Salvation Through Works

Salvation Through Works

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
18 Jun 18

Originally posted by @secondson
And when I proved that Jesus and Jehovah are one and the same using the scriptures Rajk completely ignored the references.

Can you believe Rajk claimed to have no use for Isaiah?

Rajk is like one of those weirdo Christians you meet on the boardwalk out in Huntington Beach that waylays you with his pompous disjointed ramblings of incoherent extra-biblical revelations from unseen spirits that talk to him in his sleep.
You "proved" that Jesus and Jehovah are the same? Meaning you "proved" the Trinity?

I missed that post.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jun 18

You're a sanctimonious hypocrite Rajk. Suzianne doesn't have to listen to the likes of you. She's a blood bought child of God. You have no entitlements to the church of Jesus Christ and you're no prophet either.

Suzianne ain't your wife and isn't subject to you. Thank God.

So take your puffed up self righteous and arrogant extremist blabberings and shove them up where the sun don't shine.
Did I say anyone has to listen to me?
The woman is a disgusting shallow piece of garbage
She constantly takes jabbs at me instead of discussing a topic properly.
Hence my quotes to her from Paul to shut up.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jun 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
You "proved" that Jesus and Jehovah are the same? Meaning you "proved" the Trinity?

I missed that post.
He proved no such thing. He is a liar. Liars will be cast out of the kingdom of God

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jun 18

[b]"There is absolutely no part of the teachings of Christ where good works are condemned."

Nobody said good works are condemned. That is just another example of how you project your paranoid delusions about what Christians believe and say into this forum.

You're a muddled up peckerhead if there ever was one.[/b]
You said the people did good works and Jesus said he never knew them.

Hence your implication was that Jess was condemning their good works.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Jun 18

Originally posted by @chaney3

I missed that post.
Compare Isaiah 44:6 with Revelation 22:13. It's the same person speaking in both contexts.

And that's just the beginning of the scriptural evidence proving that Jehovah of the Old Testament and Jesus of the New Testament are one and the same person.

Look at Isaiah 9:6 too.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
You said the people did good works and Jesus said he never knew them.

Hence your implication was that Jess was condemning their good works.
How idiotic can you be?

I did not say Jesus said to those that did good works I ever knew you.

I said Jesus said to those who are workers of iniquity I never knew you.

Can you read? Anyone that does good works for salvation is a worker of iniquity. Just as Cain brought the good works of his hands before the Lord for a sacrifice and not the sacrifice that God required.

God requires that we trust wholeheartedly in the sacrifice of His Son as the atonement for our sins. Jesus paid our sin debt in full on the cross.

It is by faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross that we are saved, and not by the works of our own hands.

Anyone who thinks their good works saves them is a worker of iniquity making the cross of Christ of no effect to them.

On that day they will say to Jesus, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?"

And Jesus will say, "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

They have the same problem Cain had.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
19 Jun 18

You're a real piece of work.

Suzianne and I are 180 degrees apart on... well, just about everything. But she's a fellow believer. That means she's my sister. And--unless I'm mistaken, since I can't make much sense of your beliefs and doctrines--you and I are brothers. When I see trash like you just wrote, it hurts me even though I'm not directly involved. Why so mean spirited. Everybody's so mean spirited around here. I know, I know, I'm no angel. But wow, I've never said anything like that about any believer.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jun 18

And you, sir, are a very small man.

Just like every man whose philosophy is "Do as I say, not as I do."

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jun 18
1 edit

How idiotic can you be?

I did not say Jesus said to those that did good works I ever knew you.

I said Jesus said to those who are workers of iniquity I never knew you.

Can you read? Anyone that does good works for salvation is a worker of iniquity. Just as Cain brought the good works of his hands before the Lord for a sacrifice and not the sacrif ...[text shortened]... never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

They have the same problem Cain had.
You are continually misrepresenting what the Bible says, deliberately and with the intent to deceive.

Cain : The bible says .. not as Cain was of the evil one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his works were evil, and his brother's righteous. (1 John 3:12 ASV)

The Bible says that Cain did evil works. Why are you misrepresenting the bible and saying that Cain brought the good works of his hands. If that is in the Bible somewhere then please quote it. Thanks

Next, where in the Bible does it say that people do good works for salvation. Where is the phrase salvation by works? If it is there somewhere then please quote it. Jesus NEVER ONCE made such a statement. Thats all church doctrine designed to twist the words of Christ

This is how church doctrine and church speak use words and phrases to fool people.

Its the same thing in the Matt quote. Jesus said they were workers of iniquity. Jesus never said that they did good works for salvation or trusted in their good works .. no such thing was said.

According to the bible All evil works are condemned All good works are accepted by Christ. Jesus Christ will judge which is which.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Jun 18

You are continually misrepresenting what the Bible says, deliberately and with the intent to deceive.

Cain : The bible says .. not as Cain was of the evil one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because [b]his works were evil,
and his brother's righteous. (1 John 3:12 ASV)

The Bible says that Cain did evil works. Why are ...[text shortened]... rks are condemned All good works are accepted by Christ. Jesus Christ will judge which is which.
"You are continually misrepresenting what the Bible says, deliberately and with the intent to deceive."

That is so completely obtuse it's not worth replying to.

The Bible teaches that Jesus is God incarnate, but you deny that, and when it is proven to you by the scriptures you turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to what the Bible actually says.

I don't know where you became so indoctrinated, but your bias runs as deep as any I've ever seen.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Jun 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
And you, sir, are a very small man.

Just like every man whose philosophy is "Do as I say, not as I do."
Must be a man thing you know.

I've learned to say to my wife, "I'll do whatever you say", and then I do what I want! 😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jun 18
1 edit

[b]"You are continually misrepresenting what the Bible says, deliberately and with the intent to deceive."

That is so completely obtuse it's not worth replying to.

The Bible teaches that Jesus is God incarnate, but you deny that, and when it is proven to you by the scriptures you turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to what the Bible actually says.
...[text shortened]... don't know where you became so indoctrinated, but your bias runs as deep as any I've ever seen.[/b]
More nonsense.

The Bible says Cain did evil works.
The Bible says the man who said Lord Lord, he was a worker of iniquity.

Your church says these people did GOOD WORKS and Jesus rejected these people who did good works because they were trying to earn their salvation... What a hilarious bible-twisting church doctrine. ... lol 😀

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
19 Jun 18

More nonsense.

The Bible says Cain did evil works.
The Bible says the man who said Lord Lord, he was a worker of iniquity.

Your church says these people did GOOD WORKS and Jesus rejected these people who did good works because they were trying to earn their salvation... What a hilarious bible-twisting church doctrine. ... lol 😀
What Church says Cain did good works? Not mine. It does say Abel's offering was good because it was by faith.

People who do works solely for their own benefit (earning salvation) are not doing good works.

Matt 6
"Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets.........But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
What Church says Cain did good works? Not mine. It does say Abel's offering was good because it was by faith.

People who do works solely for their own benefit (earning salvation) are not doing good works.

Matt 6
"Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets..... ...[text shortened]... oing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."
If you are not following the conversation please dont bother contributing and asking stupid questions.

Second Son said :
..Anyone that does good works for salvation is a worker of iniquity. Just as Cain brought the good works of his hands before the Lord

Cain did evil works, not good works like Second Son says.

Here is another of your statements that is not in the Bible.

In your Matt 6 quote Jesus warns people not to show off about the good works that they do. This means do not go and tell others that you do good works. The point being that God alone must know of your good works.

You will find that NOWHERE does Jesus say that good works done to earn salvation is the work of the Devil. That is utter church nonsense.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
19 Jun 18

[bYou will find that NOWHERE does Jesus say that good works done to earn salvation is the work of the Devil. That is utter church nonsense.[/b]
Works performed to be SEEN performing them are works of inequity. Whether you do it to be seen by God, by people, or both. In any of those situations they are filthy rags--selfish works--not good works. Ever.