1. the forest
    Joined
    06 Jul '15
    Moves
    14309
    22 Sep '18 18:06
    i don't think paul heard or saw jesus on the road to damascus.

    i think he had an epileptic fit. an epileptic fit can cause both temporary blindness and hearing voices.

    paul saw a bright light, went blind for three days and heard voices. anything else added to the story i believe is exageration.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    22 Sep '18 18:15
    Originally posted by @mister-moggy
    i don't think paul heard or saw jesus on the road to damascus.

    i think he had an epileptic fit. an epileptic fit can cause both temporary blindness and hearing voices.

    paul saw a bright light, went blind for three days and heard voices. anything else added to the story i believe is exageration.
    Of course, he could have just made it all up - no epileptic fit required.
  3. the forest
    Joined
    06 Jul '15
    Moves
    14309
    22 Sep '18 18:20
    just viewing religion thru reason
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    22 Sep '18 18:332 edits
    Originally posted by @mister-moggy
    just viewing religion thru reason
    Me too. Seems more reasonable to think that he just made it up in an effort to further his ends.
  5. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29669
    22 Sep '18 18:43
    Originally posted by @mister-moggy
    i don't think paul heard or saw jesus on the road to damascus.

    i think he had an epileptic fit. an epileptic fit can cause both temporary blindness and hearing voices.

    paul saw a bright light, went blind for three days and heard voices. anything else added to the story i believe is exageration.
    Are you talking about Saul? 😀
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148412
    22 Sep '18 19:04
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Of course, he could have just made it all up - no epileptic fit required.
    You believe Luke lied, so we should get rid of the books Acts, gospel of Luke, 1st and 2nd Peter as well?
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8493
    22 Sep '18 19:06
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You believe Luke lied, so we should get rid of the books Acts, gospel of Luke, 1st and 2nd Peter as well?
    He hasn't thought it through sir.

    And I say that as a neutral observer...
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    22 Sep '18 19:322 edits
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You believe Luke lied, so we should get rid of the books Acts, gospel of Luke, 1st and 2nd Peter as well?
    How does all this logically follow KJ?

    Note to GoaD: KJ is KellyJay.

    Note to GoaD: GoaD is you.

    Note to KJ: Sometimes GoaD has trouble figuring things like that out on his own.
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    1637
    22 Sep '18 19:40
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Me too. Seems more reasonable to think that he just made it up in an effort to further his ends.
    based on what we know of saul/paul. from his prior experience to the "enlightening" moment. and then how his thinking changed. i cant see how we would then come to the conclusion that it was a planned event, to further his agenda. If it were to further the agenda, wouldn't he still be killing the Christians?
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    1637
    22 Sep '18 19:42
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You believe Luke lied, so we should get rid of the books Acts, gospel of Luke, 1st and 2nd Peter as well?
    that isnt what anyone said. we are objectively looking at Paul's focus
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    22 Sep '18 19:47
    Originally posted by @pudgenik
    based on what we know of saul/paul. from his prior experience to the "enlightening" moment. and then how his thinking changed. i cant see how we would then come to the conclusion that it was a planned event, to further his agenda. If it were to further the agenda, wouldn't he still be killing the Christians?
    How is this not begging the question?
  12. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    1637
    22 Sep '18 19:58
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    How is this not begging the question?
    But weren't his ends, prior to the moment, about eradicating the christians
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    22 Sep '18 20:011 edit
    Originally posted by @pudgenik
    But weren't his ends, prior to the moment, about eradicating the christians
    Sorry. I was referring to your entire post.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86276
    22 Sep '18 20:23
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Me too. Seems more reasonable to think that he just made it up in an effort to further his ends.
    When Jesus said that he was sent by God, do you think he also made that up?

    I enjoy it every time you ignore these posts btw 😉
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148412
    22 Sep '18 20:291 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    How does all this logically follow KJ?

    Note to GoaD: KJ is KellyJay.

    Note to GoaD: GoaD is you.

    Note to KJ: Sometimes GoaD has trouble figuring things like that out on his own.
    Who wrote about Paul’s conversion, Paul or Luke? Remember Luke the doctor who wrote the book of Luke too? Peter in his letters referred to Paul’s letters as well.
Back to Top