15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 11:081 edit
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 11:101 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    But we are told (eye roll) that true Christians never, EVER sin. Not once. The person telling us that claims he is utterly and completely sinless. Spotless. Perfect.
    The person telling us that claims he is utterly and completely sinless. Spotless. Perfect.

I've never seen anyone make this claim, but I very well might have missed it. Who was it? Please post a link to the post.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 11:25
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Is Hitler in Heaven?

Surely he did some good works along the way? Despite his evil.

This is why the 'works for salvation' argument fails.

What is the scale?
    Why do you need a scale?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 11:29
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]The person telling us that claims he is utterly and completely sinless. Spotless. Perfect.

I've never seen anyone make this claim, but I very well might have missed it. Who was it? Please post a link to the post.[/b]
    The man is a compulsive liar .. let him continue to lie... .. all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Revelation 21:8 KJV)
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 11:482 edits
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The man is a compulsive liar .. let him continue to lie... .. all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Revelation 21:8 KJV)
    Well, maybe someone did make that claim. We'll see if he has anything.

Be that as it may, his arguments are often specious.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 12:341 edit
    Then why did Jesus include asking God for forgiveness in the Lord's Prayer when we sin?

Answer: because Jesus knew we would sin.
    The reason is that forgiveness for its own sake is not God's goal. His goal is that the saved be conformed to the image of Christ.

For the soul to be transformed in this way requires the saved to learn to forgive and forget just as God has done with them.

It puzzles me that some cannot see this, To conform us to the image of Christ is a DESTINATION of redemption. When you make redemption and end in itself you may have a skewed understanding. You may see every exhortation in the Bible to be about SAVED verses LOST.

There is SAVED ... AND in the process of being conformed to the image of Christ as God's purpose.

"Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers." (Rom. 8:29)

Many things must take place in the SOUL in order for a woman or man to be conformed to the image of the Son. More must take place than simply he or she be forgiven.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 13:09
    Then why did Jesus include asking God for forgiveness in the Lord's Prayer when we sin?

Answer: because Jesus knew we would sin.

Jesus didn't say why. It's interesting that so many place their speculation as to why Jesus said or did something above that of what Jesus explicitly stated. Why do you believe that it is sound to do so?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 13:441 edit
    [b]Then why did Jesus include asking God for forgiveness in the Lord's Prayer when we sin?

Jesus didn't say why. It's interesting that so many place their speculation as to why Jesus said or did something above that of what Jesus explicitly stated. Why do you believe that it is sound to do so?[/b]
    So the good tree example you used, your stating that if you repent and sin, that means
    you didn't repent, are those your speculation, or did Jesus say those things too?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 13:52
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    So the good tree example you used, your stating that if you repent and sin, that means
    you didn't repent, are those your speculation, or did Jesus say those things too?
    If you have a point to make, please plainly state it.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 14:04
    If you have a point to make, please plainly state it.
    You are taking verses and inserting points not clearly stated within the text. While it is
    true sin will lead to death, we either love sin or God, this doctrine of not being able to go
    to God for the forgiveness of sin is your doctrine. Even being shown scripture that we can
    ask God for forgiveness, that Jesus tells us to forgive as we are forgiven, and other
    examples of people stumbling in their walk, you hang on to this impossible doctrine of
    not sinning once you repent once. Good fruit is required, yes, and following God's Spirit
    will produce good fruit. Jesus came to save the lost, He can and will complete the work
    He started in us. The longer I walk with the Lord, the more things in my life I know I need
    to change, your doctrine, as soon as some sin enters the picture the grace of God is
    gone.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 14:15
    You are taking verses and inserting points not clearly stated within the text. While it is
    true sin will lead to death, we either love sin or God, this doctrine of not being able to go
    to God for the forgiveness of sin is your doctrine. Even being shown scripture that we can
    ask God for forgiveness, that Jesus tells us to forgive as we are forgiven, and ...[text shortened]... eed
    to change, your doctrine, as soon as some sin enters the picture the grace of God is
    gone.
    No idea what this has to do with with chaney speculating as to why "Jesus include[d] asking God for forgiveness in the Lord's Prayer"

Be that as it may, you seem to have yet to have come to grips with Luke 13:23-28. Please reread my posts regarding that passage in the "If OSAS is in the Bible" thread.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 14:25
    No idea what this has to do with with chaney speculating as to why "Jesus include[d] asking God for forgiveness in the Lord's Prayer"

Be that as it may, you seem to have yet to have come to grips with Luke 13:23-28. Please reread my posts regarding that passage in the "If OSAS is in the Bible" thread.
    If we have to forgive our sins/debts as we have been forgiven, then that is an ongoing
    process. New debts and sins show up against us and done by us, Jesus tells us that we
    are forgive. You don't seem to hold that view with your only get one chance to repent! You
    do recall Jesus' answer to Peter when He asked, how many times should I forgive others
    who ask seven? Or do you also forget that God's mercies are renewed all the time they
    are not as ridged as you are portraying them.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 14:32
    If we have to forgive our sins/debts as we have been forgiven, then that is an ongoing
    process. New debts and sins show up against us and done by us, Jesus tells us that we
    are forgive. You don't seem to hold that view with your only get one chance to repent! You
    do recall Jesus' answer to Peter when He asked, how many times should I forgive others
    who ...[text shortened]... that God's mercies are renewed all the time they
    are not as ridged as you are portraying them.
    Seriously KellyJay. I fully understand that you believe in a different gospel from the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

From what I can tell, because of this you have been rendered incapable of "hearing" what Jesus clearly and explicitly states in Luke 13:23-28 and elsewhere. Jesus said what He said. You just don't like it since it conflicts with the gospel you believe in.
  14. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 17:18
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I don't need to dig up your quote. You have said that true followers of Christ never sin. You do consider yourself a true follower of Christ. Right? Well there you go. You claim to live a sinless life.

The stickler is, you freely sin when you come here and accuse and judge others. Like you did above. You called me a liar. I didn't lie. You just sinned.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 17:39
    Seriously KellyJay. I fully understand that you believe in a different gospel from the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

From what I can tell, because of this you have been rendered incapable of "hearing" what Jesus clearly and explicitly states in Luke 13:23-28 and elsewhere. Jesus said what He said. You just don't like it since it conflicts with the gospel you believe in.
    God will sort it out, of that I think we both agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree