What we believe in...

What we believe in...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
17 Jan 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I have already told you i am under duress to observe the laws of the UK therefore it is not permitted for me, as a Christian living here to own a slave.
I am not asking you about the "laws of the UK". I am asking you are you permitted - by the version of God you follow - to own slaves?

rc

Moves
17 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
OK, so you believe first century Christians were permitted by God to own slaves. What about eighteenth century Christians? Were they permitted by God to own slaves?
The Bible says as much you doofus! yes they were permitted to own slaves, it was not against the law was it. Dear oh dear, i refuse to believe you are so thick.

rc

Moves
17 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
I am not asking you about the "laws of the UK". I am asking you are you permitted - by the version of God you follow - to own slaves?
and i have given you the reason why it is not permitted for me to own a slave.

F

Moves
17 Jan 13

The Bible says as much you doofus! yes they were permitted to own slaves, it as not against the law was it.
What about twenty first century Christians? Are they permitted by God to own slaves?

rc

Moves
17 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
What about twenty first century Christians? Are they permitted by God to own slaves?
If its not against the law, yes.

F

Moves
17 Jan 13

and i have given you the reason why it is not permitted for me to own a slave.
Yes I understand the thing about UK law. I am not asking you about that. I am asking if you are permitted - by the version of God you follow - to own slaves?

rc

Moves
17 Jan 13
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Yes I understand the thing about UK law. I am not asking you about that. I am asking if you are permitted - [b]by the version of God you follow - to own slaves?[/b]
look i have answered you and i have given you the reason, stop being such a jerk and just accept it. As a resident of the UK according the God that i follow i am not permitted to own a slave, you got that spanky? What is hard for you to grasp, the words, shall I put them in bold?

F

Moves
17 Jan 13

Originally posted by sonship
So I would not submit that ONLY Bible readers were repulsed by slavery.
I do believe that the God created concience is within all of His created humans.
robbie appears to be asserting that twenty first century Christians are permitted by God to own slaves, or would if local secular laws would allow it.

Do you agree with this?

rc

Moves
17 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
robbie appears to be asserting that twenty first century Christians are permitted by God to own slaves, or would if local secular laws would allow it.

Do you agree with this?
I do not seem to be asserting anything, I have asserted it you dolt. Now you will tell the forum why it is not acceptable according to the God of the Bible, after all, you have stated that the Laws have changed. Perhaps your assertions may have more substance than your usual servings of boiled cabbage and limp vegetables.

F

Moves
17 Jan 13

As a resident of the UK according the God that i follow i am not permitted to own a slave, you got that spanky? What is hard for you to grasp, the words, shall I put them in bold?
I am not talking about UK law. I am talking about God's law. You declare yourself 'permitted by God to own slaves', right? Just to be clear.

rc

Moves
17 Jan 13
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I am not talking about UK law. I am talking about God's law. You declare yourself 'permitted by God to own slaves', right? Just to be clear.
That is according to Gods law you reprobate, Romans chapter 13, look, I have stated that according to Gods law as a resident of the UK i am not permitted to own slaves, why are you now saying that I am permitted and that i have claimed that i am permitted, clearly anyone can see that i have stated three or four times that I am not permitted according to Gods laws to own slaves (Romans chapter 13), why are you really just being a complete dick? Do you like to lie and misrepresent what other people have stated? For that's what you are doing? Is it really the only way you can argue with people, to misrepresent their stance? why are you just an internet troll? Is it your vocation in life to troll the internet, lyingly misrepresenting what other people have said? Thankyou for demonstrating what we have known all along that you are a completely insincere and insidious liar. Greasmonkey, where are you, FMF troll away!

F

Moves
17 Jan 13

...why are you really just being a complete dick? Do you like to lie and misrepresent what other people have stated? For that's what you are doing? Is it really the only way you can argue with people, to misrepresent their stance? why are you just an internet troll? Is it your vocation in life to troll the internet, lyingly misrepresenting what other people have said? Thankyou for demonstrating what we have known all along that you are a completely insincere and insidious liar.

People can just go back and read our discussion and see if these personal remarks of yours are justified.

I have started a new thread to see if your views on whether or not God permits you to own slaves is a view commonly held by other Christians in this community.

rc

Moves
17 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
[b]...why are you really just being a complete dick? Do you like to lie and misrepresent what other people have stated? For that's what you are doing? Is it really the only way you can argue with people, to misrepresent their stance? why are you just an internet troll? Is it your vocation in life to troll the internet, lyingly misrepresenting what other people ...[text shortened]... ot God permits you to own slaves is a view commonly held by other Christians in this community.
whatever, as far as i am concerned you have simply demonstrated the kind of person we know you to be a slanderous and insidious liar, thank you for demonstrating it. Time for you to go back on ignore again troll, life really is so much better without you. Have a pleasant day.

F

Moves
17 Jan 13
1 edit

whatever, as far as i am concerned you have simply demonstrated the kind of person we know you to be a slanderous and insidious liar, thank you for demonstrating it. Time for you to go back on ignore again troll, life really is so much better without you. Have a pleasant day.
People can go back and judge for themselves whether I am a "liar". I asked you if twenty first century Christians are permitted by God to own slaves and you said yes, as long as its not against the law. You pointed out that slavery in the U.K. is illegal. But you have asserted that, if it were not for secular laws, Christians are permitted to own slaves. People can see for themselves. I have started a new thread about it.

rc

Moves
17 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
People can go back and judge for themselves whether I am a "liar". I asked you if twenty first century Christians are permitted by God to own slaves and you said yes, as long as its not against the law. You pointed out that slavery in the U.K. is illegal. But you have asserted that, secular laws aside, Christians are permitted to own slaves. People can see for themselves. I have started a new thread about it.
you made your thread personal to me despite me telling you time and again that i am not permitted to own a slave, that makes you a slanderer, thanks.