1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 19:451 edit
    Does being baptized in water save anyone?

YouTube
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 19:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds

[youtube]G5-LnMWwtCg[/youtube]
    What's your opinion on that?
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 20:12
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Thats the proof? Well good luck to you.
    Go in peace and follow the Law of Moses.
    If Jesus intended to found a new world religion--arguably the most momentous event since the Creation--don't you think he would have seen fit to give it at least a passing mention? Something like, 'Hey, Judaism was ok while it lasted, but you Jews should all convert to this New Really Big Thing here. They're gonna call it Christianity. I should know, after all I'm omnipotent!'
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 20:191 edit
    Originally posted by moonbus
    If Jesus intended to found a new world religion--arguably the most momentous event since the Creation--don't you think he would have seen fit to give it at least a passing mention? Something like, 'Hey, Judaism was ok while it lasted, but you Jews should all convert to this New Really Big Thing here. They're gonna call it Christianity. I should know, after all I'm omnipotent!'
    Wrong. Christ is not about starting religions. Christ is about righteous living and charitable works. Whoever lives that life are with Christ, and Christ with them, regardless of religion.

Go tell your SDA buddies that.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 20:201 edit
    Wrong. Christ is not about starting religions. Christ is about righteous living and charitable works. Whoever lives that life are with Christ, and Christ with them, regardless of religion.

BTW, did you get an answer to the question, what happens to innocent unbelievers?

EDIT: I doubt the SDA consider me their buddy.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 20:24
    BTW, did you get an answer to the question, what happens to innocent unbelievers?

Answers? I was seeking opinions. Most Christians are of the opinion that they will burn in eternal torment.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 07:48
    I was seeking opinions. Most Christians are of the opinion that they will burn in eternal torment.
    That is rather sad. Sad that so many people believe such a thing, I mean. My own opinion is that they are in for a surprise.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '15 18:071 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds

[youtube]G5-LnMWwtCg[/youtube]
    I was baptized in a Southern Baptist Church so I agree with the Baptist minister who knocked on the door as far as he goes.

However, many associate the baptizing and joining the Baptist Church as meaning they are saved right then and there and so the saying ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED.

i believe if we are sincere in our belief in Christ Jesus, then Jesus promises to save us if we endure to the end. Yahshua (Jesus) said,
    "Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come."

(Matthew 24:12-4 NASB)

It is by continuing in our faith to the end that allows salvation, then ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED is true because YaH saves, not baptism in water.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '15 14:261 edit

What is this SDA? Sadly deluded asssholes? Society of Drunken artists? Saturday driving arrests? Silly demented assemblers? Semi Dead astronomers? Sardonic detail announcers?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '15 14:551 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What is this SDA? Sadly deluded asssholes? Society of Drunken artists? Saturday driving arrests? Silly demented assemblers? Semi Dead astronomers? Sardonic detail announcers?
    Looks like a new game in the General forum, how many ways to come up with what 3 letters
    could stand for. A word can only be used once, so once used no one can use it. 🙂
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 05:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    SDA - Stupid Dumb Atheist
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 06:38

"Whoever lives that life are with Christ, and Christ with them, regardless of religion."

What if their religion denies Jesus?
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 02:21
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Jesus didn't teach that!

If God wanted to save those that have not heard about Christ, why send Christ?
    That would mean that all of those that did hear would now be at risk, Christ would be a
    death sentence not life for them!

You are really jumping through hoops here to try and show anyone can be saved without
    Jesus Christ. The issue is that all of ...[text shortened]... gs again that are not sinful, but if they sin, they are sinners and will be judged
    accordingly.
    Hebrews 6New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Peril of Falling Away
    6 Therefore leaving the [a]elementary teaching about the [b]Christ, let us press on to [c]maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of instruction about washings and laying on of hands, and the resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do, if God permits. 4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, [d]since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. 7 For ground that drinks the rain which often [e]falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; 8 but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close [f]to being cursed, and [g]it ends up being burned.

What is this speaking of ?

Manny
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 02:58
    Originally posted by menace71
    Hebrews 6New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Peril of Falling Away
    6 Therefore leaving the [a]elementary teaching about the [b]Christ, let us press on to [c]maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of instruction about washings and laying on of hands, and the resurrection of the dead and eternal ...[text shortened]... ose [f]to being cursed, and [g]it ends up being burned.

What is this speaking of ?

Manny
    Those who fall away, you think it means someone else? There are a lot of warnings in
    scripture about that, you want more?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 03:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "Whoever lives that life are with Christ, and Christ with them, regardless of religion."

What if their religion denies Jesus?
    There are some that claim to know Christ with their mouth but deny Christ with their evil works.

there are some that accept the teachings of Christ by their works although they dont know of Him.

We will have to wait and see which group finds favour with Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree