Challenge I and you

Challenge I and you

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jul 18

Originally posted by @fmf
It's in part about the deeply personal insult that you like to repeat and that you repeated a few posts ago.
Don't bring it up I'll not repeat, if you want to talk about don't complain I respond.

F

Moves
28 Jul 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Don't bring it up I'll not repeat, if you want to talk about don't complain I respond.
You've repeated the personal insult on this... your own virtue signalling thread! You say you're a Christian, so you will know that the faith permeates everything: every experience, every aspect of life, my marriage, who I married, my family, the people I love, child raising, the work I do, where I chose to live, what I chose to do and why, everything.

You know all that because you are a Christian just as I used to be. So you know. And yet you've taken the step of using the debating tactic of branding me a liar about all those fudamental personal meaning of life things because I asked you a couple of questions you did not expect and did not like.

You do realize that your insult is much more gratuitous than sonship's suggestion that my beliefs are faeces and germs? You do realize that your insult is more gratuitous than robbie carrobie accusing me of being a paedophile? If you are a Christian whose faith permeates his life, you'll already know this.

Presumably your intent was to so poison the discourse that I would be stifled. But it hasn't worked.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jul 18

You've repeated the personal insult on this... your own virtue signalling thread! You say you're a Christian, so you will know that the faith permeates everything: every experience, every aspect of life, my marriage, who I married, my family, the people I love, child raising, the work I do, where I chose to live, what I chose to do and why, everything.

You ...[text shortened]... umably your intent was to so poison the discourse that I would be stifled. But it hasn't worked.
Me being a Christian has nothing to do with me branding you a liar. As I told you had you
claimed to be a pilot yet do not display the most common knowledge about the basics of
flying when the topics are brought up. I would have doubted your claims about being a
pilot just like I doubt your claims about to being a Christian for 30 years, your lack of the
most basics is mind blowing.

Choose what you want in life, not complaining about your life and how you live it.
I just have pause about some claims you made which I see no proof of.

I see you still want this thread to be about you.

F

Moves
28 Jul 18

Me being a Christian has nothing to do with me branding you a liar. As I told you had you
claimed to be a pilot yet do not display the most common knowledge about the basics of
flying when the topics are brought up. I would have doubted your claims about being a
pilot just like I doubt your claims about to being a Christian for 30 years, your lack of the
most basics is mind blowing.
I am an agnostic atheist. And you are a Christian who found a couple of questions about the basics of your faith mind blowing. And so you called me a liar and refused to answer those questions. I think this whole episode reflects poorly on you.

F

Moves
28 Jul 18

0Choose what you want in life, not complaining about your life and how you live it.
I just have pause about some claims you made which I see no proof of.
I am not complaining about my life. What on earth are you on about? I have no need to "prove" to you that I used to be a Christian. You've said so yourself. Nor is there any reason for you to bail out of conversations about your beliefs because you don't think I was ever a Christian. It's all made you seem very furtive these last couple of weeks.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jul 18

You ...[text shortened]... umably your intent was to so poison the discourse that I would be stifled. But it hasn't worked.
Oh, my Lord, the irony.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jul 18
1 edit

🙂 me me me, this has turned into a thread all about me me me.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
28 Jul 18

What I think you will find that when I speak about people as a whole, I make sure I always
include myself as having the same traits. I am no different than anyone else, which is why
we/I need a savior it isn't that I'm better, it is that we are all sinners and Jesus is trying to
save us. It sure isn't because my life has been perfect all along, even now ...[text shortened]... all revolves around God, not ourselves, to make it about ourselves loses the only hope we have.
always the same the same 'helpless sinner' doctrine. The same assertion that it all revolves around a Christian God ... the only hope we have etc.
Do you ever consider you may be mistaken?
That people may get to know the real message of spirituality/Christianity?

Because what you expose is the same tripe that has kept Man in the chains of ignorance for millenia

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
28 Jul 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Lacking a point doesn't normally prevent you from posting sir.

😛
you either

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
28 Jul 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
I would rather be a tourist to imbecility sir than a permanent resident.

(Your bricks were clearly laid on sand).
tourist

where's the substance Duke?
psssss!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
always the same the same 'helpless sinner' doctrine. The same assertion that it all revolves around a Christian God ... the only hope we have etc.
Do you ever consider you may be mistaken?
That people may get to know the real message of spirituality/Christianity?

Because what you expose is the same tripe that has kept Man in the chains of ignorance for millenia
Your enlightenment comes from what or where? The truth you share is it from your own beliefs about reality or is there something or someone else you go to?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
28 Jul 18

Your enlightenment comes from what or where? The truth you share is it from your own beliefs about reality or is there something or someone else you go to?
I live my own truth that I have suffered to acquire in my life.
The source of my convictions is one and the same as the source of all knowledge.
I dont rely on anyone for this to be true.

The likes of Ghost can come and take me out of context all they want. It's their loss.

You need to re-educate yourself about what the Christian spirit entails, imho

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jul 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
I live my own truth that I have suffered to acquire in my life.
The source of my convictions is one and the same as the source of all knowledge.
I dont rely on anyone for this to be true.

The likes of Ghost can come and take me out of context all they want. It's their loss.

You need to re-educate yourself about what the Christian spirit entails, imho
I am content walking with God, I lived the first 25 years of my life living just for myself. Now the last 37 as a Christian and God is the best part of my life, my sure foundation, my Lord and God.

He is faithful and true who has seen me through great times and horrible ones. I no longer look at finding something outside of myself to complete my life, I was lost and now I’m found as it has been said.

T

Moves
29 Jul 18
2 edits

I have, of course, spoken about my past beliefs here in some detail before over the years ~ I've even started threads about it ~ but I see such questions now as being a red herring and deflection.

I am not interested in some sort of ideological pissing contest about "true" Christianity and the doctrine and dogma attendant thereto.

robbie carrobie 'deduc ...[text shortened]... t and self-contradicting things that Christians say about reality; I am open and frank about it.
I have, of course, spoken about my past beliefs here in some detail before over the years ~ I've even started threads about it ~ but I see such questions now as being a red herring and deflection.

Good to see that you recognize that caveats need to be added to your original statement. Not all questions are germane to a given topic.

Now if you could help DG to be able to wrap his mind around that concept, you'd be doing this forum a service. He can be a bit slow.

F

Moves
29 Jul 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Good to see that you've added caveats to your original statement.
My original statement on this was probably about four or five years ago.