"Meh, not my fault."

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infidel

Moves
19 May 14

Originally posted by RBHILL
You should've put this under what would make God imperfect. :'( Sad reminds me of the story of Job. About a year ago a bridal party burned in their limousine on the bay bridge that was sad too just as sad as this. It doesn't have to be just children it could be anyone of any age.
The best way to deal with that sadness is to worship the very being that allowed it to happen.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 May 14

You should've put this under what would make God imperfect. :'( Sad reminds me of the story of Job. About a year ago a bridal party burned in their limousine on the bay bridge that was sad too just as sad as this. It doesn't have to be just children it could be anyone of any age.
Don't encourage him.

Even tragedies like this do not make God imperfect.

It's always our imperfect ideas about God that render God to seem imperfect. And that misses the point as usual.

Infidel

Moves
19 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Sigh. /eyeroll

1. I very seriously doubt that. That's not what God is about.

2. God wouldn't do that. That's ridiculous.

3. God wouldn't do that either. So that's not what happened.

4. No. Because that is not love. You're twisting the entire thing into what YOU want it to mean.

5. No. Again, you are using this as yet another soapbox to ...[text shortened]... ow can you possibly sit here and concoct outrageous lies about God to "prove" your point?
5) If firefighters arrive at the scene and then procede to have casual conversations with each other as the children are screaming to get out, do you think they are at fault?

6) I don't have to concoct anything. I have the real life situation as was described in the OP.
And no, I don't believe in god. But billions of people do. And all those people accept that a being capable of stopping tragedies such as these but then doesn't, should not be criticised and should in fact be loved and worshipped.

And that is scary.

rc

Moves
19 May 14

Originally posted by Great King Rat
I find that loving a being who allows children to burn up to be very distasteful.

We all have different standards, eh?

"Arguing on a message board"

or

"Letting children burn to death"
you could have explored the theme of why does God allow suffering rationally but instead have stooped to using a tragedy concerning children as a prop to beat up Christians, thats pretty despicable if I am honest.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 May 14

This is the best thing you've ever typed from your mind!
Yes, for once I find nothing disagreeable about his post.

And not just because I'm the one getting beaten up here.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 May 14

5) If firefighters arrive at the scene and then procede to have casual conversations with each other as the children are screaming to get out, do you think they are at fault?
Of course!

Putting man and God on the same scale of justice is ridiculous.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
19 May 14

Don't encourage him.

Even tragedies like this do not make God imperfect.

It's always our imperfect ideas about God that render God to seem imperfect. And that misses the point as usual.
For example what if it brings a lost aunt, uncle or cousin or even a friend to crying out to God to save them, to come to know him in a personal way.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 May 14

The best way to deal with that sadness is to worship the very being that allowed it to happen.
You're pretty free with the word "allowed" when you don't even believe in God to begin with.

Infidel

Moves
19 May 14

This is the best thing you've ever typed from your mind!
Which is saying something!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 May 14

For example what if it brings a lost aunt, uncle or cousin or even a friend to crying out to God to save them, to come to know him in a personal way.
Man cannot judge God, period.

Infidel

Moves
19 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you could have explored the theme of why does God allow suffering rationally but instead have stooped to using a tragedy concerning children as a prop to beat up Christians, thats pretty despicable if I am honest.
Yes, I think it is good to talk about ACTUAL tragedies that happen, rather than talk in vague metaphors.

Let's not talk about this or that psalm in the bible, let's look at what is actually happening in the world right now.

I understand that you would rather not discuss this kind of stuff, but this is happening in the world right now, Robbie. Face it.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
19 May 14

Man cannot judge God, period.
But some people look at it with the glass half empty or all the way empty. Christians look at some sad situation with the glass half-full or all the way full.

Infidel

Moves
19 May 14

You're pretty free with the word "allowed" when you don't even believe in God to begin with.
No.

B-u-t, m-a-n-y p-e-o-p-l-e d-o b-e-l-i-e-v-e i-n g-o-d w-h-i-c-h m-a-k-e-s i-t i-m-p-o-r-t-a-n-t.

There, spelt it out for you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 May 14

6) I don't have to concoct anything. I have the real life situation as was described in the OP.
And no, I don't believe in god. But billions of people do. And all those people accept that a being capable of stopping tragedies such as these but then doesn't, should not be criticised and should in fact be loved and worshipped.

And that is scary.
If God stopped every single tragedy that happened on this planet, for even one day, and it was done in a way that it was obvious that it was God stopping them, then man would finally see that God is alive and well, and this would change the entire meaning and purpose of faith.

No. We're given a free will test. And no, we're not going to be *given* the right answers.

But as a society, we *do* have to be on the alert for these sick bastards that cause these tragedies, like this idiot that left mere children in charge of fueling the vehicle.

That we don't, that we (some, anyway) blame God for these things, IS scary.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 May 14

No.

B-u-t, m-a-n-y p-e-o-p-l-e d-o b-e-l-i-e-v-e i-n g-o-d w-h-i-c-h m-a-k-e-s i-t i-m-p-o-r-t-a-n-t.

There, spelt it out for you.
Most people who believe in God aren't making the mistake of blaming God.

Only the supposed non-believers.