Americans, Brits & Food

Americans, Brits & Food

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
That's it mate-IT's ON!!! (you and me, behind the toilets😠 😠 )

(although i have to admit the aussie team is in a re-building phase at the moment , and it remains to be seen if they are as good as India (in test cricket) yet)
HAH, you might have to bring your buddies as I am a tough fella.

Aussie toilets, not Indian latrines. If you fall inside one, I won't help you out of it! πŸ˜€

The Aussie team shouldn't have much trouble with the pathetic state the Indian team is at present.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by Trev33
India wasn't always part of India πŸ˜›

Just because something is apart of something doesn't mean it belongs there...
That's funny. πŸ˜€

s

Moves
29 Nov 11
1 edit

India wasn't always part of India πŸ˜›

Just because something is apart of something doesn't mean it belongs there...
Trev,
the people at the post-office couldn't remember when someone last sent a post-card. So they couldn't tell me the rate for a post-card or they just couldn't be bothered (there's the Indian government for you). We don't get that many tourists in my town so perhaps that is why post-cards aren't used here.

What do you think about a situation where say a Catholic and a Protestant Irish man were to meet in Africa or India or some other country and imagine that they had been staying in that country for at least a couple of years; would they have any animosity to each other?

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by shahenshah
Trev,
the people at the post-office couldn't remember when someone last sent a post-card. So they couldn't tell me the rate for a post-card or they just couldn't be bothered (there's the Indian government for you). We don't get that many tourists in my town so perhaps that is why post-cards aren't used here.

What do you think about a situation where ...[text shortened]... that country for at least a couple of years; would they have any animosity to each other?
I'm not doubting your Rs25 for a letter, you know better than i do... but you said postcard in the original post which was Rs 12 a year ago, it doesn't matter though.

I would say that it depends on the person but considering the type of person that does travel i'd say it's unlikely. Not all Protestants and Catholics want to kill each other, relations have improved a lot over the past 20 years... they don't live in perfect harmony together everywhere but wounds take time to heal.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
29 Nov 11

A quick google search...

http://yugalsarkarradhakrishna.blogspot.com/2011/02/caste-system-is-created-by-krishna.html

http://krishna.org/the-horrible-indian-caste-system/

And my personal favorite

http://indiafirsthand.com/2010/09/15/lord-krishna-and-caste-system-in-india/

[b]Lord Krishna says in the Bhagavad Gita that “I created the castes, the ...[text shortened]...

I don't know what i find more sickening, the caste system or your lack of knowledge of it.
The caste system as it existed about 3000 years ago i.e.the time of the Bhagavat Geeta or the Mahabharat times was based not on birth but on tendencies, liking for a particular type of work as the quote from Geeta explains. After a 1000 years or so, i.e.at the time Manusmriti was writtem, the caste system degenerated into the caste by birth, which was the highly obnoxious form of it. By the way, though we Hindus believe that the Geeta is the word of God, nothing could have prevented Vyas the author or the other authors from adding their thoughts to the text. But your efforts to blame God for the ills of mankind are contemptible.

Moves
29 Nov 11

Keep reading rvsakhadeo, you might learn something.

s

Moves
29 Nov 11

but you said postcard in the original post which was Rs 12 a year ago...
Trev, sorry that was my mistake.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Nov 11

I'm not doubting your Rs25 for a letter, you know better than i do... but you said postcard in the original post which was Rs 12 a year ago, it doesn't matter though.

I would say that it depends on the person but considering the type of person that does travel i'd say it's unlikely. Not all Protestants and Catholics want to kill each other, relations have ...[text shortened]... ars... they don't live in perfect harmony together everywhere but wounds take time to heal.
No, I do not want to kill Catholics. I only want them to learn the
truth and stop teaching false teachings, like Jesus was crucified on
Friday for one.

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
No, I do not want to kill Catholics. I only want them to learn the
truth and stop teaching false teachings, like Jesus was crucified on
Friday for one.
You're American, you don't get a say in the whole Protestant/Catholic thing... you have have to be born in Ulster for that right.

Moves
29 Nov 11

Trev, sorry that was my mistake.
It doesn't matter, the price for postcards has probably gone up now anyway, maybe the Rs15 in Assam for the postcards was the new price, i had just assumed it had further to travel so it was more expensive.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
29 Nov 11

What a presumption to advise a Hindu to learn about caste system by reading about it !! Englishman, don't sell coal in Newcastle ! I have lived in the caste system and have felt the adverse effects as a child, when I learnt that my grandmother's brother was almost burnt alive when trying to save his house from a mob burning every Brahmin's house in the village in the aftermath of the murder of Gandhiji by a Brahmin. As an adult towards the end of my career, I was denied my promotion as Chief Engineer in order to make room for a junior and less deserving candidate belonging to a backward caste.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
29 Nov 11

Sir, the paper roasts in the South are much longer... two to three feet! Hah, and it was invented in the South, you must admit! 😠

You forgot about the ghee (melted butter) dosa..... mmm delicious.

Mr Hinds is probably right, it must have been invented by a lady.... we men are too dumb. πŸ˜•

BTW, I couldn't get the green chili sauce you mentioned, but another brand "Weikfield" made in Pune was available. Really hot :'(
Yes, the paper dosa in the south of India-say Chennai-is monster size. There are variations in dosas which defy logic e.g.Szechuan Masala Dosa sold in and around Mumbai. It is great that you could get green chili sauce from Weikfield. That is a good brand too !

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
... I was denied my promotion as Chief Engineer in order to make room for a junior and less deserving candidate belonging to a backward caste.
In what way is a caste 'backward'. And by what authority do you call an entire caste backward?

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
29 Nov 11

Be advised pretentious westerner that your knowledge about India, Hindus, partition of India is pitiful and overgrown by the weed of prejudice. Your love of Pakistan the greatest rogue state in history is not shared by any sane westerner.

Moves
29 Nov 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
Be advised pretentious westerner that your knowledge about India, Hindus, partition of India is pitiful and overgrown by the weed of prejudice. Your love of Pakistan the greatest rogue state in history is not shared by any sane westerner.
LOL and now the personal attacks begin. When you're pushed into a corner by your lack of knowledge come out punching with childish name calling, classy,

Do you know what the difference is between you and i? I'm neutral and able to comprehend the various possibilities within your culture with an open mind while you're blinded by your faith and love for your nation which makes you unable to see the obvious. Pakistan the "greatest rogue state in history" you say, no sir that would be Somalia, blinded by your 'faith' (read hatred) once again.

I've read enough and seen enough to make up my mind about the caste system, maybe you should step out of your bubble and see things the way things really are. If you don't like the fact that the 'reincarnation' of god 'Krishna' has seemingly created a caste system, all be it a slightly different one that's in effect today fine just don't write it off as hogwash just because you don't like it.

By the way i never said i 'loved' Pakistan, as a country i prefer India out of the two, it doesn't change the fact that Kashmir should be part of Pakistan and not India and that's a view held by some Indians not to mention the others in the rest of the world. How do i know this? I've spoken to people, how many 'westerners' have you talked to about the subject?

Your love of Pakistan the greatest rogue state in history is not shared by any sane westerner.

Winner of the most ignorant statement of the year award, congratulations.