Salvation Through Works

Salvation Through Works

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
16 Jun 18

Ok. Once you have faith in Christ and become a believer. We are told by the usual suspects here that you evidently need to maintain your salvation by performing good deeds--else you will lose your salvation and roast over an open fire in hell. So, what's the number of good deeds required? 10,000? How many good deeds per day? Or does the doctrine compel you to ceaselessly perform good deeds, all day, everyday? (of course if that's true, we're all going down in flames since we spend so much time arguing in this forum)

Please explain this doctrine of works and good deeds.

A simple dodge, like "If you have to ask, you are not a follower of Christ and you will burn in hell."

YOU are the one preaching this doctrine, so you should have an answer. YOUR salvation is at stake, according to you. What's the number? Are you allowed to take a break, which you obviously do to come here and bash the heads of people that disagree?

E

Moves
16 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Ok. Once you have faith in Christ and become a believer. We are told by the usual suspects here that you evidently need to maintain your salvation by performing good deeds--else you will lose your salvation and roast over an open fire in hell. So, what's the number of good deeds required? 10,000? How many good deeds per day? Or does the doctrine co ...[text shortened]... to take a break, which you obviously do to come here and bash the heads of people that disagree?
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jun 18

Ok. Once you have faith in Christ and become a believer. We are told by the usual suspects here that you evidently need to maintain your salvation by performing good deeds--else you will lose your salvation and roast over an open fire in hell. So, what's the number of good deeds required? 10,000? How many good deeds per day? Or does the doctrine co ...[text shortened]... to take a break, which you obviously do to come here and bash the heads of people that disagree?
Jesus Christ preached that doctrine.
Read your bible

c

Moves
16 Jun 18

I once read a book titled "How Good is Good Enough", which nicely discusses this question.

Is there a 'works scale'? And has Mother Theresa upped the ante on this scale, leaving the ordinary person lacking?

The point of the book was that Jesus took care of this dilemma on the cross. We ALL get in.

Now, we show our thanks by doing good works, but for respect to Him, not to 'earn' what has been taken care of already.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jun 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
I once read a book titled "How Good is Good Enough", which nicely discusses this question.

Is there a 'works scale'? And has Mother Theresa upped the ante on this scale, leaving the ordinary person lacking?

The point of the book was that Jesus took care of this dilemma on the cross. We ALL get in.

Now, we show our thanks by doing good works, but for respect to Him, not to 'earn' what has been taken care of already.
Did Jesus say that ?

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
16 Jun 18

Originally posted by @eladar
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose
Dodge.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
16 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Jesus Christ preached that doctrine.
Read your bible
Dodge.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
16 Jun 18

Originally posted by @chaney3

Thank God someone gets it around here.

E

Moves
16 Jun 18

Dodge.
If you call truth a dodge that is your problem.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
16 Jun 18

If you call truth a dodge that is your problem.
YOUR claim is we must maintain our salvation by doing good deeds. Unless you are a complete fool, you know that all Christians do good deeds. But apparently not often enough, because they're all going to burn in hell. So, how often is often enough?

This isn't a trap question. It's a real question that deserves a real answer.

I've already pointed out the obvious. By simply coming into the this forum and bashing people you disagree with, you are NOT performing a good deed and thus you are demonstrating that good deeds don't need to be performed ceaselessly. So, if a number of good works by Christians isn't enough, and ceaseless good works is too much to expect... then there must be some general number we're supposed to aim for.

"Go read your bible" is a pathetic way for someone to defend a doctrine they are preaching (not that you said that).

c

Moves
16 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Did Jesus say that ?
I thought Jesus wanted us to at least believe in Him, but you say that's not required.

Hence, atheists get to Heaven.

E

Moves
16 Jun 18

YOUR claim is we must maintain our salvation by doing good deeds. Unless you are a complete fool, you know that all Christians do good deeds. But apparently not often enough, because they're all going to burn in hell. So, how often is often enough?

I've already pointe ...[text shortened]... is a pathetic way for someone to defend a doctrine they are preaching (not that you said that).
Your salvation determined by who?

By what you believe the Bible says?

Still by you and your limited point of view fellow person.

c

Moves
16 Jun 18

Your salvation determined by who?

By what you believe the Bible says?

Still by you and your limited point of view fellow person.
Jesus came to save, not condemn.

Maybe Revelation is wrong.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jun 18
1 edit

I've already pointe ...[text shortened]... is a pathetic way for someone to defend a doctrine they are preaching (not that you said that).
I already explained my position from the bible many times.in other threads.

So for you to say im dodging is plain dishonest. Typical of saved Christians

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Jun 18

I doubt anyone who pushes that doctrine, will ever give specifics to your questions, as in
how much is good works is required? Why would someone who rejects God and Jesus'
have good works that will be accepted, when if they have not God's Spirit they are in the
flesh and the Bible says anyone walking in the flesh cannot please God? So the answers
will be vague or insulting, a meaningful give and take I doubt will be forth coming.