1. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:14
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I already explained my position from the bible many times.in other threads.

So for you to say im dodging is plain dishonest. Typical of saved Christians
    Dodged again. This a simple question. If you believe what you preach you should be able to answer the question in your own words that others can understand. You do realize it is a sin, punishable by death, if you withhold the answers you've been given and refuse to share so that others may live.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:16
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I doubt anyone who pushes that doctrine, will ever give specifics to your questions, as in
    how much is good works is required? Why would someone who rejects God and Jesus'
    have good works that will be accepted, when if they have not God's Spirit they are in the
    flesh and the Bible says anyone walking in the flesh cannot please God? So the answers
    will be vague or insulting, a meaningful give and take I doubt will be forth coming.
    How could answers to questions not in the bible be forthcoming?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:17
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Jesus came to save, not condemn.

Maybe Revelation is wrong.
    According to Jesus the road to destruction is wide and many are on it.

But either by now you know that or telling you again won't do any good.
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:18
    Jesus Christ preached that doctrine.
    Read your bible
    So what is the golden number or ratio of good deeds?

Another question...

If I totally do a lot of good deeds, but then I want to have sex with prostitutes, am I good?

And what of indulgences? Tell us about that.
  5. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:21
    So. Since you are evidently incapable of teaching us in your own words, what specific words in the bible tell us how often is often enough?

Are you going with the 70 times 7? 490? Are 490 good deeds enough? But that only applies to brothers and sisters. Please share your wisdom. Again, if you withhold it, you can look forward to the same punishment as the servant that buried his talent in the ground. It didn't end well for him.

This is your chance to do a good deed and distinguish yourself from that man.
  6. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:22
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    So what is the golden number or ratio of good deeds?

Another question...

If I totally do a lot of good deeds, but then I want to have sex with prostitutes, am I good?

And what of indulgences? Tell us about that.
    Or here's another one.

If I do a whole bunch of good deeds--but I do them so that ultimately it works in MY favor. Are they still good deeds?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:28
    Hmm, so you believe good works are required according to scripture, but how many a day, a week, a year are all requirements we are to guess at?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:31
    Here is something that is actually in the Bible:

Romans 8:7-9 King James Version (KJV)
    7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
    8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
    9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Now you are telling me that those are still saved, even though they don't have God's
    Spirit, and not only that their works will be accepted by God, because in your opinion
    good works are good works and God must accept them He has no choice?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:35
    Hmm, so you believe good works are required according to scripture, but how many a day, a week, a year are all requirements we are to guess at?
    No. JESUS SAID GOOD WORKS ARE REQUIRED.
    How many?
    You will have to ask him that.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:37
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    So. Since you are evidently incapable of teaching us in your own words, what specific words in the bible tell us how often is often enough?

Are you going with the 70 times 7? 490? Are 490 good deeds enough? But that only applies to brothers and sisters. Please share your wisdom. Again, if you withhold it, you can look forward to the same punishm ...[text shortened]... d well for him.

This is your chance to do a good deed and distinguish yourself from that man.
    Jesus said that good works is necessary for entry into the Kingdom of God. If you have to ask how many good works are required, and you cannot wait for the judgment of Christ, then maybe the Kingdom of God is not for you.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:37
    Here is something that is actually in the Bible:

Romans 8:7-9 King James Version (KJV)
    7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
    8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
    9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. ...[text shortened]... d, because in your opinion
    good works are good works and God must accept them He has no choice?
    Who are you calling fleshly and carnal minded?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:39
    Who are you calling fleshly and carnal minded?
    Ghost.

Lol.
  13. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    How many?
    James said faith without works is a dead faith. We got that. We know works are a necessary fruit of a faithful believer. But you condemn faithful believers. Almost all of us. So if the fruits we produce (according to you) aren't enough, then YOU should be able to tell us how many ARE enough. Why should I go to Jesus and ask him for an answer to a problem YOU have presented? If you don't know the answer (and you essentially just admitted to that) then you have no business judging others.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    How many?
    So no one knows, we all could be doing good works and Jesus gave us a requirement but
    did not tell us any details? I mean if I understand your doctrine, you can be a murdering
    Atheist, but do enough good works, you'll earn your way into heaven, because of your
    efforts. I remember seeing that in the old black and white movies, people would murder
    someone say a few Hail Mary's and all is forgiven, is that what you are talking about, or
    do you have specifics on what is and is not an official good work that will be counted?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:40
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    James said faith without works is a dead faith. We got that. We know works are a necessary fruit of a faithful believer. But you condemn faithful believers. Almost all of us. So if the fruits we produce (according to you) aren't enough, then YOU should be able to tell us how many ARE enough. Why should I go to Jesus and ask him for an answer to a p ...[text shortened]... the answer (and you essentially just admitted to that) then you have no business judging others.
    Are you doubting that Jesus said that good works and righteousness is necessary for eternal life in the Kingdom of God?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree