Matthew 7:21-23

Matthew 7:21-23

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Tell us where Jesus claims that he is God.
Robbie's further challenge after presumably rejecting the comparison of Isaiah 44:6 to Revelation 1:17.

When someone asks "Show me where Jesus says specfically He is God " understand that it is always possible to object on the exact words "I am God" were not provided.

The same could be said for the demand to prove Jesus said "Worship Me." It is a kind of goal moving trick.

Here we see Christ claiming what definitely amounts to Him saying He is the God of the Old Testament come as a man. And interestingly it is not in the Gospel of John where the Apostle is burdened to present the Logos as God become flesh.

" Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I desired to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not!" (Matthew 23:37)

It should be assumed that this protective gathering is not during the 33 years of His earthly life but refers to the years of the past in of the Old Testament time.

It was always God Himself who cared for Jerusalem or the Isralites, as a bird flutters over her young:

IE.

Isaiah 31:5 - "Like flying birds So Jehovah of hosts will protect Jerusalem; He will protect and deliver it; He will pass over and rescue it."

Deut. 32:11,12 - "As the eagle rouses his nest, Hovers over his young, Spreads his wings, takes them, And bears them up upon his pinions; So Jehovah alone led him, And there was no strange god with Him."

For the Lord Jesus to say "I desired to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her brood under her wings," indicated that He was Jehovah God Himself.

c

Moves
04 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
Robbie's further challenge after presumably rejecting the comparison of [b]Isaiah 44:6 to Revelation 1:17.

When someone asks "Show me where Jesus says specfically He is God " understand that it is always possible to object on the exact words "I am God" were not provided.

The same could be said for the demand to prove Jesus said "Wo ...[text shortened]... he way a hen gathers her brood under her wings," [/b] indicated that He was Jehovah God Himself.[/b]
Sonship.......I have been silent for a few days.....but, I have a very sincere question for you. Is it possible for someone like myself to worship God/Jesus/Holy Spirit.....without EVER fully being able to understand the Triune God/Trinity/Godhead??? I agree that faith must be involved here....but, how is a human being really supposed to be able to FULLY understand God?? You can quote scripture from the Bible all day long, but doesn't it come down to BELIEVING without EVER really understanding???

I am beginning to think that I will never understand completely....but, I have a sincere desire to move forward. My personal brain does not seem capable of understanding that God Himself became a human man in the form of Jesus Christ. The fact that a human being cannot be 3 entities at the SAME time is cause for my brain having severe difficulty with this. With all of that said.....can YOU say that you understand this doctrine FULLY, without any problems at all??

rc

Moves
04 Jun 15
4 edits

Robbie's further challenge after presumably rejecting the comparison of [b]Isaiah 44:6 to Revelation 1:17.

The same could be said for the demand to prove Jesus said "Wo ...[text shortened]... he way a hen gathers her brood under her wings," [/b] indicated that He was Jehovah God Himself.[/b]
For the Lord Jesus to say "I desired to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her brood under her wings," indicated that He was Jehovah God Himself. - jaywill

This is typical of the kind of absolute balderdash that you post. The scripture mentions not a single iota of Jesus claiming that he was God and you presumptuously and arrogantly expect us to believe your propaganda. Not only are you imposing your will on scripture as if you have some kind of importance in relation to Gods word, you are talking absolute nonsense, do you understand, I cannot emphasise this enough, you are blabbering, slobbering and drooling in a pool of unadulterated pure hyper concentrated frilly pantaloons.

I reject all of your paganism, idolatry, arrogance, presumptuousness and propaganda! every last vestige of it. There is not a single Biblical reference where Jesus claims that he is God and you despite being asked cannot produce any because its not in the Bible.

Here is the verse before you arrogantly and presumptuously took it out of context and subjected it to your propaganda and pagan bias, from the parallel account of Luke,

He replied, “Go tell that fox, ‘I will keep on driving out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.’ In any case, I must press on today and tomorrow and the next day—for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem!

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. - NIV

What is it that Jesus actually claims? That he is a prophet! That he is coming in the name of the Father. Does he claim anywhere that he is God? Noooo but Jaywill wants you to believe him rather than the simple Biblical truths that are self evident from reading the verse in context.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 15
2 edits

" Jesus answered and said to them, Do not murmur among yourselves. No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him..." (John 6:43,44a)

How I humbly thank God that He granted me to drawn and have an ability to believe into Christ.

rc

Moves
04 Jun 15
1 edit

[b]" Jesus answered and said to them, Do not murmur among yourselves. No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him..." (John 6:43,44a)

How I humbly thank God that He granted me the ability to believe into Christ.[/b]
Yes James also pointed out the Daemons also believe.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that - James 2:19

