sinners will not have receive that, and if you do not
    have God's Spirit you do not belong to God. Being saved is done by God's works, Jesus
    dying for us, then coming back from the dead, so we can do the works He wants us to do. ...[text shortened]... ified it was the
    doers, and none could do it well enough, so God saved us through Jesus Christ.
    If your interpretation of what SAVED means is correct, then there would have been no reason for Paul, Peter, James, John and Jude to constantly, over and over, warn the SAVED Christian saints that they MUST continue with good works and righteous living otherwise they will not enter the Kingdom of God.

Saved and eternal life are two different things.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 11:30
    How would you know what it means to be saved? You experience Christ in this life, the
    Holy Spirit? If you don't have God's Spirit you don't belong to Him, that is very clear in the
    scriptures too. Maybe those scriptures don't count as some of Paul's writings, that you do
    not like. What you push as doctrine isn't being saved, it is earning your way to God by
    works, that isn't salvation that is works.
    Jesus likes those who do good works and according to Him, it is these people who will enter the Kingdom of God. Those who think they are saved and do nothing, they will be cast into the lake of fire.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree