Matthew 7:21-23

Matthew 7:21-23

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
11 Jun 15

Originally posted by josephw
What you say makes sense too. I think the reason for longevity during the millennium will be due largely to better health as a result of the proliferation of the knowledge of God.

Every aspect of life as we know it today will be effected by the very presence of Jesus Christ in the world for a thousand years. Peace will reign. Can't wait to see it! 🙂
Well, we both might live long enough to see it begin. But even if we are alive at the beginning of this period of time our own expected lifespans probably won't change much. I'm not likely to reach a hundred years of age whether I see the beginning of this last millennium or not.

A two year old or a teenager would have a better shot at getting passed the hundred year mark. Maybe even make it up to 140 or more. But for old farts like us, I doubt it. But that's okay with me... I'm getting tired of how things are right now and could use the rest.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
11 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
What one has to understand is that the [b]main contributing factor is the maturing of all the sons of God.

It is the maturity of the sons of God in being conformed to the image of Christ that is the drive shaft driving the whole environmental system.

This may be non-intuitive. But it is the partial recovery of creation because it is y ...[text shortened]... God's children still, by that time, need to grow in the divine life to maturity and building up.[/b]
Ah well, you know how kids are... what can you do? But can you imagine trying to get your 120 year old kid to cut the grass and take out the garbage without them complaining about it?

This reminds me of when some ancient skulls were found and examined. The scientists didn't know what to make of their own examination, because they saw definite indications of very slow maturation... it appears they didn't become adults until about the age of 40.