1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 07:35
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    G75 would be doing you a big favor by speaking the truth to you. Here's hoping he cares enough to do just that.
    if you are going to post scriptures do try to provide an explanation instead of treating
    them like some hackneyed platitude and then making ludicrous assertions, thanks in
    advance.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 08:111 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I hate to even bring this garbage back to life, but I have this thing that makes me do it, when I see a clear misunderstanding.

I never said he argued for the sake of arguing. I said he seems to argue for the sake of arguing, and then he answered the charge with an AFFIRMATIVE which I pointed out. Granted, his affirmative included the caveat that y strawmen and ad hominem attacks are diningenuous at best--dishonest at worst.
    So were you revealing the thoughts in your mind that FMF seems to argue for the sake of arguing, but you were not actually saying that you believe that to be true?

P.S. I must admit that it SEEMS that way to me too.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 11:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    if you are going to post scriptures do try to provide an explanation instead of treating
    them like some hackneyed platitude and then making ludicrous assertions, thanks in
    advance.
    If you see the words of Jesus as "hackneyed platitude", it's because you perceive them that way. I see them as deep and profound. It is your assertion that is "ludicrous".
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 11:58
    If you see the words of Jesus as "hackneyed platitude", it's because you perceive them that way. I see them as deep and profound. It is your assertion that is "ludicrous".
    I stated that your use of them is like a hackneyed platitude, perhaps you will now
    explain why you find them deep and profound seeing that you have so far, failed to do
    so.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 12:031 edit
    I stated that your use of them is like a hackneyed platitude, perhaps you will now
    explain why you find them deep and profound seeing that you have so far, failed to do
    so.
    I allowed His words to speak for themselves. How you perceive them is a reflection on you.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 12:07
    I allowed His words to speak for themselves. How you perceive them is a reflection on you.
    clearly i am too proud to understand them, will you not offer an explanation of their
    profundity and depth, so that we mere sinners can feed from the crumbs falling from
    the table of you, our master?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 12:361 edit
    clearly i am too proud to understand them, will you not offer an explanation of their
    profundity and depth, so that we mere sinners can feed from the crumbs falling from
    the table of you, our master?
    Do you believe this disingenuous line of inquiry makes you seem more or less prideful?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 12:48
    Do you believe this disingenuous line of inquiry makes you seem more or less prideful?
    what is disingenuous, i am a sinner, you have stated that i am too proud, clearly you
    are the only person who can offer us any insight.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 12:52
    what is disingenuous, i am a sinner, you have stated that i am too proud, clearly you
    are the only person who can offer us any insight.
    Have to believe that most anyone reading this would go with "more prideful".

G75 would be doing you a big favor by speaking the truth to you. Here's hoping he cares enough to do just that.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 12:54
    Have to believe that most anyone reading this would go with "more prideful".

and still not a single explanation, must we beg for crumbs from your table?
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 13:08
    and still not a single explanation, must we beg for crumbs from your table?
    The more you post, the more you demonstrate how ridiculously prideful you are.

Do you believe the following statement is true?
    "The proud person may not recognize that he is proud and may attribute his actions to other causes in order to avoid facing the fact of his pride."
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 13:45
    The more you post, the more you demonstrate how ridiculously prideful you are.

Do you believe the following statement is true?
    "The proud person may not recognize that he is proud and may attribute his actions to other causes in order to avoid facing the fact of his pride."
    all i want is for you to explain your scriptural reference, is it so much to ask?
  13. Joined
    18 Jun '09
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 13:51
    The forum need moderators. Not so much that people become irate and argue for the sake of it. People become insulting and aggressive because they can over the net knowing full well they cannot be touched. It’s haven for internet warriors. That's why I stay out of them, I have added one scientifically proven point on one thread and unless it can be scientifically (thus experimentally observable) I take very very little notice of counterpoints.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 13:57
    all i want is for you to explain your scriptural reference, is it so much to ask?
    ThinkOfOne's already explained it robbie. On page 16. "Your ridiculous behavior on the 'Forgiving Murderers' thread clearly and unquestionably shows that something is getting in the way of either your being able to see it or admit it. "Pride" seems to be a very likely candidate."
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 14:02
    Originally posted by nonamesleftatall
    The forum need moderators. Not so much that people become irate and argue for the sake of it. People become insulting and aggressive because they can over the net knowing full well they cannot be touched. It’s haven for internet warriors. That's why I stay out of them, I have added one scientifically proven point on one thread and unless it can be scientifically (thus experimentally observable) I take very very little notice of counterpoints.
    lighten up nonamesleftatall, get a sense of humour, go and see Madagascar 3, you are
    aware that this is spirituality and that many of the ideas and concepts cannot be
    reduced to either a material or rational basis, why should people limit their search for
    truth to purely unintelligent agencies?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree