Refuting Rajk999ism

Refuting Rajk999ism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Oct 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Once again you deem it appropriate to bring Jehovahs witnesses into the argument when in fact it has absolutely nothing to do with it is again a reflection of your weak and beggarly arguments and you are absolutely correct, for what part does light have with darkness, Christ with Satan, a believer with an unbeliever, thats how much you and I have in common.
Wow you're comparing yourself with Christ and me with Satan. What's next Hitler?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Oct 13

Once again you deem it appropriate to bring Jehovahs witnesses into the argument when in fact it has absolutely nothing to do with it, is again a reflection of your weak and beggarly arguments and you are absolutely correct, for what part does light have with darkness, Christ with Satan, a believer with an unbeliever, thats how much you and I have in common.
Why are you saying I'm an unbeliever? What do I have to do to be a believer in your opinion?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Oct 13
1 edit

Maybe you should take the trouble to read the whole passage . The same John says :

1Jn_2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

THE PROMISE OF ETERNAL LIFE.
In case you dont understand. It means its not awarded just yet.

As Christians we HAVE eternal life. That is what the New Testament says.

Of course we also have a FORETASTE of a fuller taste to come in the future.

Your drawing attention to the promise does not change 1 John 5:12,13

WHY did John write these things ? Why did he write to us ?

"I have written these things to you that you may know that you HAVE eternal life."

The believer does not just have the promise to come in the future. He has the eternal life NOW. He has a foretaste of a fuller enjoyment of the indwelling God to come.

As long as you have the Son of God you HAVE the life because HE IS the life -

"Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him and he in God." ( 4:15)

rc

Moves
06 Oct 13

this idea of once saved always saved breeds a type of Christian that does nothing except for themselves, believes that by doing nothing they will inherit everlasting life, for themselves and prays to Jesus about, you guessed it, themselves. Jesus in me is about right, its all about me me me me me, isn't it jaywill!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Oct 13

Originally posted by divegeester
That is your opinion and you are clearly wedded to it. I have no doubt that god commands good works of his people but The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so simple people cannot believe it. "...not by works so no man can boast".

My post on the previous page lays out very calmly the message of salvation through the "finished" work of Christ as is described ...[text shortened]... appropriate scriptures.

By the way, Jesus was talking to you when he said "it is finished".
'It is finished' means that Christ died for our sins and paid the price of for our redemption. For the first time mankind has an OPPORTUNITY of the PROMISE OF ETERNAL LIFE. That is the good news because before Christ's death there was no such thing as eternal life.

There are things to be done to make use of that opportunity and many will not make it as they are focused on things of the world.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Oct 13

this idea of once saved always saved breeds a type of Christian that does nothing except for themselves, believes that by doing nothing they will inherit everlasting life, for themselves and prays to Jesus about, you guessed it, themselves. Jesus in me is about right, its all about me me me me me, isn't it jaywill!
Correct, it breeds selfishness instead of selflessness.

rc

Moves
06 Oct 13

Why are you saying I'm an unbeliever? What do I have to do to be a believer in your opinion?
Sorry but its a waste of time trying to converse with you, we have absolutely nothing in common, have a good evening.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Oct 13

Once again you deem it appropriate to bring Jehovahs witnesses into the argument when in fact it has absolutely nothing to do with it...
Are you saying that your position on this topic is not in alignment with JW teaching?

And why shouldn't your membership of the Jehovah's Witness corporation not be brought into it; you are contantly bringing my life into our exchanges, asking what I'm doing or not doing.

rc

Moves
06 Oct 13

Originally posted by Rajk999
Correct, it breeds selfishness instead of selflessness.
Indeed it does, its all about them! their salvation.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Oct 13

Sorry but its a waste of time trying to converse with you, we have absolutely nothing in common, have a good evening.
Don't forget to shake the dust from your sandals on your way out.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Oct 13

Rajk999ism - Every exhortation, every cure for any and every problem in the Christian life is to consider the threat of losing eternal life.

Rajk999ism - Pretty much every verse in the New Testament to adjust the Christian walk is about losing eternal life.

rc

Moves
06 Oct 13
1 edit

Are you saying that your position on this topic is not in alignment with JW teaching?

And why shouldn't your membership of the Jehovah's Witness corporation not be brought into it; you are contantly bringing my life into our exchanges, asking what I'm doing or not doing.
this thread is not about Jehovahs witnesses, its about the claim that you are saved. I thought you might be happy talking about yourself and your claims of personal salvation? you know, Jesus in you? Your faith is after all, all about you, isnt it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Oct 13

Indeed it does, its all about them! their salvation.
Says the self proclaimed member of the sole holders of gods truth.

rc

Moves
06 Oct 13

Don't forget to shake the dust from your sandals on your way out.
oh i am not going anywhere.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Oct 13

Originally posted by sonship
Maybe you should take the trouble to read the whole passage . The same John says :

1Jn_2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

THE PROMISE OF ETERNAL LIFE.
In case you dont understand. It means its not awarded just yet.

As Christians we HAVE eternal life. That is what the New Testament says.
...[text shortened]... ]"Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him and he in God." ( 4:15)
[/b]
You obviously dont know your Bible :

Heb_9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

2Ti_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Clearly Paul did not think he has eternal life. He refers to a promise of eternal life. I take it you know more than Paul.