Why torturing people for eternity is wrong

Why torturing people for eternity is wrong

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
26 Jun 18

Originally posted by @whodey
The question is not will people go to hell, rather, the question is, will they be separated from their children when the go? 😛
Presumably, a lot of folks out there would be happy if the children were tossed into hell too. You know, for the sake of the family unit (which they ironically hated before a few weeks ago).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Jun 18

The question is not will people go to hell, rather, the question is, will they be separated from their children when the go? 😛
Someone once told me, you'll be alone in that suffering too. Don't know how they came up
with that, I wouldn't think it would matter. All jokes aside.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
26 Jun 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Not my call
Oh dear...

I’m not asking you if it’s your “call” to supernaturally keep a person in a state of consciousness existence in order to burn them alive for eternity.

I’m saying it is wrong to do so, and I’m asking you if you think it wrong too?

Do you?

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
26 Jun 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
So what is your scriptural basis to counter all of the references to hell?

Maybe if you believe in God but not in the Bible, Christianity is not for you.
Have you even bothered to read my OP.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
26 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @chaney3
Dive has said in the past that he would discard the New Testament before he believes in scriptures about hell.

I'm curious about how he will respond.
I’ll respond by asking you to not misquote nor misrepresent me.

What I said was - if the scriptures referencing the burning alive of people for eternity in hell were, as interpreted by those propagating the gospel, literal and therefore the god of the bible was indeed deliberately creating a place of the most unimaginable horror, then I would reject the entire books of the bible as written by those people who had propagated this awful lie.

That is very different to what you claimed I said.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
26 Jun 18

Why not read the Bible?
Why not read my whole OP and comment on that.

I believe that supernaturally keeping a person in a state of consciousness existence in order to burn them alive for eternity is wrong.

Do you?

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
26 Jun 18
1 edit

Right.

I think most humans of our time would gladly opt for some kind of near universal purgatory that purifies our souls before going to heaven, and an annihilationist hell.

But... these positions are not overwhelmingly supported.

If you believe in Christ, you must rely on the only known reliable source for his teachings... and if you do not ...[text shortened]... one in a certain way. That's just a fact. Otherwise, you are following yourself, and not Christ.
No wrong. What Chaney3 said (about me) was completely and totally wrong. So your follow up to it is irrelevant in this exchange.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
26 Jun 18

It feels like Dive and many other liberal Christians just decide to believe what they want.
Never mind what things “feel” like, stick to the facts. Here’s a fact and a follow up question for you...

I believe that supernaturally keeping a person in a state of consciousness existence in order to burn them alive for eternity is wrong.

Do you?

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
26 Jun 18

I can only imagine what it must have been like walking into the killing fields of the Nazi concentration camps.
There really is no reasoning with evil.
So a temporary man made concentration camp is “evil” but a supernatural god-made version of a concentration camp which is eternal and where the most vile atrocity conceivable is taking place...is not evil??

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
26 Jun 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @sonship
Divegeester brags that he "pretty much" answers every question put to him, unequivocally and immediately.
How very impressive!

Can ANYONE point me to his answer to this ??
WHO PUT THESE WORDS INTO THE MOUTH OF JESUS ??
[b] "But I will show you whom you should fear, fear Him who after killing, has the authority to cast into Gehenna, yes, I tell you, fear this One." (Luke 12:5)
Sure, Jesus did, god did. What’s the big deal. Now you still won’t answer my question to you will you?

You are a spiritual coward sonship.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
26 Jun 18

Originally posted by @js357
You at least show signs of appcreiating the enormity of the matter. Practically by definition, Hell exceeds in its horror anything any of us can imagine, right? Its contemplation alone, should be more horrible an experience than one that could reduce us to quivering blobs of endless pain, right? Otherwise, if we think that God places a limit on our imaginatio ...[text shortened]... that pole to nothing was hardly a start to your days, if you were watching from a lake of fire.
Good post, thanks.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
26 Jun 18

It doesn’t take long in debate before you feel the need to smear the walls of your cell with your own faeces does it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Jun 18

Credit where credit's due whodey. Lmfao

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
26 Jun 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
God is not playing around with evil/sin all not covered in Christ will die in their sins. Which is why He is trying to save us!
If your version of god is trying to desperately save us from himself burning us alive for eternity, why not decide to not burn people alive for eternity in the first place.

Hell and the eternal torture going on in it, is a place deliberately and especially created by your version of god (not mine). You really need to stop and think about the ridiculous negative circular logic of your premise.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
26 Jun 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Presumably, a lot of folks out there would be happy if the children were tossed into hell too. You know, for the sake of the family unit (which they ironically hated before a few weeks ago).
Your frivolity at your own disgusting religious beliefs truly appals me.