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 15

Yes James also pointed out the Daemons also believe.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that - James 2:19
Apparently Robbie does not understand the significance of believing INTO Christ.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Jun 15

you on the other hand have claimed that Jesus is God, therefore where did Jesus claim that he is God, if he did not, have you simply made it up that he is?
Where did Jesus claim he was the archangel Micheal?

rc

Moves
04 Jun 15
3 edits

Apparently Robbie does not understand the significance of believing [b]INTO Christ.[/b]
What about the verse that you posted? Jesus does claim that he is a prophet does he not? Where does he claim in the verse that he is God as you have asserted? Is it possible to be God incarnate and also a prophet that is destined to die? Did anyone see Jesus? Yes and yet its not possible to see God and live though is it. Nothing you say is true or makes sense. Colossians 1:15 tells us that Jesus is part of the creation, you say that he is not. Who are we to believe , you or the Bible? Jesus claims that he is a prophet, you claim that he is God. Who are we to believe, you or the Bible?

rc

Moves
04 Jun 15
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Where did Jesus claim he was the archangel Micheal?
Can you tell us what an archangel is so that we can discern whether Jesus or the Bible makes a claim that he is one or not?

rc

Moves
04 Jun 15
4 edits

Apparently Robbie does not understand the significance of believing [b]INTO Christ.[/b]
Revelation 3:14

“To the angel of the congregation in Laodicea write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God. - Revelation 3:14

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. Col 1:15

Jehovah himself produced me as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago. Proverbs 8

Can Jaywill or any of the other idolaters explain these verses?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 15

This reply is meant for those who are interested in how I would respond.

What about the verse that you posted? Jesus does claim that he is a prophet does he not?

Christ is called the Prophet prophesied to come

Acts 7:37 - This is the Moses, who said to the sons of Israel, "A Prophet will God raise up unto you from your brothers, like me."

Christ is unsearchably rich. And one of His many functions is that of that coming Prophet.

Where does he claim in the verse that he is God as you have asserted?

It was provided recently and over the past years many times. No one can come to the Son unless the Father draws him. There is no use for the unbeliever to murmur.

Is it possible to be God incarnate and also a prophet that is destined to die?

Christ is unsearchably rich. And another precious part of His ministry, a main one, is that He is the Redeemer who died and rose.

" For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.

No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have the authority to lay it down, and I have the authority to take it again. This commandment I received from My Father." (John 10:17,18)

This is the Christian faith - The Father and the Son are God.

" .. our God and Savior, Jesus Christ " (2 Peter 1:1)

" ... our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" ( 2 Peter 1:11)

" ... our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" ( Titus 2:13)

Footnote in the Recovery Version on 2 Peter 1:1
Jesus Christ is both our God and our Savior. This indicates that Jesus Christ is God being our Savior. He is the very God whom we worship, and He became our Savior to save us. At Peter's time this designated the believers in Christ and separated them from the Jews, who did not believe that Jesus Christ was God, and from the Romans, who believed that Caesar, not Jesus Christ, was God."

The restating of a false charge from Robbie follows.

Colossians 1:15 tells us that Jesus is part of the creation, you say that he is not. Who are we to believe , you or the Bible? Jesus claims that he is a prophet, you claim that he is God. Who are we to believe, you or the Bible?

Jesus is both God and a part of creation because He is a man.
Jesus is the mingling of God and man.

No one can come to the Son unless he is drawn by the Father. I thank God that the Father gave me the drawing and opened my eyes to see that Jesus is my Savior God.

The Triune God is the truth and we Christians are in Him who is true: in His Son - This is the true God and eternal life.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jun 15

more emptiness.
We put up with you anyways.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jun 15

No because that is irrelevant to the claim being discussed here that being that Jesus is God. Its simply another one of your rather plastic and vain attempts at deflection for which you are rather well known. I have provided the basis that Jesus is part of the creation, Colossians 1:15 states of Jesus that he is ' the first-born of all creation', if ...[text shortened]... t to the issue instead of your disreputable and dishonest attempts to deflect then please do so.
You've been taken to school on this very verse before. That you refuse to learn or even be swayed by reason is not our problem. That your bizarro dogma doesn't allow it is not our problem.

You're the one with the weird dogma. I sign the petition to get you to explain yourself.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jun 15

More irrelevancy and attempted deflection - drop kicked into touch and its not my claim, it is a teaching of Jehovah witnesses. I did not author it and it is therefore not my claim.
If you believe it and preach it to others, it is, indeed, your claim.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jun 15
1 edit

you on the other hand have claimed that Jesus is God, therefore where did Jesus claim that he is God, if he did not, have you simply made it up that he is?
Did you not read sonship's post talking about Rev. 1:17-18?

Or does that (conveniently) say something different in your Bible?

Please keep up, Robbie.