Matthew 7:21-23

Matthew 7:21-23

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
Wow. Thank you Suzianne. I appreciate the time and effort you took with your response.

I have admittedly been posting with a frustrated and angry tone, and reading your reply has at least calmed that. I will take the time and reflect on what you wrote.
Fair enough! ๐Ÿ™‚

I pray that we all find wisdom to place our love and trust in God, so that he may lead us to understanding, and maybe a little personal peace on the way.

"... I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." -- John 10:10, KJV

This is the entire point. Life, not death. And a more abundant life, at that. ๐Ÿ™‚

Edit: Sure, bring it on! Send me a game at your convenience.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Jun 15
1 edit

I'm not sure what the problem is with understanding the trinity. We don't see the word 'trinity' in scripture, but this doesn't mean the concept isn't clearly presented and understood.

John 1:1-18English Standard Version (ESV)

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1%3A1-18&version=ESV

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Jun 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
I'm not sure what the problem is with understanding the trinity. We don't see the word 'trinity' in scripture, but this doesn't mean the concept isn't clearly presented and understood.

John 1:1-18English Standard Version (ESV)
A little empathy goes a long way, though.

I don't imagine that those who say they have a problem understanding it are lying.

c

Moves
05 Jun 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Fair enough! ๐Ÿ™‚

I pray that we all find wisdom to place our love and trust in God, so that he may lead us to understanding, and maybe a little personal peace on the way.

"... I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." -- John 10:10, KJV

This is the entire point. Life, not death. And a more abundant life, at that. ๐Ÿ™‚

Edit: Sure, bring it on! Send me a game at your convenience.
Suzianne.....would you mind starting the game??? It is a 'redemptive' game. Thank you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Jun 15

Suzianne.....would you mind starting the game??? It is a 'redemptive' game. Thank you.
Not sure what you mean by a 'redemptive' game, but sure, I can do that.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Jun 15
1 edit

A little empathy goes a long way, though.

I don't imagine that those who say they have a problem understanding it are lying.
I don't mean to imply anyone is lying. I can see how someone might think 'the Word' could mean the holy Spirit, but that first passage from the book of John is not referring to the holy Spirit.

The Spirit is a force as well as an entity, but interestingly is not given an identifying name such as 'Father' or 'Son'. But the fact that it can be offended is significant in that an offense to the Father and Son can be forgiven, but offending the Spirit cannot.

Some religious leaders were saying Jesus was able to heal through the power of Satan, and Jesus warned (not condemned, but warned) them that offending the Spirit would not be forgiven in this life or the next. So it seems obvious to me that attributing the works of Satan to the Spirit is an unforgivable offense, and it's equally obvious that the Spirit is more than just a force. A force which is simply a force and nothing else cannot be offended... but a sentient force can.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jun 15
1 edit

Oneness can exist among Christian brothers.....that is merely for those brothers who believe the same thing.

Are you cynical?
The time for oneness is in this age. It is not postponed to some other age. So there is no cause to be cynical.

Christ is a living Person, the Head of the Body. And Paul told us to hold fast the Head. That is not doctrinal agreement on every conceivable miniscule detail. Oneness comes out of living in the realm of this living Person.

I am finding that when I ask a question on this forum.....NOT one person seems to give a direct answer. Everybody replies with even further 'parables'.

I am not concerned about getting you, as soon as possible, being conversant on the Trinity. This may be a demand that you are putting on yourself.

Now I have to suspend fellowship for a moment.

rc

Moves
05 Jun 15

You may know the words, but you do not understand.

Matthew 13:17 leaps to mind here.
yeah faircakes, whatever you say it must be true.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Jun 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Michael is an archangel, tell us what that is to see if we can discern whether Jesus claims to be one or not.
Tell us where Jesus claims to be this individual robbie. You can't, because he doesn't.

rc

Moves
05 Jun 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Tell us where Jesus claims to be this individual robbie. You can't, because he doesn't.
What's an archangel divesgeester, you were asked yesterday, have you done no research yet? Have you been caught using terms that you don't understand again?

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Jun 15

What's an archangel divesgeester, you were asked yesterday, have you done no research yet? Have you been caught using terms that you don't understand again?
I don't care what an Archangel is. Why don't you address the subject instead of trying to change it.

You are demanding evidence of where Jesus claimed he is god to support your claim that he is not god. In response I am asking you to show where Jesus said he was the Archangel Michael which you claim he is.

rc

Moves
05 Jun 15

[If i examined your posts FMF what content would I find? would they be informative? amusing? educational? or empty and devoid of both substance and reason? Why don't you address the subject instead of trying to change it.

You are demanding evidence of where Jesus claimed he is god to support your claim that he is not god. In response I am asking you to show where Jesus said he was the Archangel Michael which you claim he is.[/b]
you don't care then I have nothing more to say, sorry but i have better things to do than remonstrate with the wilfully ignorant.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Jun 15

you don't care then I have nothing more to say, sorry but i have better things to do than remonstrate with the wilfully ignorant.
Question: Where does Jesus claim to be the Archangel Michael robbie?

Answer: He doesn't.

Consequence: desist using the challenge "where does Jesus claim that he is God?"

๐Ÿ˜€

rc

Moves
05 Jun 15

Question: Where does Jesus claim to be the Archangel Michael robbie?

Answer: He doesn't.

Consequence: desist using the challenge "where does Jesus claim that he is God?"

๐Ÿ˜€
how do you know he doesn't if you don't know what an archangel is? and don't care?

conclusion : use terms that you know and understand or do research it may save you from looking so wilfully ignorant.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Jun 15

how do you know he doesn't if you don't know what an archangel is? and don't care?.
Because Jesus never claimed to be this individual, as you well know. My caring or not caring what an Archangel is, is irrelevant.