1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 20:401 edit
    It will soon be May 2018 and springtime will be fully upon us in the Northern hemisphere, and....err... whatever it is for Wolfgang59 in NZ.

What are your hopes for this forum for the remainder of this year?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 21:30
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    It will soon be May 2018 and springtime will be fully upon us in the Northern hemisphere, and....err... whatever it is for Wolfgang59 in NZ.

That more readers would come to know the Triune God.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 21:55
    It'd be good if some Jews, Hindus and Muslims joined the community ~ or some ex-religionists from those faiths too ~ and it would be good if we had some Deists too. I can't imagine it happening though.
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 23:29
    I would also love to get a Jewish person who was either a devout Jew or from a devout Jewish background. There's a lot of depth to this.

I've just met a lot of cradle secularist Jewish persons, though, who have not much significant exposure to their religious heritage, but only a passing familiarity that has come with the culture.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 23:31
    i guess I would hope that there would be less constant ad hom.

And I always say this... It is very ironic that this forum has the most stringent requirements for swearing that I have seen via its filter, and also has no images being posted for triggering people, etc., yet we are in a situation where everyone here is at each other's throats (and this applies to the Debate forum -- perhaps even moreso than here in some regards).
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 00:282 edits
    May it continue to refract and reflect the personalities and beliefs and other aspects of its posters. This is not a difficult hope to fulfill.

As Lester Maddox once said when asked how the prisons of Georgia could be improved, “We need a better class of prisoner.” This may be more difficult.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 00:30
    Originally posted by @js357
    May it continue to refract and reflect the personalities and beliefs and other aspects of its posters. This is not a difficult hope to fulfill.

As Lester Maddox once said when asked how the prisons of Georgia could be improved, “we need a better class of prisoner.” This may be more difficult.
    Hilarious.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 01:32

I hope you continue to be the joyful, peanut butter-loving scamp you’ve always been.

But I also hope you cut down on your drinking. All those pints of ale, night after night, aren’t good on a third-grader’s tummy.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 02:06
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I hope you continue to be the joyful, peanut butter-loving scamp you’ve always been.

But I also hope you cut down on your drinking. All those pints of ale, night after night, aren’t good on a third-grader’s tummy.
    I hope that somewhere in 2018 you grow up and stop this infantile posting.
    I know it aint happening, you are a grown man already so its too late for that.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 02:30

More of the same. Some variety as FMF suggested would be good.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 02:41
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    And I hope you believe in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection and accept Him into your heart later this year. I’ve prayed for that to happen and will continue to do so.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 04:35
    Originally posted by @sonship
    That more readers would come to know the Triune God.
    Would you be happy if they came to genuinely know God but rejected the trinity interpretation?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 05:04
    Would you be happy if they came to genuinely know God but rejected the trinity interpretation?
    Are you saying rejected that Jesus Christ was/is God or rejected that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit are distinct?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 07:03
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Hear hear!
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 07:19
    I'm happy that God would have His desire, "that all men be saved and come to the full knowledge of the truth." (1 Tim. 2:4)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree