Salvation Through Works

Salvation Through Works

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jun 18

Originally posted by @secondson
To those who seek to earn salvation by works Jesus will say "I never knew you".
The bible says no such thing. Thats your church doctrine.

Jesus said that to
WORKERS OF INIQUITY aka
EVILDOERS aka
SINNERS aka
THE UNRIGHTEOUS aka
THOSE WHO REFUSE TO FOLLOW THE COMMANDMENTS

Read your Bible.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
18 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
The bible says no such thing. Thats your church doctrine.

Jesus said that to
WORKERS OF INIQUITY aka
EVILDOERS aka
SINNERS aka
THE UNRIGHTEOUS aka
THOSE WHO REFUSE TO FOLLOW THE COMMANDMENTS

Read your Bible.
Matthew 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Look a little closer at the broader context. Jesus says "I never knew you" to those who claim to do "wonderful works". Jesus says to them that they "work iniquity".

Working for salvation is the work of iniquity.

Notice verse 21 which says those who do the will of the Father enter the kingdom of heaven.

And just what is the will of the Father?

It's the only "work" one can do, and that is as Jesus said, "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."

All other "work" is just lip service if you're doing it to earn your way into the kingdom.

Only by faith in the finished work of the cross can one enter the kingdom.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
18 Jun 18

Working for salvation is the work of iniquity.

And just what is the will of the Father?

It's the only "work" one can do, and that is as Jesus said, "This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."
Indeed. As I have been saying... piling up works in order to get to heaven is indisputably a selfish act.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jun 18

Matthew 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto t ...[text shortened]... into the kingdom.

Only by faith in the finished work of the cross can one enter the kingdom.
This explains why Christians are a lazy greedy selfish bunch who would not lift a finger to help those in need.

You are all a bunch of goats heading for destruction

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
18 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Indeed. As I have been saying... piling up works in order to get to heaven is indisputably a selfish act.
Exactly! It frustrates the grace of God when one endeavors to obtain salvation by works. Righteousness is imputed by grace and not by the law(works).

Galatians 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
18 Jun 18

This explains why Christians are a lazy greedy selfish bunch who would not lift a finger to help those in need.

You are all a bunch of goats heading for destruction
You speak as a fool.

Why don't you brag about all the charitable good works you do?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jun 18

I do sin. So I know I never said that .. fool
Im just waiting for you to find the quote.. or make an a$$ of yourself

I am a sheep of Christ.
Why? Because I believe that following Christ commandments is critical for eternal life

I follow Christ, not the church
Sorry, but what you follow is YOUR version of Christ.

Christ never commanded people to judge others. In fact, he said to love your neighbor as you love yourself. I don't see much of that here from you. This is probably why we also see here no testimony, no witness, from you. All I see is 'mouth worship' of Matthew 25.

"Yeah, yeah, see there in Matt 25? You don't do that, yet never mind if I do that or not. Case closed."

"I do sin." followed by "I am a sheep of Christ."

Haven't you trolled people on this forum, claiming they sin and therefore are NOT "sheep of Christ"? Why are you different?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jun 18
2 edits

You speak as a fool.

Why don't you brag about all the charitable good works you do?
You are the fool who has swallowed the false doctrine of the church and ignored the true teachings of Christ. Jesus says people like you are fools... because you are have built your house on the sands of church doctrine rather than on the rock of his words and teachings .. FOOLISH MAN .. Here read the whole story.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Every one therefore that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them, shall be likened unto a wise man, who built his house upon the rock: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon the rock. And every one that heareth these words of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and smote upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall thereof. (Matthew 7:21-27 ASV)

Jesus said :
Depart from me you workers of iniquity
Jesus does not know sinful Christians
The wise man hears and DOES THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST
The foolish man does them NOT
Your spiritual house will fall.

There is absolutely no part of the teachings of Christ where good works are condemned. None whatsoever. You twisted the Bible and said that Jesus did not know the people who did good works. The people did no good works. They were evil workers.. hence their condemnation.

Jesus preached good works and righteousness from the beginning of his ministry right down to the very end. Those who do good works and righteousness enter the Kingdom of God. All others who simply proclaim their faith are cast out.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
Sorry, but what you follow is YOUR version of Christ.

Christ never commanded people to judge others. In fact, he said to love your neighbor as you love yourself. I don't see much of that here from you. This is probably why we also see here no testimony, no witness, from you. All I see is 'mouth worship' of Matthew 25.

"Yeah, yeah, see there in Ma ...[text shortened]... n this forum, claiming they sin and therefore are NOT "sheep of Christ"? Why are you different?
In like manner, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefastness and sobriety; not with braided hair, and gold or pearls or costly raiment; but (which becometh women professing godliness) through good works. Let a woman learn in quietness with all subjection. But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have dominion over a man, but to be in quietness. For Adam was first formed, then Eve; and Adam was not beguiled, but the woman being beguiled hath fallen into transgression: but she shall be saved through her child-bearing, if they continue in faith and love and sanctification with sobriety. (1 Timothy 2:9-15 ASV)

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
18 Jun 18

In like manner, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefastness and sobriety; not with braided hair, and gold or pearls or costly raiment; but (which becometh women professing godliness) through good works. [b]Let a woman learn in quietness with all subjection. But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have dominion over a man, but ...[text shortened]... if they continue in faith and love and sanctification with sobriety. (1 Timothy 2:9-15 ASV)[/b]
You're a sanctimonious hypocrite Rajk. Suzianne doesn't have to listen to the likes of you. She's a blood bought child of God. You have no entitlements to the church of Jesus Christ and you're no prophet either.

Suzianne ain't your wife and isn't subject to you. Thank God.

So take your puffed up self righteous and arrogant extremist blabberings and shove them up where the sun don't shine.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
18 Jun 18

You are the fool who has swallowed the false doctrine of the church and ignored the true teachings of Christ. Jesus says people like you are fools... because you are have built your house on the sands of church doctrine rather than on the rock of his words and teachings .. FOOLISH MAN .. Here read the whole story.

[i]Not every one that saith unto me, Lo ...[text shortened]... righteousness enter the Kingdom of God. All others who simply proclaim their faith are cast out.
"There is absolutely no part of the teachings of Christ where good works are condemned."

Nobody said good works are condemned. That is just another example of how you project your paranoid delusions about what Christians believe and say into this forum.

You're a muddled up peckerhead if there ever was one.

w

Moves
18 Jun 18

Dodge.
I'm more of a Ford man myself.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
18 Jun 18

[b]"There is absolutely no part of the teachings of Christ where good works are condemned."

Nobody said good works are condemned.[/b]
That's about the only way he can muster up a truthful statement. He might as well have said, "Christ does not teach that pigs fly."

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
18 Jun 18

Originally posted by @whodey
I'm more of a Ford man myself.
Chevy

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
18 Jun 18

That's about the only way he can muster up a truthful statement. He might as well have said, "Christ does not teach that pigs fly."
And when I proved that Jesus and Jehovah are one and the same using the scriptures Rajk completely ignored the references.

Can you believe Rajk claimed to have no use for Isaiah?

Rajk is like one of those weirdo Christians you meet on the boardwalk out in Huntington Beach that waylays you with his pompous disjointed ramblings of incoherent extra-biblical revelations from unseen spirits that talk to him in his sleep.