Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 19 Jan '10 20:49
    it's extremely close and they have to spend three months or more on recounts, legal challenges, and all the other fun stuff that the Franken-Coleman drama offered us.

of course, all the talking heads on both sides would love it.
  2. 20 Jan '10 01:23
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    it's extremely close and they have to spend three months or more on recounts, legal challenges, and all the other fun stuff that the Franken-Coleman drama offered us.

Oh no,, please spare us, a clear win tonight would be great
  3. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    20 Jan '10 02:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Melanerpes

Fortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Edits: The nets are now all calling the race for Brown.
  4. 20 Jan '10 02:36 / 1 edit
    I'm not at all pleased about this, but one faint hope of promise that I see is that brown appears to be a fiscal conservative and a social moderate. I understand that he is pro choice.

I can handle a fiscal conservative movement as long as it isn't dominated by the religous right.
  5. Standard member monster truck
    Walleye Guy
    20 Jan '10 13:15
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I'm not at all pleased about this, but one faint hope of promise that I see is that brown appears to be a fiscal conservative and a social moderate. I understand that he is pro choice.

I can handle a fiscal conservative movement as long as it isn't dominated by the religous right.
    I think Brown talks like an independent and will probably side with the Repubs on most financial issues. It will be interesting to see just how independent he is over the next couple of years.