1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 16:57
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    The universe has always existed, in one form or another, time merely being a mortal construct.

And humanity came about as a result of evolution. Didn't you know?
    Wow I did not know that, uh how do you know that? 😉
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 17:121 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Wow I did not know that, uh how do you know that? 😉
    It came to me in a vision one evening, after consuming copious amounts of cheese and rhubarb wine.

Edit: To clarify, the cheese was gorgonzola.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 17:44
    It came to me in a vision one evening, after consuming copious amounts of cheese and rhubarb wine.

No surprise there.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 19:23
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    It happened and it is done 6 days was the length of time in scripture. Unlike evolution which is an on going process.

I find this more realistic than the accidental happenstance of getting all the micro and macro laws of the universe setup to form and maintain life over time, and we have not even addressed the grocery store of specific items required to ...[text shortened]... he correct place, at the right times, to be merged in the right order, and qualities, and so on!
    So for you it is not possible the creation thing, which science cannot refute as a theory, that god created the big bang, setting up the conditions where for instance, carbon is generated that allows a near infinite amount of different molecular combinations which is the basis for life on Earth, which would allow evolution to have a jump start, not possible in your world?
  5. Germany
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 21:12
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Do you think that scientists know the exact age of the universe for sure without a shadow of a doubt? Are you aware of all the unprovable presuppositions that have to be made?
    Which "unprovable presuppositions" are made while estimating the age of the Universe?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 21:34
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    The theory of evolution implies that humans and other complex organisms evolved from simple lifeforms, an implication corroborated by empirical evidence. This is obviously in contradiction with the Biblical account of the magical creation of complex lifeforms.
    The bible is an account of how humans were created by aliens by mixing their DNA with the apes on Earth at the time.

This is the lines along which we should be researching our origins. The truth has been hidden and obscured for so long that we have come to believe the obfuscations .

I think the main problem with me finding evidence to satisfy you will be the fact that the spiritual component(s) of humans cannot be detected by science.
    For example the kundalini, (the energy shaft that aligns the chakras) , will not show up on any physical radar. It can however be felt by anyone.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 23:58
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    The bible is an account of how humans were created by aliens by mixing their DNA with the apes on Earth at the time.

This is the lines along which we should be researching our origins. The truth has been hidden and obscured for so long that we have come to believe the obfuscations .

I think the main problem with me finding evidence to satisfy yo ...[text shortened]... aligns the chakras) , will not show up on any physical radar. It can however be felt by anyone.
    And yet you wonder why people think you're still doing drugs.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 00:28
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    So he is not allowed to voice his own religion?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 01:02
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    So for you it is not possible the creation thing, which science cannot refute as a theory, that god created the big bang, setting up the conditions where for instance, carbon is generated that allows a near infinite amount of different molecular combinations which is the basis for life on Earth, which would allow evolution to have a jump start, not possible in your world?
    Actually no for me the question is where did everything come from, the Big Bang doesn’t address that question at all. Everything depends upon that question, so all speculations about any theory you choose maybe a lot conjecture about a possible beginning that has nothing to do with how it all really started. Evolution with life isn’t part of that discussion, leaping to is just making more assumptions about things that might not have anything to do with reality as well.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 01:15

You robbed me of my cheese question. 🙁
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 02:13
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    So he is not allowed to voice his own religion?
    That's a religion?

The only ones I know whose 'religion' talks about 'aliens' is Scientology, and as you know, that's not a religion, either.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 02:39
    The only ones I know whose 'religion' talks about 'aliens' is Scientology, and as you know, that's not a religion, either.
    Oh really? You must have missed sonship going on and on and on and on about burning non-Christians being hung out on chains as a warning to aliens from other planets. You tackle karoly azcel on the issue of "aliens", but not sonship. No surprise there.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 05:26
    What has doing drugs got to do with it? The truth is the truth. Peoples personal lives should not come into it. You remain a grub in my book.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 06:12
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    What has doing drugs got to do with it? The truth is the truth. Peoples personal lives should not come into it. You remain a grub in my book.
    Is that the book where you claim you don't judge people?
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 06:321 edit
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Which "unprovable presuppositions" are made while estimating the age of the Universe?
    You do understand what the word ‘estimate’ means right?

How do you prove that the conditions we observe today for example the rate of expansion of the universe has always been the same in the past?

It is an assumption that cannot be proven.

Hence it is not an exact science.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree