1. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    23 Nov '11 03:33
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    For your information, only France and Italy have more Michelin starred restaurants than the United Kingdom. It's impossible to get a better curry even in India than in the better quality British outlets.
    Arrgh, you Britishers had ruled over da India and the rest of the world and now the cricket pitch, some rule on the chessboards on RHP and now you claim to make better curry than us! 😀

But we have silently (non-violently) taken over Britain. The British can't eat without curry nowadays. There's curry everywhere ! 😉
  2. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    23 Nov '11 03:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    For authentic Indian food
    ones needs to marry an authentic Indian lady 😏

but yes, what have our American friends given us but blandess!
    True 😀
  3. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    23 Nov '11 03:37
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You ain't ate my Texas chili yet partner...Lol
    Come to India for the hottest chili, we will make you sweat blood! 🙂
  4. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    23 Nov '11 03:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    There absolutely [b]is such thing as a chicken tikka masala. It's an Indian invention. What an odd thing to seek to do, divesting Indian people of their culinary achievements, their inventiveness and adaptability, and their international impact! 😉[/b]
    Yes, I heard that some corporation has patented "Basmati" rice. LOL 😀
  5. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    23 Nov '11 03:44
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    [b]wasnt it invented in Glasgow b]
    Wolfgang, that was the most foul of all thefts!
    Next you may say that James Watt invented it too or Isacc Newton! LOL.
    Whatever next, I suppose someone has already patented it!
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Nov '11 06:12
    Originally posted by shahenshah
    Come to India for the hottest chili, we will make you sweat blood! 🙂
    Being the hottest doesn't make it the best tasting chili.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '11 12:331 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    No such thing as tikka masal?!?!?!? Are you mad?

Britains national dish!

wasnt it invented in Glasgow when a client complained that their tandoori chicken was too dry?
    if you go too India and ask for a chicken tikka masala they will look at you as if you
    are mad, its a totally invented dish for Europeans, chicken tikka, is dry, its cooked in a
    tandoori oven, yes Glaswegians make the finest curries, possibly because our Indian
    residents are predominately Punjabis! saying that you can get an excellent curry in
    Green street, the east end of London!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '11 12:381 edit
    Originally posted by shahenshah
    Arrgh, you Britishers had ruled over da India and the rest of the world and now the cricket pitch, some rule on the chessboards on RHP and now you claim to make better curry than us! 😀

But we have silently (non-violently) taken over Britain. The British can't eat without curry nowadays. There's curry everywhere ! 😉
    I would be interested to hear your perceptions of the British Raj in India for i am
    presently reading a book detailing the rise and fall of the British empire and have
    made some serious study of the Raj at all kinds of levels, from viceroy to collector to
    sepoy. My fathers uncle served as a soldier in Dehli.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '11 12:52
    if you go too India and ask for a chicken tikka masala they will 'ook at you as if you
    are mad, its a totally invented dish for Europeans, chicken tikka, is dry, its cooked in a
    tandoori oven, yes Glaswegians make the finest curries, possibly because our Indian
    residents are predominately Punjabis! saying that you can get an excellent curry in
    Green street, the east end of London!
    It's still Indian food, robbie. Just as Indian food in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur is Indian food. All commercially produced food is 'totally invented" at some point. 😉
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '11 12:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's still Indian food, robbie. Just as Indian food in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur is Indian food. All commercially produced food is 'totally invented" at some point. 😉
    well ok,
  11. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 03:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Being the hottest doesn't make it the best tasting chili.
    Sir, if it isn't hot and spicy then why call it chili?
    Why not just beans & gravy? 🙄
  12. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 03:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    The question is "invented" by whom?
    I heard that basmati rice is being patented as "Texmati rice" by a wily Texan!

IMHO, Samosas and Aloo paranthas was invented by God. No mere human could have invented such a delicious dish. 😛
  13. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 04:01
    I would be interested to hear your perceptions of the British Raj in India for i am
    presently reading a book detailing the rise and fall of the British empire and have
    made some serious study of the Raj at all kinds of levels, from viceroy to collector to
    sepoy. My fathers uncle served as a soldier in Dehli.
    Robbie, that was, as you must be aware just a joke.

Unlike, some Indians, I am actually grateful for the British rule in India. While there were some bad things they did. They also did a lot of good, especially the missionaries... building schools, banning the inhumane practices such as Sati (widow burning), etc.

The system of governance is good but we also inherited British bureaucracy (spelling).

Did any of your relatives stay behind in India?
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 05:53
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    What the hell this has got to do with Spirituality I don't know, but where's all this anti-British rancour sprung from all of a sudden?

For your information, only France and Italy have more Michelin starred restaurants than the United Kingdom. It's impossible to get a better curry even in India than in the better quality British outlets. Frankly, ...[text shortened]... ll of our ridiculous spiritual beliefs without resorting to ignorant, ill-informed bigotry?
    I too was wondering why the attack on british food. After all, in this day and age, you can get just about any sort of cuisine (if the price is right 😛)
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 05:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We have it all here in America plus more.
    That doesn't make sense

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree