1. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:42
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    So no one knows, we all could be doing good works and Jesus gave us a requirement but
    did not tell us any details? I mean if I understand your doctrine, you can be a murdering
    Atheist, but do enough good works, you'll earn your way into heaven, because of your
    efforts. I remember seeing that in the old black and white movies, people would murder
    someon ...[text shortened]... out, or
    do you have specifics on what is and is not an official good work that will be counted?
    What did Jesus say about good works. Do you know?
    I think you do. You are just trying to condemn the doctrine of Christ.
    And this is the funny thing. You proclaim your faith and your believe
    But your works deny Christ.

A dangerous position to be in.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:42
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Are you doubting that Jesus said that good works and righteousness is necessary for eternal life in the Kingdom of God?
    Obviously you didn't read what I said. If you don't know the answer to a question about a doctrine you present, and you don't even listen to people begging you for you to share your wisdom--then your doctrine is false and you are false. It's that simple.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:44
    Who are you calling fleshly and carnal minded?
    Anyone who does not have the Spirit of God within them, those who do not belong to God
    in the here and now. I would have thought you'd be familiar with the verses in Luke 11:

9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
    10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
    11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
    12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
    13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

You think Jesus lied about this or was telling the truth?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:56
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Obviously you didn't read what I said. If you don't know the answer to a question about a doctrine you present, and you don't even listen to people begging you for you to share your wisdom--then your doctrine is false and you are false. It's that simple.
    The question is nonsense and it demonstrates that you Christians don't believe in what Jesus preached.

You are mouth worshipers heading to condemnation of the goats of Matt 25.

These goats would have wanted to know how many works they have to do. Sheep dont ask those questions. The question has no parallel in the bible. No disciple of Christ asked such questions

You church Christians have nothing of Christ in you.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 02:561 edit
    What did Jesus say about good works. Do you know?
    I think you do. You are just trying to condemn the doctrine of Christ.
    And this is the funny thing. You proclaim your faith and your believe
    But your works deny Christ.

A dangerous position to be in.
    I'm asking about the doctrine you are preaching, I can read Jesus' words, but you have
    presented things that you have no understanding about so far. How many works are we
    to do to do enough, what works are acceptable works (Hail Mary) count, or only helping
    a widow cross the street.

What do you know about my works? What have you seen me do or not do?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 03:00
    I'm asking about the doctrine you are preaching, I can read Jesus' words, but you have
    presented things that you have no understanding about so far. How many works are we
    to do to do enough, what works are acceptable works (Hail Mary) count, or only helping

Imagine Christians have to ask what good works they need go do and how much. You are a lost soul
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 03:00
    The question is nonsense and it demonstrates that you Christians don't believe in what Jesus preached.

You are mouth worshipers heading to condemnation of the goats of Matt 25.

These goats would have wanted to know how many works they have to do. Sheep dont ask those questions. The question has no parallel in the bible. No disciple of Christ asked such questions

You church Christians have nothing of Christ in you.
    Hell of a judgment there, you know church Christians have nothing of Christ in them!

How do you know this, you know all of these people personally, did some spirit tell you?
    How did you come by this information? Can you pick those out of crowd who does or
    does not have Christ in them? I amazed at your judging so many for such bad things
    that you seem to have personal knowledge of.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 03:01
    Hell of a judgment there, you know church Christians have nothing of Christ in them!

How do you know this, you know all of these people personally, did some spirit tell you?
    How did you come by this information? Can you pick those out of crowd who does or
    does not have Christ in them? I amazed at your judging so many for such bad things
    that you seem to have personal knowledge of.
    Ask another dumb question. Go ahead
  9. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 03:023 edits

All we've ever done is claim that Jesus' work upon the cross is sufficient. We never, EVER said a Christian therefore is to sit on the couch and do absolutely nothing to help anyone. But... that is what we've been accused of and condemned to hell for. So it seems to me that the one doing all the accusing and condemning should be the standard bearer for the rest of us. That being the case, he should know how many works are necessary. The works we do aren't enough. The works he does ARE enough. He regularly bashes believers here and that's not time spent doing good works. So we know, since he sets the standard, that ceaseless good works are not required. That leaves us somewhere between 0 and infinity. And I look to him, as our self-proclaimed sinless standard bearer, for the answers. The bible tells us that withholding the Gospel is a horrible sin, so I would hope that he, being sinless, would not avoid my request. Because if he does, he is a sinner, therefore a liar, and his doctrine can be tossed into the trashcan.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 03:031 edit
    Imagine Christians have to ask what good works they need go do and how much. You are a lost soul
    Your doctrine, just trying to get this out of you, I know what I believe and why and can give
    an account if asked. I'm asking you, since you keep condemning people by your doctrine
    telling us who has Christ and who does not, who can be saved and who cannot be, but you
    have no answer when asked for details! Why is that, you know you have been saying this
    stuff for years, you have to have some clue, you have been talking about this for as long as I
    have seen you here.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 03:05
    The problem with the works issue.....is sinning.

If I do 10 good works, does 1 sin cancel them out?

Or, am I supposed to be sin free?

That's why the "formula" cannot be known, and the REAL answer is that we try our best to live good lives, and when we fall, we ask for forgiveness, as taught by Jesus in the Lord's Prayer.

Jesus has saved us through grace. We cannot earn it.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 03:06
    Ask another dumb question. Go ahead
    As quick as you can give me an answer I might. I predicted you'd just come back with
    insults, I imagine soon you will be offended and leave without ever answering these dumb
    questions. That is how you have behaved in the past, I don't really believe you will rise
    above your past actions.
  13. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 03:08
    Originally posted by @chaney3

That's why the "formula" cannot be known, and the REAL answer is that we try our best to live good lives, and when we fall, we ask for forgiveness, as taught by Jesus in the Lord's Prayer.

But we are told (eye roll) that true Christians never, EVER sin. Not once. The person telling us that claims he is utterly and completely sinless. Spotless. Perfect.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 03:11
    Originally posted by @chaney3

I cannot think of any scripture that says a good work washes us of sins, the shedding of
    blood is called for, for the remission of sins. Good works, alone means we are looking for a
    pay back for things we have done as if we were earning a paycheck.

Your right, nice post.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 03:11
    As quick as you can give me an answer I might. I predicted you'd just come back with
    insults, I imagine soon you will be offended and leave without ever answering these dumb
    questions. That is how you have behaved in the past, I don't really believe you will rise
    above your past actions.
    The questions are dumb because Jesus did not provide answers for them.

You are trying to discredit the teachings of Christ . And Christians are supposed to be following Christ.

You are a failed Christian lacking in the true Spirit of Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree