Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    11 May '09 18:19
    Isn't it ironic that the papacy semi-supported (at least didn't openly condemn) the nazis during WWII and now that the Israeli's are behaving like nazis towards the Palestinians... lo and behold! They're over there rimming them?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8043113.stm

I'm sure in 40 years time, during Vatican III, they'll sheepishly say: "But some of us hid the odd Palestinian here and there."

Religious bastards.
  2. 11 May '09 18:26
    Yes, it is ironic.
  3. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    11 May '09 18:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yes, it is ironic.
    Equally ironic that the Sri Lankan government has liquidated six times as many civilians in the last few months as the Israelis in Cast Lead but have attracted less than one sixth the I-give-a-toss of the watching world.

Or that the Pakistanis have achieved a similar civilian kill rate in the Swat valley with similar lack of affect.
  4. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    11 May '09 19:17
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Equally ironic that the Sri Lankan government has liquidated six times as many civilians in the last few months as the Israelis in Cast Lead but have attracted less than one sixth the I-give-a-toss of the watching world.

Or that the Pakistanis have achieved a similar civilian kill rate in the Swat valley with similar lack of affect.
    I totally agree. Those Buddist and Moslim bastards are just as bad.

Start your own bloody thread though. This one's sole purpose is to dis Catholics and Jews.
  5. 11 May '09 19:23
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage

True, it's funny (not ha-ha funny) how this particular conflict gets so much attention merely because of a WW2 trauma.
  6. 11 May '09 19:25
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Isn't it ironic that the papacy semi-supported (at least didn't openly condemn) the nazis during WWII and now that the Israeli's are behaving like nazis towards the Palestinians... lo and behold! They're over there rimming them?

I'm sure in 40 years time, during Vatican III, they'll sheepishly say: "But some of us hid the odd Palestinian here and there."

Religious bastards.
    That's why I despise the Pope, and I'm going to demonstrate my solid flair for campaigning when I watch Angels and Demons before going to Lebanon next week.
  7. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    11 May '09 19:46
    Originally posted by scherzo
    That's why I despise the Pope, and I'm going to demonstrate my solid flair for campaigning when I watch Angels and Demons before going to Lebanon next week.
    Wasn't angels and demons about the LHC in geneva?
    Oooops. Did I just give away the plot?

Don't worry. If the film's as crap as the book, it's nothing to worry about.
  8. 11 May '09 19:56

Religious bastards.
    I cannot believe that you are so out of touch with reality that you would actually put the state of Israel on par with the nazis in WWII.

I'm not saying that Israel is innocent or anything like that, but come on get a grip!
  9. 11 May '09 20:18
    Wasn't angels and demons about the LHC in geneva?
    Oooops. Did I just give away the plot?

Don't worry. If the film's as crap as the book, it's nothing to worry about.
    I liked Da Vinci Code (book and movie) but I haven't read (or seen) Angels and Demons.
  10. 11 May '09 20:19
    Originally posted by Ullr
    I cannot believe that you are so out of touch with reality that you would actually put the state of Israel on par with the nazis in WWII.

I'm not saying that Israel is innocent or anything like that, but come on get a grip!
    Rational people have been saying that since before its foundation. Even Arendt and Einstein.
  11. Standard member Redmike
    Godless Commie
    11 May '09 20:32
    Rational people have been saying that since before its foundation. Even Arendt and Einstein.
    Since before its foundation?

People were comparing israel to the nazis before israel was founded?
  12. 11 May '09 20:34
    Originally posted by Redmike
    Since [b]before its foundation?

People were comparing israel to the nazis before israel was founded?[/b]
    People saw fascist elements rising in the Zionist entity before 1948, yes. Back when the Irgun and LHI were absolutely annihilating Palestinian populations in what would become the (unofficial, even today) borders of the Zionist state.
  13. Standard member Redmike
    Godless Commie
    11 May '09 20:41
    People saw fascist elements rising in the Zionist entity before 1948, yes. Back when the Irgun and LHI were absolutely annihilating Palestinian populations in what would become the (unofficial, even today) borders of the Zionist state.
    Fascist elements is hardly the same as 'on a par with the Nazis'.
  14. 11 May '09 20:42
    Originally posted by Redmike
    Fascist elements is hardly the same as 'on a par with the Nazis'.
    Then can you explain why the Nazis were somehow not fascist and not sympathetic to Zionist goals?
  15. Standard member Redmike
    Godless Commie
    11 May '09 20:48
    Then can you explain why the Nazis were somehow not fascist and not sympathetic to Zionist goals?
    I didn't say the nazis weren't fascist.

I said that fascist elements within zionism, which I don't dispute, doesn't equate to israel being on a par with the nazis before it was founded.