1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The "relevant bit" here is putting blame where blame belongs.

Edit: Or would you be one to defend this man with the argument that "God willed it to happen" and therefore this man is innocent?
    There is no god, so no, I would never say "God willed it to happen".

You on the other hand are saying "God allowed it to happen", yes?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:37
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/18/world/americas/colombia-bus-fire/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

(CNN) -- A bus packed with [b]children
    burst into flames in Colombia on Sunday, killing at least 32 people, officials said.
    The bus was picking up children from an event at a church in Fundacion, Colombia, when the blaze began, Col. Adan Le ...[text shortened]... victims.
    "The country is in mourning," he said.

God likes a bit of irony, doesn't he?[/b]
    Is this where you're going ?

"Bad things happen. So I don't have to believe in God.

Bad things happen to religious people. So now I really don't have to believe in God."
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:40
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Good things in life = from god

Bad things in life = Man's fault

I get it.
    News Flash: This is just as valid (even more so, actually) as your idea that:

Good things in life = from Man

Bad things in life = God's fault

When I hold an opinion that is exactly like yours, but opposite, you can't exactly call my opinion out without calling your own out.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:41
    Originally posted by sonship

Bad things happen to religious people. So now I really don't have to believe in God."
    That was pretty much the entire point of it, yes.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:44
    God likes a bit of irony, doesn't he?
    You mean the God that you don't believe in? That God?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:461 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    We are assured by some here that our "sin nature" is passed on to us through sperm.
    You got it from somewhere. Wherever or however it came. You have it. I have it.

I've experience victory over it through the indwelling grace of Jesus Christ.
    I know the overcoming power is not coming from me alone. So the overcoming surely urges me that I am on the right track to believe all that the New Testament teaches about the overcoming grace of Christ.

How it is passed on may not be completely understood by many.
    But how through Christ we can overcome is within our reach to enjoy.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:48

No, I don't believe/feel/think that a god exists. Goods thing happening, bad things happening, all of that is irrelevant to my lack of belief.

I don't see where you would get that idea from, honestly.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:511 edit
    News Flash: This is just as valid (even more so, actually) as your idea that:

Bad things in life = God's fault

When I hold an opinion that is exactly like yours, but opposite, you can't exactly call my opinion out without calling your own out.
    Uhm, how about:

Bad things in life = from Man

(Or, rather, "Good things in life = que sera, sera", "Bad things in life = que sera sera" )
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:51
    You got it from somewhere. Wherever or however it came. You have it. I have it.

I've experience victory over it through the indwelling grace of Jesus Christ.
    I know the overcoming power is not coming from me alone. So the overcoming surely urges me that I am on the right track to believe all that the New Testaments says about the overcoming grace of ...[text shortened]... tely understood by many.
    But how through Christ we can overcome is within our reach to enjoy.
    So the 31 children were sinners, we know that ~ because of the sperm thing ~ and, for all we know, their horrible deaths may well have been the meting out of "justice" on the part of your God figure ~ regardless of whether the children or their parents had "the indwelling grace of Jesus Christ" thing, which you have got, right?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:52
    Here is the difference. You see this as an evil act (or failure to act) by God.
    No I don't. Not at all. I am pointing out the sheer incoherence of your beliefs.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:52
    You mean the God that you don't believe in? That God?
    No, actually I mean the god that you do believe in. And love, and worship.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:54
    If you are wanting to twist my encouragement to be thankful to God into a sadism which gloats at human tragedy, then you may just show desperation to slander the faith.
    Do you or don't you thank your God figure for what happened, just in case it was His will that it should happen?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:56
    I encouraged a poster that because of good fortunes coming to him after he sought prayer for himself, he could be thankful to God. So it appears that you wish to twist this into some useful slander against the Christian's faith and thankfulness in this thread.
    Do you think God may have intervened to help vivify and that vivify should be thankful for it?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:59
    I would have thanked the persons directly responsible for saving them. Risking one's life for others is a higher calling in itself. Then later, in private, I probably would have thanked God for sending angels, yes.

Here is the difference. You see this as an evil act (or failure to act) by God. I do not believe that is possible, God cannot be evil. T ...[text shortened]... so many children died this time. But I'd save any fault in this for the man who was negligent.
    You "would have thanked the persons directly responsible for saving the children". So, just to be clear, if the 31 of them had somehow been rescued alive from the wreck, would you NOT have thanked God?

Do you think vivify is right to thank God for whatever good thing happened to him, as sonship suggests he should?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:01
    No, I don't believe/feel/think that a god exists. Goods thing happening, bad things happening, all of that is irrelevant to my lack of belief.

I don't see where you would get that idea from, honestly.
    Because the only thing such a post would serve is your idea that you made the right choice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree