1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 11:43
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Ummmm, don't use 'their', when you mean 'our'. You're yourself a fundamentalist, aren't you?
    please answer the question.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 11:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    please answer the question.
    The question is "in what way are the fundamentalists not minding their own business?", right?

You're a fundamentalist and you try everyone else to be fundamentalist. Gays are not making you a gay. That's one of the differences between fundamentalists and gays. Another one... ummmmm...
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 16:31
    Originally posted by menace71
    Dude?? G75 who worships the flag? How about that Star on the Cowboys helmet? 😉

The pledge of allegiance totally honors God you know this right? The Flag and nation is said to be under God. Now this may not be true in practice but it is what this nation was somewhat founded on.

Manny
    I don't pledge my allegiance to the Dallas Cowboys or promise to go to war over it.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 16:33
    do you still need to pledge allegiance to the flag though? is that not a political posture that you are taking? this is strictly impossible for us, for we could not fight against say fellow witnesses in Russia, Korea, or anywhere for that matter, for we hold that they are our brothers. There is a Jehovahs witness congregation or a group of blackf ...[text shortened]... ongs and give discourses in sign language, it is truly, by anyone's standards, utterly amazing!
    No I don't actually pledge allegiance to the flag. I think I did it in Grade school. I think in this age of political correctness you can defer to do it anyway. You can have your child not do it do to religious reasons. Also it's not like a gun was held to my head saying Pledge or else!! 🙂 I actually think the signing thing is cool. My great grandma was deaf and apparently as the story goes she died in her rocking chair with a smile on her face with her bible in her hands.

Manny
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 16:40
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I don't pledge my allegiance to the Dallas Cowboys or promise to go to war over it.
    You know the old stadium that the Cowboys played in had the big opening in the roof. It's God's team & the hole in the roof was so God could watch em play!! 🙂 Joking but I had a friend who just about worshiped the Cow Boys! I wanted to shoot him.

Manny
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 16:41
    The issue I have is that You & R.C. come off with a victim mentality at times. Man I admire you guys for sticking to what you believe but the human experience is full of peoples being persecuted for there beliefs. If the JW condemns his/her spouse for not wanting to convert thats a hard thing. I don't think it's black & white. Some people are reluctant to ...[text shortened]... t God honor the institution of marriage? So for division to be caused is not good.

Manny
    No I'm not trying to come off as a victum. But just showing from my experiances as well as other Witnesses that because we do take a stand for the Bible as all Christians should do but usually fail because of pressures from family members, workmates, classmates, we do reap the consequences just a Jesus said would happen.
    I can say for certianty that I can never remember anyone else but Witnesses during my school days ever recieveng the negative attention for standing up to ones religious beliefs as we did. It may have happened to someone else who wasn't a JW, but I never saw or heard of it.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 16:501 edit
    I agree but kids are just mean to other kids at that age. I used to get called pizza face because I had bad acne. I'm not condoning it at all. I will teach my kid not to treat others that way. I want my son to think for himself but be respectful of others and their beliefs. I believe people have the right to believe what they want even if it is wrong. If people want to believe they can jump off a building and fly then they can try it. People can believe that the earth is flat if they chose but we know better. Just as a Witness has the right to refuse a blood transfusion. However truth will set us free if we will only believe it. I think thats why the USA is a great country because you can believe what ever you want without fear of persecution. I mean true persecution like being shot or dragged off to jail not some kids making fun of some other kid.

Manny
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 18:32
    I agree but kids are just mean to other kids at that age. I used to get called pizza face because I had bad acne. I'm not condoning it at all. I will teach my kid not to treat others that way. I want my son to think for himself but be respectful of others and their beliefs. I believe people have the right to believe what they want even if it is wrong. If ...[text shortened]... ion like being shot or dragged off to jail not some kids making fun of some other kid.

Manny
    Yeah but nobody is as persecuted as poor Jehovah's Witnesses. You know why they've all got inverted nipples don't you? It's from getting poked in the chest while the other person says "Get the hell off my front porch!"
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 18:453 edits
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Yeah but nobody is as persecuted as poor Jehovah's Witnesses. You know why they've all got inverted nipples don't you? It's from getting poked in the chest while the other person says "Get the hell off my front porch!"
    perhaps you can name one other Christian organisation that rather than take up arms against their fellow humans, submitted to the horrors of the Nazi concentration camps, in many instances suffering brutal punishment and in some cases death? i want to hear you say it, who else has done this thing? and i would be very careful if i was you, for you people in the united states have a horrendous record of persecution, a truly horrendous record!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 18:50
    You know the old stadium that the Cowboys played in had the big opening in the roof. It's God's team & the hole in the roof was so God could watch em play!! 🙂 Joking but I had a friend who just about worshiped the Cow Boys! I wanted to shoot him.

Manny
    God has now turned his attention to the Denver Broncos!
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 18:521 edit
    I agree but kids are just mean to other kids at that age. I used to get called pizza face because I had bad acne. I'm not condoning it at all. I will teach my kid not to treat others that way. I want my son to think for himself but be respectful of others and their beliefs. I believe people have the right to believe what they want even if it is wrong. If ...[text shortened]... ion like being shot or dragged off to jail not some kids making fun of some other kid.

Manny
    Just a couple points though....It was my teacher who made me stand in front of the class a few times and the school district did nothing to stop it. And to a child being exposed to this treatment, it is persecution. But I'm ok now...Lol.
    But Jesus said these things will happen to his followers. Maybe to some the JW's do not qualify for this prophecy. Who then?
    And yes you are true, we can do as we please and God gives us that right just as Adam & Eve choose to do. But that never means that God will just look over decisions as he did not with our first parents. As a result we, their children have paid the cost. So should our children be any different if we choose wrong?
    Also God says accurate knowledge is what he accepts. This is spoken of at Phil 1:9, Col 1:9, 1Tim 2:4, Rom 1:28. There are more scriptures that speak of accurate knowledge also, so this must be an important thing to take note of?
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 19:31
    perhaps you can name one other Christian organisation that rather than take up arms against their fellow humans, submitted to the horrors of the Nazi concentration camps, in many instances suffering brutal punishment and in some cases death? i want to hear you say it, who else has done this thing? and i would be very careful if i was you, for you people in the united states have a horrendous record of persecution, a truly horrendous record!
    I thought I told you to get the Hell of my front porch!?!
  13. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 19:34
    and i would be very careful if i was you, for you people in the united states have a horrendous record of persecution, a truly horrendous record!
    Oh well now that's original. Yeah let's have a discussion about the USA's horrendous record of persecution.

From a religious standpoint this country was founded upon the concept of religous freedom. Was it not persecuted Christians that left Europe and settled in the New World to escape religous persecution?

Really, what are you babbling on about?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 22:17
    I thought I told you to get the Hell of my front porch!?!
    i would not stand on your porch for a minute, there is far to many interesting and mannerly people to talk to and meet without me wasting my time with bozos whose sole contribution is a dumb caveman clichéd utterance, like 'get of my porch', with pleasure is the response!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 22:313 edits
    Oh well now that's original. Yeah let's have a discussion about the USA's horrendous record of persecution.

From a religious standpoint this country was founded upon the concept of religous freedom. Was it not persecuted Christians that left Europe and settled in the New World to escape religous persecution?

Really, what are you babbling on about?
    i see you have nothing to say with regard to the fine record of those who were persecuted under the Nazis, who rather than take up arms in respect of Christ and the sanctity of life, refused to war on their Christian brothers and walked the walk. why is that? are you unaware, perhaps you dont know anything about it? are the Americans so uniformed that they do not know what happens in the outside world? have you been outside of your own country? perhaps your own state then?

extract from wikipedia

Throughout the history of Jehovah's Witnesses, their beliefs, doctrines and practices have engendered controversy and opposition from governments, communities, or religious groups. Many Christian denominations consider their interpretation and doctrines to be heresy. Thus some religious leaders have accused Jehovah's Witnesses of being a cult. Members of the religion have also met with objection by governments for refusing to serve in the military, particularly in times of war. Many individuals view their door-to-door proselytizing as intrusive. These issues have at times led to persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses in the United States.

Political and religious animosity against them has at times led to mob action and government oppression, in countries such as the United States, Canada and Nazi Germany. According to the eminent jurist Archibald Cox, in the United States, the Witnesses were "the principal victims of religious persecution... in the twentieth century... Although founded earlier, they began to attract attention and provoke repression in the 1930s, when their proselytizing and numbers rapidly increased"

This opposition so enraged local authorities, the American Legion, and other protectors of patriotism that the Witnesses were the only group during the World War II period to endure the kind of vigilante violence that had been so prevalent during World War I. Mob attacks upon Witnesses occurred in 335 communities in 44 different states in the six months running from May to October 1940 alone. Many of the injured were women and children.

In 1940, the Court ruled in an 8-1 decision that a school district's interest in creating national unity was sufficient to allow them to require students to salute the flag. The Supreme Court's Gobitis decision unleashed a wave of virulent anti-Jehovah's Witness persecution across the nation. Lillian Gobitas later characterized the violence as “open season on Jehovah’s Witnesses.” The American Civil Liberties Union recorded 1,488 attacks on the Witnesses in over 300 communities between May 1940 and October 1940.

One Southern sheriff told a reporter why Witnesses were being run out of town: "They're traitors; the Supreme Court says so. Ain't you heard?" Angry mobs assaulted Witnesses, destroyed their property, boycotted their businesses and vandalized their houses of worship. Less than a week after the court decision, a Kingdom Hall was stormed and torched in Kennebunk, Maine.

American Legion posts harassed Witnesses nationwide. At Klamath Falls, Oregon, the American Legion started to harass the Witnesses assembled with requests to salute the flag and buy war bonds. Then they attacked the Witnesses and besieged the hall, breaking windows, tossing in stink bombs, ammonia and burning kerosene rags. The Witnesses' cars were disabled and many overturned. The Governor was compelled to call out the state militia to quell the mob which reached 1,000 at its peak. Witness missionaries were chased and beaten by vigilantes in Texas. Their literature was confiscated and even burned.

would you like some more? there are literaly hundreds of such accounts, perhaps you may live in a vacuum, it does not mean that others also are in this state of inebriation.

land of freedom from persecution, my goodness you people must buy your culture in a jar! next time you post, feel your bum and check your vital signs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree