Are people basically good?

Are people basically good?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Aug 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Is you memory leaking? Has not Rajk, ToO and myself not provided enough reference? So I'm not going to re-reference scripture for you here, I'll just keep it simple.

Because I say so . 🙂
So the answer is no, you have nothing to back it up.

Hmmmmm, no kidding.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Aug 18

Originally posted by @ragwort
This is interesting. Do you give any credence to the theory that Paul was some sort of under cover agent of the Pharisees sent to discredit the message of Jesus?
Never heard that one.

Whose theory is it?

Why would anyone give credence to it? Sounds like the ravings of an atheist.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Aug 18

With all due respect I really dont give a crap what you think right now. Specific about what?

Beacon of truth? I whole-heartedly invite any and all posters to investigate any of my suggestions vigorously.
I believe Ghost has been hounding my posts relentlessly for a while now.
As I remember this is what he came up with so far: that I sometime ...[text shortened]... s ad nauseum .

In the absence of Jesus I would suggest you start to work it out for yourself
Fluff and zero substance.

But it's all we can expect at this point.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
God created it. I don’t believe the creation story.
Oops meant to say I don’t believe in a Creation metaphor!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
So the answer is no, you have nothing to back it up.

Hmmmmm, no kidding.
No the answer is the answer I gave. It's not my fault you guys have the memory of a goldfish

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Aug 18
5 edits

Never heard that one.

Whose theory is it?

You aint heard much apparently. More to the point it is apparent you haven't listened to other povs.
The fear bubble you and your kind live in is representative of the greater apathy in the greater society.

Whose theory is it? What does it matter?

The reason you ask 'whose' is so you can have SOMEONE to attack, not something to debate.
You are a blight on the LORD's radar. It is you throwing your thumbs down around on the basis of who and not what is being posted.

Very unspiritual

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Aug 18

Shhesh woman/ Be gone with you!! Where have you ever given substance??

Hypocrite!!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Aug 18
2 edits

The misfits can follow the weak who like to attack others to the Isle of Misfit Toys with their queen.
Those who follow their hearts diligently and peacefully will find their way to the Lord.
there is no other place to goto after their time on this Earth.

Go in peace.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Aug 18

Shhesh woman/ Be gone with you!! Where have you ever given substance??

Hypocrite!!
You are saying this to someone else?
You can’t even backup claims you made about wrong doing. You offer your opinions as if you have knowledge that is greater than scripture.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Aug 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
You are saying this to someone else?
You can’t even backup claims you made about wrong doing. You offer your opinions as if you have knowledge that is greater than scripture.
Nothing is greater than scripture interpreted properly.

Why do you keep refuting me? Look it up. Look up the thread on 'clarity' and the verses I put there. Let me know what you think.

Moves
24 Aug 18

I believe Ghost has been hounding my posts relentlessly for a while now.
As I remember this is what he came up with so far: that I sometimes swear and promote informed decisions regarding drug use as a blight on my forum posts.
I have no problems with this. As far as my other contentions about spirituality I welcome any inquiries.
But to say I l ...[text shortened]... s ad nauseum .

In the absence of Jesus I would suggest you start to work it out for yourself[/b]
You do not promote 'informed' decisions about the use of cannabis. (That's the point). You promote a highly biased and ill-informed glorification of the drug and play down any links to mental health psychosis.

And yes, you frequently flip-flop from a sanctimonious guru to a foul-mouthed chump.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Aug 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
You do not promote 'informed' decisions about the use of cannabis. (That's the point). You promote a highly biased and ill-informed glorification of the drug and play down any links to mental health psychosis.

And yes, you frequently flip-flop from a sanctimonious guru to a foul-mouthed chump.
Irpomote people to find out for themselves

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
24 Aug 18
1 edit

Never heard that one.

Whose theory is it?

Ravings they may be but not of atheists.

What is certain is that there are a number of (apparent) discrepancies between what Paul said and what Jesus preached, and that there were contentions between the Apostles and Paul over it. A particularly long list of them was made by the French philosopher Nicolas Boulanger in the 1700's.

Some of these discrepancies call into question Paul's honesty (and Luke's) and that has lead others to speculate on his motives. Some Judaism writers have argued that Paul was in love with a high priest's daughter but on being rebuffed converted to Christianity. Not finding favour with the fledgling christian groups based round the apostles he then went on a proselytizing ego trip round the middle east by way of revenge. Then there are other academics who have argued that the Romans recruited him to further their assimilation of a potentially dangerous religion. There was a coin found with markings that backs this theory apparently. As to the under cover pharisee theory this appears to be an updating of some of the ideas of Ahmadi Islamic sect who theorize that the orthodox Jews were losing supporters to Christianity and had Paul emphasize things that Jews would find offensive or blasphemous according to prophets and mosaic law such as being hung on a tree and being cursed as a way to put them off converting. The Ahmadi's also theorize that Jesus apparent resurrection was in fact a botched execution and that after a period of recovery and some "goodbyes" he left for India and lived out his days somewhere in Kashmir where his tomb has been identified - some 1800 years later. Take your pick!

Christian theologians have spent nearly 2000 years attempting to meld Christianity with "Paulianity" and sometimes the result looks like a scrapyard Ford Cortina with its wrong coloured doors and mismatched engine parts trying to get roadworthy. Who needs Satan eh?

I'll leave you with the words of Boulanger who I have read was a catholic although his wikipedia entry doesn't say so.

Let us then be careful, oh! my friends, of allowing ourselves to be guided by inspired persons. Deceivers, or enthusiasts, they will only lead us into errors destructive of our peace. Let us consult reason, so decried by men, whose interest it is to extinguish a light which is able to show us the plots of their dark policy, this reason will inform us that contradictory works do not merit our belief; that a turbulent, ambitious and enthusiastic Apostle, may have been a very useful Saint to the church, and a very bad citizen. This reason will convince us, that a God filled with wisdom could never inspire men with systems, in which folly is the most prominent feature; that a God who is the author of reason could never have called for its immolation, before the shrine of fable, and pretended mystery incapable of producing any thing but evil and dissension upon the earth. Let us be just, benevolent, peaceable, let us leave to St. Paul, and to those who take him for a model, their lofty ambition, their turbulent fanaticism, their obstinate vanity, their persecuting spirit, and above all things their bitter zeal, which they term an interest for the salvation of souls. Let us show to all men not an evangelic charity which is converted into fury and hatred, but a real charity which inspires us with love, peace, indulgence, and humanity. May this charity so much boasted of, and so little practised, by St. Paul and his successors, be the rule of our conduct, and the standard of our judgments on men and their opinions. Examine all things, and hold fast that which is good. Let us not be blinded by the prejudices, of infancy, of habit, or of authority. Let us not be imposed upon by the pompous names of Paul, of Cephas, or of Apollos; but let us seek the truth and follow reason, which can never lead astray, nor render us troublesome members of society.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Aug 18

Originally posted by @ragwort
Ravings they may be but not of atheists.

What is certain is that there are a number of (apparent) discrepancies between what Paul said and what Jesus preached, and that there were contentions between the Apostles and Paul over it. A particularly long list of them was made by the French philosopher Nicolas Boulanger in the 1700's.

Some of these discr ...[text shortened]... nd follow reason, which can never lead astray, nor render us troublesome members of society.[/i]
This information is truly new to me. I had heard about the post-crucifixion theories but it was my understanding they had been thoroughly debunked. Thank you for explaining further. You've given me enough to research further on my own.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Aug 18

No the answer is the answer I gave. It's not my fault you guys have the memory of a goldfish
My memory is fine.

Your house is built on sand.