Hopes for this forum...

Hopes for this forum...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Apr 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I am asking one of your fellow Christians what he makes of you quoting Matthew 23:13-33 in defence of your behaviour on this forum.
You want someone to bail you out because you’re flailing and flopping around in an attempt to make a coherent argument and failing miserably.

Everyone knows what you’re doing.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Apr 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
My degree exists.
God doesn't.
You’ve got that exactly backwards.

God exists.

Your degree, as well as your claim that you supervise mental health professionals, are fabrications.

Instead, a team of psychiatrists oversees you, and they need to increase either your medication or the size of the team because you’re clearly not getting better.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
[b]You’ve got that exactly backwards.

God exists.

Your degree, as well as your claim that you supervise mental health professionals, are fabrications.
Sorry, but that is bordering on offensive. Banter aside, are you aware of the enormous effort required to complete a degree? Over the 3 years I had to complete 30 modules consisting of 28 exams, 28 written assignments, and a dissertation. Hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life.

If you don't want to talk seriously about my studies or profession then just don't talk about them. I have spoken openly about both during my time on this site without contradiction and will continue to do so when asked by people with genuine interest.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Apr 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Because of this forum, I have come to consider the atheist position to be a valid belief (or rather non-belief). Not valid meaning correct, mind you, just that throughout time humans have had differing concepts of "the way things are". I no longer believe that atheists just need to "learn the truth", or whatever passes for mainstream Christian thought th ...[text shortened]... st might be interested in the field, but I still welcome your insights on my original question.)
Firstly, no offense taken. Many people find it odd that an atheist would want to study theology. (And that 'very much' included my family). Sorry to take the 'odd factor' to an even higher level, but I entered my degree with the fiery intention of becoming a Religious Studies teacher (secondary level). My degree was to be followed up by a 1 year PGCE course (something I never completed, due to a sudden change of heart halfway through my studies). It may be an unsatisfactory answer to some, but I enjoyed the subject at A level and wanted to take my studies to a higher level. - If I had my time again, I probably would have chosen a more work-related subject, though a degree of any kind opens doors and I wouldn't be where I a today in life If hadn't attained it.

I don't know if you recall, but a couple of years ago, upon your request, I listed all the modules that I studied over the 3 years, and they ranged from moral philosophy, to Hinduism, to specific books of the OT. Diverse topics and lively discussions made it a very enjoyable course, despite (or perhaps even due to) my atheism.

I would have made a bad teacher. (Lack the required patience).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Apr 18
1 edit

Sorry, but that is bordering on offensive. Banter aside, are you aware of the enormous effort required to complete a degree? Over the 3 years I had to complete 30 modules consisting of 28 exams, 28 written assignments, and a dissertation. Hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life.

If you don't want to talk seriously about my studies or prof ...[text shortened]... ite without contradiction and will continue to do so when asked by people with genuine interest.
Bordering on offensive? I’m disappointed because I was going for straight-up offensive.

Don’t like it? Maybe you and your “impeccable morality” should treat people the way you want to be treated.

That said, I don’t believe for a second you have a degree in theology because your knowledge of the Bible, which is either the foundational text or accepted by all three major religions, is so inadequate.

And neither do I believe your claim that you supervise mental health professionals. The amount of time you spend on here and the way you behave in here - the false accusations, trolling, lying and personal attacks - reveals that to be a fabrication as well.

If I had to guess, I would say you’re unemployed, living off an inheritance or trust fund, and under the care of a psychiatrist (or team of psychiatrists) for anti-social personality disorder.

From the Mayo Clinic:

“Antisocial personality disorder, sometimes called sociopathy, is a mental condition in which a person consistently shows no regard for right and wrong and ignores the rights and feelings of others. People with antisocial personality disorder tend to antagonize, manipulate or treat others harshly or with callous indifference. They show no guilt or remorse for their behavior.”

Sound familiar, troll?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Apr 18

Bordering on offensive? I’m disappointed because I was going for straight-up offensive.

Don’t like it? Maybe you and your “impeccable morality” should treat people the way you want to be treated.

That said, I don’t believe for a second you have a degree in theology because your knowledge of the Bible, which is either the foundational text or accept ...[text shortened]... llous indifference. They show no guilt or remorse for their behavior.”

Sound familiar, troll?
How Christian of you.

Praise the Lord.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Apr 18

Firstly, no offense taken. Many people find it odd that an atheist would want to study theology. (And that 'very much' included my family). Sorry to take the 'odd factor' to an even higher level, but I entered my degree with the fiery intention of becoming a Religious Studies teacher (secondary level). My degree was to be followed up by a 1 year PGC ...[text shortened]... haps even due to) my atheism.

I would have made a bad teacher. (Lack the required patience).
You have a very active imagination and rich fantasy life. Tell us about your module on the “talking snake” in Genesis.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Apr 18

How Christian of you.

Praise the Lord.
Yes, indeed. The Golden Rule is alive and well. Somebody’s gotta teach you manners. They let you off the choke collar much too often these days.

I realize your condition is incurable but there’s always hope for improvement.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Apr 18

You have a very active imagination and rich fantasy life. Tell us about your module on the “talking snake” in Genesis.
Please be quiet. I was answering a genuine question from another poster.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Apr 18

Please be quiet. I was answering a genuine question from another poster.
Tell us about the “talking snake” in Genesis.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Apr 18
1 edit

Do you think this is nasty?

“But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devo rpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?”

(Matthew 23:13-33)
I see you are justifying your verbal diarrhoea of puerile teen-chat by once again comparing yourself and your words to the words of Jesus.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Apr 18

Originally posted by @fmf
divegeester, take a look at the exchanges on the previous page. By quoting Matthew 23:13-33 is Romans1009 actually trying to draw some sort of parallel between himself and Jesus Christ in order to justify his behaviour these past 24 hours? What do you think?
It’s the third time at least that I’ve seen him doing this; it’s a revealing insight into the vain man-child within.

F

Moves
23 Apr 18
2 edits

That said, I don’t believe for a second you have a degree in theology because your knowledge of the Bible, which is either the foundational text or accept ...[text shortened]... llous indifference. They show no guilt or remorse for their behavior.”

Sound familiar, troll?
dj2becker, look at what Romans1009 is asserting about Ghost of a Duke. According to your definition of a "lie", if Romans1009 is mistaken about Ghost of a Duke's education, his job, and about him having 'antisocial personality disorder, would Romans1009 be "lying" about Ghost of a Duke ?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
23 Apr 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
What are your hopes for this forum for the remainder of this year?
More pagan. This is our planet.

F

Moves
23 Apr 18

Sound familiar, troll?
Romans1009,

“.... a person consistently shows no regard for right and wrong and ignores the rights and feelings of others. [...] [They] tend to antagonize, manipulate or treat others harshly or with callous indifference. They show no guilt or remorse for their behavior.”

Could any of this be justifiably said to apply to you and the way you behave here?