Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    25 Aug '14 21:17
    Mazlberg | Brigitte Gabriel to discuss Hamas and the obscene treatment of Christians in Iraq by ISIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LisPjlrN69g
  2. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    25 Aug '14 21:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Mazlberg | Brigitte Gabriel to discuss Hamas and the obscene treatment of Christians in Iraq by ISIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LisPjlrN69g
    I'm not going to watch one of your videos on YouTube. I doubt very much that many other people looking at this forum are either. Do you want to give a brief synopsis.

I don't think it helps the world to confabulate Hamas with ISIS.
  3. 25 Aug '14 22:04
    Originally posted by DeepThought to RJHinds
    I'm not going to watch one of your videos on YouTube. I doubt very much that many other people looking at this forum are either. Do you want to give a brief synopsis.

Hamas seems much closer to the Muslim Brotherhood (which won a
    democratic election a few years ago in Egypt) than to ISIS.
  4. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    25 Aug '14 23:38
    Originally posted by DeepThought

Suit yourself. They are both terrorist Jihadists seeking sharia law and Islamic domination and therefore cut from the same Islamic cloth.
  5. Standard member Paullli
    Agnost
    26 Aug '14 00:04
    It's all evolution RJ, action = reaction. Time will heal some wounds, other wounds will show up.

Oh, I forgot: You don't believe in evolution.

Praise the Lord, whatever his name is.
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    26 Aug '14 02:36
    Originally posted by Paullli
    It's all evolution RJ, action = reaction. Time will heal some wounds, other wounds will show up.

Oh, I forgot: You don't believe in evolution.

Praise the Lord, whatever his name is.
    Harold.

Our Father who art in Heaven, Harold be thy name...
  7. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    26 Aug '14 09:40 / 2 edits
    Suit yourself. They are both terrorist Jihadists seeking sharia law and Islamic domination and therefore cut from the same Islamic cloth.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35MNSW2UnlE

This is a lengthy but interesting interview with the late Edward Said, a Christian born in Jerusalem - his mother from Nazareth - who was unable to return because he was classified as Palestinian by the apartheid regime. Clearly he was a man of great dignity and earned the immense respect which he came to enjoy as an American academic.
  8. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    26 Aug '14 09:42
    An undemocratic, violent, modern ideology basing its laws on a fanatic and unhistorical reading of its religious scriptures. Where has RJH referred to anything similar recently? Here -
    Many religious Jews hold that the only real constitution for a Jewish state is the Torah and the Jewish law (halakhah) that flows from it. They not only see no need for a modern secular constitution, but even see in such a document a threat to the supremacy of the Torah ...
    Instead of trying to enact a Basic Law which secures all civil rights, it decided to adopt a gradualistic approach, attacking the central issues one after the other. Passage of these Basic Laws was achieved by virtually total cooperation with representatives of the religious parties.
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=160133&page=45
  9. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    26 Aug '14 14:32
    Originally posted by finnegan
    An undemocratic, violent, modern ideology basing its laws on a fanatic and unhistorical reading of its religious scriptures. Where has RJH referred to anything similar recently? Here -
    Many religious Jews hold that the only real constitution for a Jewish state is the Torah and the Jewish law (halakhah) that flows from it. They not only see no need f ...[text shortened]... ligious parties.
    This has nothing to do with Muslim terrorist Jihadists seeking sharia law and Islamic domination. The Jews seek only to have a state in which they can practice their religion among themselves and live in peace with their neighbors.
  10. 26 Aug '14 16:21
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Harold.

Our Father who art in Heaven, Harold be thy name...
    Howard be Thy name.
  11. 26 Aug '14 17:29
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Hamas seems much closer to the Muslim Brotherhood (which won a
    democratic election a few years ago in Egypt) than to ISIS.
    Regardless of how each group is viewed, they all seem to have a lot of common goals, differing primarily in the methods of reaching those goals.

To some extent there is some overlap in both goals and methods.
  12. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    26 Aug '14 17:31
    This has nothing to do with Muslim terrorist Jihadists seeking sharia law and Islamic domination. The Jews seek only to have a state in which they can practice their religion among themselves and live in peace with their neighbors.
    The Zionists seek only to have a state in which they can practice their religion among themselves and ethnically cleanse their neighbors.
  13. 26 Aug '14 17:42
    Originally posted by finnegan
    The Zionists seek only to have a state in which they can practice their religion among themselves and ethnically cleanse their neighbors.
    Just curious, but can you show us one of these Zionist spokesmen? saying what you say they say?
  14. 26 Aug '14 18:34
    Originally posted by Finnegan to RJHinds
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35MNSW2UnlE

This is a lengthy but interesting interview with the late Edward Said, a Christian born in Jerusalem - his mother from Nazareth - who was unable to return because he was classified as Palestinian by the apartheid regime. Clearly he was a man of great dignity and earned the immense respect which he came to enjoy as an American academic.
    In earlier threads, I already have mentioned that Palestinian Christians
    have been some of the most important and influential figures in the PLO
    and in Palestinian cultural and intellectual life.

Actually, I was slightly acquainted with Edward Said, and some of my friends
    or acquaintances knew him better than I did. An American professor of
    English (who said he's half-Jewish) told me that, during their two years
    together as roommates at university, he never heard Edward Said make
    even one anti-Jewish remark.

As probably the most famous US citizen of Palestinian heritage, Edward Said
    was a longtime target of an extreme pro-Israeli campaign of personal defamation.
    'Commentary' (a right-wing American Jewish magazine) commissioned
    articles allegedly 'proving' Edward Said had lied about his Palestinian origins.
    That (absurd) pro-Israeli tactic seemed to be to deny that Edward Said was
    a Palestinian at all or in any position to speak on behalf of Palestinians.
    Edward Said wrote that he avoided suing for libel because he lacked the
    time, energy, and resources to keep fighting in US courts against as vastly
    more powerful and wealthy pro-Israeli propaganda machine.

Sometimes Edward Said (who said that never had carried a gun) was even
    demonized as a 'Muslim terrorist' by supporters of Israel who ignorantly
    presumed that, as a Palestinian, he must be a Muslim, and, as a critic of
    Israel, he must be a 'terrorist'. On one occasion, when visiting Lebanon,
    Edward Said picked up and threw a stone (it hit no one) toward Israel as
    a symbolic gesture of solidarity with the Intifada, and supporters of Israel
    attempted to argue that his act 'proved' that Edward Said's a 'terrorist'.

As I recall, according to Noam Chomsky (a close friend), Edward Said was
    the target of so many serious threats of violence that the NYPD installed a
    special direct connection to his home in New York City. If someone tried to
    break in to kill Edward Said, then his family could contact the NYPD directly
    without having first to go through 911 and explain the situation.

One of Edward Said's closest friends was Daniel Barenboim, an Israeli Jew
    who decided to accept Palestinian nationality as well. If Daniel Barenboim
    and Edward Said could have represented Israel and the Palestinians respectively,
    there would be peace between Israel and the Palestinians today.
  15. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    26 Aug '14 20:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Just curious, but can you show us one of these Zionist spokesmen? saying what you say they say?
    As regards the determination to form a Jewish state, RJH has done that for us, as already quoted several times but here we go again:
    Many religious Jews hold that the only real constitution for a Jewish state is the Torah and the Jewish law (halakhah) that flows from it. They not only see no need for a modern secular constitution, but even see in such a document a threat to the supremacy of the Torah ...
    Instead of trying to enact a Basic Law which secures all civil rights, it decided to adopt a gradualistic approach, attacking the central issues one after the other. Passage of these Basic Laws was achieved by virtually total cooperation with representatives of the religious parties.
    Kindly remember that this material was first posted by RJH and not by me. As a fundamentalist Christian (of some denomination or other - who can say?) he takes it on himself to endorse the Zionist programme and has confirmed ( a week or so back) that this is partly because it resonates with the Book of Revelations. Obviously he is a nut but then, obviously the Zionists are dangerous nuts as well.

As regards ethnic cleansing, you may have noticed that there are some Palestinain refugees who have been forcibly removed from their land and homes and are prevented from returning. Edward Said was one. The term "ethnic cleansing" is fully justified in a number of recent histories if you need a reference. You may care to cast your mind over the situation of some 1.5 million Palestinian refugees in Gaza at the moment and remind yourself why they are stateless and subject to severe political, economic as well as military repression.

Generally, my remark is the cumulative result of much earlier debate and hence maybe you need to refer back through a few relevant and recent threads to catch up. In particular, in recent days I have posted a lot of evidence supporting the description of Israel as an apartheid state, far too much to repeat it all when they are already there for you to read.