1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 07:24
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    And I hope you believe in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection and accept Him into your heart later this year. I’ve prayed for that to happen and will continue to do so.
    I think instead of arguing with Rajk999, it would be good just to take that moment and ask for God's mercy on him to receive Christ.

My opinion would be that this would be a better thing to do.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 07:28
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I'm happy that God would have His desire, [b]"that all men be saved and come to the full knowledge of the truth." (1 Tim. 2:4) [/b]
    Yes i see that, but would you be happy if they came to genuinely know God but rejected the trinity interpretation of the godhead?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 07:41
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Yes i see that, but would you be happy if they came to genuinely know God but rejected the trinity interpretation of the godhead?
    No. I'm happier if people come to the full knowledge of the truth.

But a saved Unitarian Universalist is better than an unsaved one. People can actually meet the Lord Jesus Christ in spite of these groups rather than because of them.

Coming "to the full knowledge of the truth" is a process which is not on my time table. I know that God is very, very patient. And people who have been influenced by some wrong teaching (like Unitarian dismissal of the three-oneness of God) are allotted time to grow into a fuller knowledge of the truth.

The same would be true of a person saved, yet unduly influenced by Tri-theism, mistakenly having a notion of three Gods.

I'm happy if a believer could be eventually rescued from either extreme on either side of the matter of God's nature.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 07:55
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Hear hear!
    I hope you get your money back from that theology course you took and post something substantive in 2018. You retired as Head Troll in here quite a while ago but you’re still trolling like a young un. Do you regret stepping down as the SF’s Head Troll?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 08:00
    I hope you get your money back from that theology course you took and post something substantive in 2018. You retired as Head Troll in here quite a while ago but you’re still trolling like a young un. Do you regret stepping down as the SF’s Head Troll?
    Freud. Childhood regression, degree envy.

Seek help.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 08:02

Seek help.
    Envy you? Good grief. You really are wacko.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 08:06

Seek help.
    Are you claiming you have a degree in theology?!

So you have a degree in theology (allegedly) and didn’t know that God’s Holy Spirit indwells Christians, didn’t know the well-known verses where God says He will not leave or abandon His children, can’t identify how God showed mercy to Adam and Eve immediately after they sinned against Him. And you displayed all of that ignorance in just the last 24 hours.

Stunning.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 08:08
    Are you claiming you have a degree in theology?!

So you have a degree in theology (allegedly) and didn’t know that God’s Holy Spirit indwells Christians, didn’t know the well-known verses where God says He will not leave or abandon His children, can’t identify how God showed mercy to Adam and Eve immediately after they sinned against Him. And you displayed all of that ignorance in just the last 24 hours.

Stunning.
    I am not claiming to have a degree in theology. I 'have' a degree in theology.

What do you have?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 08:10

What do you have?
    How does one have a degree in theology and remain ignorant of the three things I mentioned?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 08:25

What do you have?
    I respect that you have some education in theology.
    I have no theological degrees and have never pursued any, except to have a little tutoring in NT Greek.

What is your education there?
    And did you get learned what you wanted to learn?
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 08:25
    How does one have a degree in theology and remain ignorant of the three things I mentioned?
    The ignorance was all yours. I am not accountable for your constant inability to understand what is being explained to you.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 08:28
    I have no theological degrees and have never pursued any, except to have a little tutoring in NT Greek.

Thanks. Send me a PM and I'll happily give you my full backstory. It's quite the ride. 🙂
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 08:33
    The ignorance was all yours. I am not accountable for your constant inability to understand what is being explained to you.
    You did not know the three things I mentioned. You claimed God was an “outside agent” in a Christian’s life, you claimed God abandons Christians and you have no idea how God showed mercy to Adam and Eve immediately after they sinned against Him.

Those are facts - uncomfortable facts for you, but facts nevertheless.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 11:05
    You did not know the three things I mentioned. You claimed God was an “outside agent” in a Christian’s life, you claimed God abandons Christians and you have no idea how God showed mercy to Adam and Eve immediately after they sinned against Him.

Those are facts - uncomfortable facts for you, but facts nevertheless.
    No, those are not facts.

Speaking as an atheist (which is all I can do) 'God' is an outside agent (and a fictional one at that). I accept that, as a Christian, you believe in an indwelling (internal). God, but, as an atheist I reject that as an actuality. - Secondly, I said a Christian like yourself would fall to pieces the moment they 'felt' abandoned by God or realised He did not exist. I did not say 'God abandons Christians' simply for the reason that I do not believe God is there to abandon anybody. Thirdly I have made no post regarding God showing mercy to Adam and Eve. Why? Because Adam and Eve are clearly fictional, with humanity evolving to where it is today, not originating in a magical garden with talking snakes.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 11:06

Thanks for the PM Sonship. Will reply later this afternoon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree