More bombs near the Holy Land

More bombs near the Holy Land

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
18 Oct 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Oh, wait, you do this in the vain hope that you can somehow actually land a blow against someone you disagree with.
Would you describe yourself as opposed to people trying to "land a blow against someone [they] disagree with", and if so, is it an opposition that manifests itself in your own posting style?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Would you describe yourself as opposed to people trying to "land a blow against someone [they] disagree with", and if so, is it an opposition that manifests itself in your own posting style?
But it's not about me, is it?

F

Moves
18 Oct 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
But it's not about me, is it?
My point exactly.

r

Moves
18 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
No. I am not. Are you claiming that my fundamental belief comes from the Bible?
(Revelation 11:18) But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came,..... to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”
It's obvious that mankind is ruining the Earth.
The Bible says this will be brought to an end.

So, what is your belief that the world is not falling apart based on?

F

Moves
19 Oct 15

Originally posted by roigam
So, what is your belief that the world is not falling apart based on?
The condition of the world, and its inhabitants, currently and historically.

r

Moves
19 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
The condition of the world, and its inhabitants, currently and historically.
Do you agree then that man is ruining the Earth?

F

Moves
19 Oct 15

Do you agree then that man is ruining the Earth?
I believe that the challenges that mankind has faced have changed down through the ages and that the problems which humans cause for themselves are magnified by pressures of population size and distribution, but broadly speaking I think there has never been a time when it was better to be alive and I am optimistic and there is loads of empirical evidence to justify my optimism. I do not subscribe to the view that ancient Hebrew mythology or the 2,000 year old writings of early Christians offer evidence of any kind.

F

Moves
19 Oct 15

Most people don't want to admit the end is coming because they don't want to be held responsible for their actions.
Bearing in mind that I am a non-Christian ~ and in so far as you can tell ~ in what ways do you think I behave as if I "don't want to be held responsible for [my] actions" [bump]

r

Moves
19 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Bearing in mind that I am a non-Christian ~ and in so far as you can tell ~ in what ways do you think I behave as if I "don't want to be held responsible for [my] actions" [bump]
I was speaking in general not about you specifically.
I don't know you that well.

From what you believe I can conclude that you must have an ostrich in your genes, or be part of the entitled class.

F

Moves
19 Oct 15
1 edit

From what you believe I can conclude that you must [...] be part of the entitled class.
You mean people entitled to draw government benefits?

I was speaking in general not about you specifically.

So you are not claiming that I specifically am a person who doesn't want to be held responsible for my actions, is that right?

F

Moves
19 Oct 15

From what you believe I can conclude that you must have an ostrich in your genes, or be part of the entitled class.
But you've played your hand. You have said you hope for the end. You are a defeatist, then. And a misanthropist too, with seemingly no faith in the capacity and resilience of the human spirit.

Perhaps you go door to door "to tell people of Jehovah's provisions of salvation".

But aside from the questionable efficacy of that, are you doing anything to help tackle and surmount the challenges that mankind faces and so extend the celebration of the wonder of life for countless time to come?

No, you declare, instead, "I can say I hope the end is coming in my lifetime".

So it's a bit rich you comparing me to an ostrich when you appear to have given in and assumed a fall back position: the propagation of your superstitions on an internet message board.

r

Moves
19 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You mean people entitled to draw government benefits?

[b]I was speaking in general not about you specifically.

So you are not claiming that I specifically am a person who doesn't want to be held responsible for my actions, is that right?[/b]
You tell us.
i referred to those who have the wealth and power of the world that keep them from seeing the human misery that is going on.
It hasn't found it's way to their doorstep..... yet!

F

Moves
19 Oct 15

You tell us.
i referred to those who have the wealth and power of the world that keep them from seeing the human misery that is going on.
It hasn't found it's way to their doorstep..... yet!
Where have I claimed that I am not aware of human misery? And what makes you think you know what's "on my doorstep"?

Is it ~ by any chance ~ the concoction of ancient Hebrew mythology and apocalyptic tracts written by early Christians almost 2,000 years ago?

This entitles you to make pronouncements on the life experiences ~ and ability to take responsibility for their own actions ~ of people you meet on message boards?

Presumably this 'I hope the world will end soon' schtick isn't the game you bring unsolicited to people's doorsteps.

F

Moves
19 Oct 15

Aside from going door to door ["to tell people of Jehovah's provisions of salvation"], what other actions do you propose people take to alleviate " the human misery that is going on"?

r

Moves
09 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Aside from going door to door ["to tell people of Jehovah's provisions of salvation"], what other actions do you propose people take to alleviate " the human misery that is going on"?
(Proverbs 3:5, 6) Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, And do not rely on your own understanding.  6 In all your ways take notice of him, And he will make your paths straight.
There is no satisfying solution until Jehovah installs His first born Son Christ Jesus in his full Kingship.
(Psalm 2:1-12) Why are the nations agitated And the peoples muttering an empty thing?  2 The kings of the earth take their stand And high officials gather together as one Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.  3 They say: “Let us tear off their shackles And throw off their ropes!”  4 The One enthroned in the heavens will laugh; Jehovah will scoff at them.  5 At that time he will speak to them in his anger And terrify them in his burning anger,  6 Saying: “I myself have installed my king On Zion, my holy mountain.”  7 Let me proclaim the decree of Jehovah; He said to me: “You are my son; Today I have become your father.  8 Ask of me, and I will give nations as your inheritance And the ends of the earth as your possession.  9 You will break them with an iron scepter, And you will smash them like a piece of pottery.” 10 So now, you kings, show insight; Accept correction, you judges of the earth. 11 Serve Jehovah with fear, And rejoice with trembling. 12 Honor the son, or God will become indignant And you will perish from the way, For His anger flares up quickly. Happy are all those taking refuge in Him.
(1 John 3:8) ..... For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, to break up the works of the Devil.