1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:131 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you made your thread personal to me despite me telling you time and again that i am not permitted to own a slave, that makes you a slanderer, thanks.
    Well we have been in a one to one conversation, so yes it has been personal in that sense. You said that U.K. law does not permit you to own slaves - that I understand. But you also asserted that God's law permits you to own slaves.

I said to sonship: robbie appears to be asserting that twenty first century Christians are permitted by God to own slaves, or would if local secular laws would allow it.

And you interjected and said: I do not seem to be asserting anything, I have asserted it you dolt. Now you will tell the forum why it is not acceptable according to the God of the Bible, after all, you have stated that the Laws have changed.

I don't see where the "slander" is.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:171 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well we have been in a one to one conversation, so yes it has been personal in that sense. You said that U.K. law does not permit you to own slaves - that I understand. But you also asserted that God's law permits you to own slaves.

I said to sonship: [b]robbie appears to be asserting that twenty first century Christians are permitted by God to own slaves, o ...[text shortened]... all, you have stated that the Laws have changed.

I don't see where the "slander" is.[/b]
    If you were genuinely interested in the subject, you should have easily stated that the Bible itself does not forbid the owning of slaves, unless of course you have evidence to the contrary, but noooo, you could not do it, you had to make it personal, that makes you a slanderer.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:29
    If you were genuinely interested in the subject, you should have easily stated that the Bible itself does not forbid the owning of slaves, unless of course you have evidence to the contrary, but noooo, you could not do it, you had to make it personal, that makes you a slanderer.
    You have made it clear that if U.K. were to permit slavery, you would be permitted by your God to own slaves. There is no "slander" involved in me encapsulating your view as such.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have made it clear that if U.K. were to permit slavery, you would be permitted by your God to own slaves. There is no "slander" involved in me encapsulating your view as such.
    yes it is because you have made it personal to me, my stance was Biblically based, that makes you a slanderer.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:39
    yes it is because you have made it personal to me, my stance was Biblically based, that makes you a slanderer.
    No. There has been no slander. You cannot pick out even one post of mine that was slanderous. And that is because there has been no slander.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. There has been no slander. You cannot pick out even one post of mine that was slanderous. And that is because there has been no slander.
    you have misrepresented the Biblical stance and portrayed it as my personal stance, you are a a slanderer.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 17:57
    you have misrepresented the Biblical stance and portrayed it as my personal stance, you are a a slanderer.
    Is your personal stance somehow different from the "Biblical stance"?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 18:051 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is your personal stance somehow different from the "Biblical stance"?
    Yes it is, but we are not discussing my personal opinions, we are discussing the Biblical perspective.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 18:08
    Yes it is, but we are not discussing my personal opinions, we are discussing the Biblical perspective.
    Your personal stance is different from the "Biblical stance"? How so?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 18:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your personal stance is [b]different from the "Biblical stance"? How so?[/b]
    none of your business, you got that, good, then lets leave it at that.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 18:22
    none of your business, you got that, good, then lets leave it at that.
    My views on slavery are not the same as your "Biblical stance". I have no objection to being totally open with you about this.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 18:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    My views on slavery are not the same as your "Biblical stance". I have no objection to being totally open with you about this.
    then good for you, but i am not arguing on behalf of myself, thanks.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 18:32
    then good for you, but i am not arguing on behalf of myself, thanks.
    Do you concur with the "Biblical stance"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree