The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
Comedy gold.
KellyJay can engage in "humility" if he wants to. He can engage in "self-exaltation" if he wants to. The discussion is about whether the tenets of his belief about himself and his fellow religionists can be described as engaging in "humility". I think not.

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
It would seem you don't actually understand what the discussion is about. The topic is about the gap between the last sentence of KellyJay's OP, on one hand, and the content of the ideology he propagates here, on the other.
Yes the topic always is about someone else's supposed lack of humility rather than your own.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
Yes the topic always is about someone else's supposed lack of humility rather than your own.
The topic is about the OP and the self-contradictory gap I mentioned.

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
The topic is about the OP and the self-contradictory gap I mentioned.
Yes it is not about your hypocrisy in being critical about people doing something that you personally don't believe to be wrong. This self-contradictory gap should just be ignored.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
Yes it is not about your hypocrisy in being critical about people doing something that you personally don't believe to be wrong. This self-contradictory gap should just be ignored.
There is no hypocrisy on my part. You are not using the word "hypocrisy" correctly - in a way not dissimilar to KellyJay's incorrect use of the word "humility".

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
There is no hypocrisy on my part. You are not using the word "hypocrisy" correctly - in a way not dissimilar to KellyJay's incorrect use of the word "humility".
Obviously someone that lacks humility will never admit to hypocrisy.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
Obviously someone that lacks humility will never admit to hypocrisy.
There's no problem with lacking humility per se. The issue is the disconnect I've been drawing attention to. It's OK by me if you or I or KellyJay "lack humility". The issue is the ideological disconnect which I described on page 1 as self-deceiving.

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
There's no problem with lacking humility per se. The issue is the disconnect I've been drawing attention to. It's OK by me if you or I or KellyJay "lack humility". The issue is the ideological disconnect which I described on page 1 as self-deceiving.
You only have a problem with 'lacking humility' when it suits your purposes. And that dear sir is why I think you are a hypocrite.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
You only have a problem with 'lacking humility' when it suits your purposes. And that dear sir is why I think you are a hypocrite.
The "problem" is the disconnect. See page 1. Like I said at the top of this page: KellyJay can engage in "humility" if he wants to; he can engage in "self-exaltation" if he wants to. No problem. "Humility" is not the issue or problem, in and of itself. The issue is the ideological inconsistency and, for all intents and purposes, the misuse of the word "humility".

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
The "problem" is the disconnect. See page 1. Like I said at the top of this page: KellyJay can engage in "humility" if he wants to; he can engage in "self-exaltation" if he wants to. No problem. "Humility" is not the issue or problem, in and of itself. The issue is the ideological inconsistency and, for all intents and purposes, the misuse of the word "humility".
Why then do you see a 'disconnect' or 'ideological inconsistency' if 'humility' or rather the lack of it isn't a problem?

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
Why then do you see a 'disconnect' or 'ideological inconsistency' if 'humility' or rather the lack of it isn't a problem?
You just need to read what I have posted on this thread to see what I believe the inconsistency issue is.

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
You just need to read what I have posted on this thread to see what I believe the inconsistency issue is.
Comedy gold. Dodge noted.

F

Moves
09 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
Comedy gold. Dodge noted.
Declining to copy paste the posts I made on the first four pages of this thread ~ and then reposting them here for you on page six ~ is not a "dodge".

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Oct 18

@karoly-aczel said
well yes , I'm despised by all. It comes with the territory.

I'm actually a nice kid ...
Kindly evidence.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 18

@fmf said
KellyJay can engage in "humility" if he wants to. He can engage in "self-exaltation" if he wants to. The discussion is about whether the tenets of his belief about himself and his fellow religionists can be described as engaging in "humility". I think not.
And?
You accuse, but that is all. I shared what I said "humility" was, went into detail.
All you have done is make accusations, you think not.
I cannot help what you think, the tenets of my faith says that all have sinned and
fallen short of the glory of God, that Jesus died for sinners, that only God is good.
So not much for a Christian to be personally proud of when it comes to his or her
own righteousness. You seem to be a judge here, condemning something in
others, specifically Christians. Care to share who made you the judge of another's
faith? I am fine when others tell me that they don't accept what I say, its on them
not me. You are condemning and accusing, so who are you again?