1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    You "would have thanked the persons directly responsible for saving the children". So, just to be clear, if the 31 of them had somehow been rescued alive from the wreck, would you [b]NOT have thanked God?

Do you think vivify is right to thank God for whatever good thing happened to him, as sonship suggests he should?[/b]
    No, let me be clear. (I've already answered this once.)

I'm not blaming this incident on God. Blame falls where it belongs, on the man who was negligent, leaving children to handle a dangerous fuel. Where would the blame lie if the man had called out a troop of monkeys to fuel the vehicle?

If the children had been saved from the flames, I would have thanked those who rescued them first and foremost. But yes, I would have thanked God later in private prayer. And yes, vivify was right to thank God for helping ease his problems. Because clearly, that's what he thought happened, it's his right to exercise his free will.

I really don't see why you're all getting your panties in a knot over this.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Not everything that occurs on this earth, especially in these last days, is engineered by God Himself. The fault in this case seems to rest on the supposed adult who "went to get a drink" and left children to fuel up the vehicle. Every one of these aggrieved parents should sue this guy for everything he owns. Maybe, just maybe, he'll think twice next time.
    Do you think there will be a next time?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:18
    But yes, I would have thanked God later in private prayer. And yes, vivify was right to thank God for helping ease his problems.
    So God eased vivify's problems, did he? I see. And if it might just be the case that these 31 deaths were a function of your God figure's will ~ part of some greater purpose, some expression of "justice" that you cannot,on the face of it, fathom ~ "would it hurt you to say thank you" to God for it?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:19
    I'm not blaming this incident on God.
    Do you think your Satan figure might be to blame in some way?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:20
    Because the only thing such a post would serve is your idea that you made the right choice.
    I didn't make a choice.

The "thing my post serves" is the idea that there are billions of people out there believing an all-seeing, all-knowing being exists who could have saved these children without effort, but then didn't. And these people are okay with that.

You are one of those people.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:22

I really don't see why you're all getting your panties in a knot over this.
    31 children died HORRIBLY and your omniscient being did nothing to stop it, and you don't understand why people would be upset about that?

My, my, what lovely morals you have.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:242 edits
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:24
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I didn't make a choice.

The "thing my post serves" is the idea that there are billions of people out there believing an all-seeing, all-knowing being exists who could have saved these children without effort, but then didn't. And these people are okay with that.

You are one of those people.
    She "would have thanked God later in private prayer" if the children had survived.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:27
    Originally posted by redbarons
    Do you think there will be a next time?
    As sure as the sun rises, it (or something similar) will happen again, somewhere on the planet.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:27
    Originally posted by sonship
    A tragedy of children on a religious bus accident, or something more "ironic", when you are finally certain all these ironies render Jesus' life and message not real, and not to believed, tell us.
    Would it hurt for you to pray and thank your God figure for what happened just in case it was His will?
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:29
    Originally posted by sonship
    Maybe we should sue the children's parents for not praying enough to have their children come home savely after church...?

Great King Rat - Infidel,

When you finally arrive at the ultimate accusation which furnishes you with the complete peace that you are right to reject God, let us know.

Do you have enough reasons yet, to be a ...[text shortened]... certain all these ironies render Jesus' life and message not real, and not to believed, tell us.
    I do not "reject" god. I simply have no belief in the existence of god. I am therefore also not angry at god.

This is not about my lack of belief. This is about your "presence" of belief, and the fact that you are not angry.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:311 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So God eased vivify's problems, did he? I see. And if it might just be the case that these 31 deaths were a function of your God figure's will ~ part of some greater purpose, some expression of "justice" that you cannot,on the face of it, fathom ~ "would it hurt you to say thank you" to God for it?
    "would it hurt you to say thank you" to God for it?

Look, I already told you, this was jaywill's post, not mine. If vivify wants to thank God, that's his right.

And no, killing 31 children was not "God's will". That's blasphemous. And insulting.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think your Satan figure might be to blame in some way?
    Perhaps, perhaps not. How can I know? Evil is his thing, though, in case you haven't heard.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:34
    [b]"would it hurt you to say thank you" to God for it?

Look, I already told you, this was jaywill's post, not mine. If he wants to thank God, that's his right.

And no, killing 31 children was not "God's will". That's blasphemous. And insulting.[/b]
    But he did allow it, did he not?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:35
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    31 children died HORRIBLY and your omniscient being did nothing to stop it, and you don't understand why people would be upset about that?

My, my, what lovely morals you have.
    Guilt by association, is that it? Really?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree