Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 11:072 edits
    This is the best explanation of the success of Trump that I've seen yet.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/09/27/cold-anger/

There’s a new meme being proclaimed from the executive suites of Park Row. Encapsulated it says: “Donald Trump’s supporters are angry“.

Yeah, so? At this point, if you are on a team thinking this entire assembly of our union is headed in the right direction… you might want to revisit your proximity to the ballpark. If you look around at the passing landscape you’ll find your autopilot has taken you, not just out of the city, but out of the state the ballpark is located in…..

There’s a level of anger far deeper and more consequential than expressed rage or visible behavior. Cold Anger does not need to go to violence. For those who carry it, no conversation is needed. You cannot poll or measure it; and even those who carry it avoid discussion. And that decision has nothing whatsoever to do with any form of correctness.

Cold Anger is not hatred, it is far more purposeful.

Cold Anger absorbs betrayal silently, often prudently.

We’ve watched the shooting of cops, and the parades which follow, absorbing. Cold Anger takes notice of the liars, even from a great distance – seemingly invisible to the mob. Cold Anger will still hold open the door for the parade goer. Mannerly.

Cold Anger evidenced is more severe because it is more strategic.

Cold Anger does not gloat; it absorbs consistent vilification and ridicule as fuel. This sensibility does not want to exist, it is forced to exist in otherwise unwilling hosts – who also refuse to be destabilized by it.

Deliberate intent and prudence will insure avoiding failure. The course, is thoughtful vigilance; a strategy devoid of emotion.
    Foolishness and betrayal of our nation have served to reveal dangers within our present condition. Misplaced corrective action, regardless of intent, is neither safe nor wise.

Cold Anger is not driven to act in spite of itself; it drives a reckoning.

When the well adorned lady leaves the checkout line carrying steaks and shrimp using an EBT card, the door is still held open for her; yet notations necessarily embed.

When the U.S. flag lay gleefully undefended, they do not lay unnoticed.

When a school community cannot openly pray, it does not mean the prayerful were absent.

When a liar seems to win, it is not without observation. Many – more than the minority would like to admit – know the difference between science, clocks and political agenda.

Cold Anger perceives deception the way a long-term battered spouse absorbs the blow in the hours prior to the pre-planned exit; with purpose.

A shield, or cry of micro-aggression will provide no benefit, nor quarter. Delicate sensibilities are dispatched like a feather in a hurricane. Pushed far enough, decisions are reached.

You conservative pundits still don't get it. Trump is not our candidate, he is our murder weapon, and the GOP is our victim.

......we good now?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 12:05
    Originally posted by whodey

There’s a new meme being proclaimed from the executive suites of Park Row. Encapsulated it says: “Donald Trump’s supporters are angry“.

Yeah, so? At this point, if you are on a team thinking this entire assembly of our u ...[text shortened]... is not our candidate, he is our murder weapon, and the GOP is our victim.

......we good now?
    That has been predicted for months, Trump has a Summer fling with high poll numbers but already, since the debate, Fiona and Bensen have pushed up to where Bensen is neck and neck with Trump and it will just get worse for Trump since he does not have a deep base, only the shallow base of the angry voters. He will be down in the polls in another month.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 13:09
    Ah, I see there is a new code word for "racism."
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 14:21
    Hillary is a shoo-in for the nomination, and she beats Trump (33% to win the nomination) in the general.
    Bush (33😵 is a favorite to beat Hillary
    Rubio (33😵 beats Hillary. He's charismatic and very good on TV.

The question the cold anger people have to answer is how badly do they want to beat Hillary.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 14:28
    Is "Cold Anger" just another term for "feeling more and more irrelevant"?

Do you have a lot of "cold anger", Whoods?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 19:087 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Is "Cold Anger" just another term for "feeling more and more irrelevant"?

Do you have a lot of "cold anger", Whoods?
    More irrelevant? I was never relevant.

Unfortunately, most seem to feel that they are losing relevance but it is an illusion. They were never relavent. I've simply come to the conclusion long ago that the current system has not changed and is unchangable except to continue to transform it into a much more centralized and totalitarian system. As the economy fails and standards of living decline, you will see more and more horse and pony shows like Trump to try and divert attention away from the real problems.

I was reading an article about Trumps health care plan in regards to Obamacare. It seems he calls for even more centralized control. Lemmings will ignore this and instead latch onto his rhetorical venom towards the establisment with glee.

Shrug. Voters are stupid, which is why democracy is but a sham.
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 19:10

Yeah, so? At this point, if you are on a team thinking this entire assembly of our u ...[text shortened]... is not our candidate, he is our murder weapon, and the GOP is our victim.

......we good now?
    That sounds true to me, but since we have 13 more months of political drivel before we get to vote, at least we get to listen to some light entertainment.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 19:17
    Originally posted by bill718
    That sounds true to me, but since we have 13 more months of political drivel before we get to vote, at least we get to listen to some light entertainment.
    You find Trump entertaining? I didn't even like his reality show.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 20:22
    More irrelevant? I was never relevant.

Unfortunately, most seem to feel that they are losing relevance but it is an illusion. They were never relavent. I've simply come to the conclusion long ago that the current system has not changed and is unchangable except to continue to transform it into a much more centralized and totalitarian system. As the eco ...[text shortened]... the establisment with glee.

Shrug. Voters are stupid, which is why democracy is but a sham.
    Yup, as I thought. A lot of "cold anger".

Carry on 🙂
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 21:53
    Yup, as I thought. A lot of "cold anger".

Carry on 🙂
    I see things like baby parts being sold for profit at taxpayer expense and I have to admit, I do get angry.

I don't understand why others are happy as clams. They are just cold minus the anger.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 22:23
    I see things like baby parts being sold for profit at taxpayer expense and I have to admit, I do get angry.

I don't understand why others are happy as clams. They are just cold minus the anger.
    Not just that, but dirrrrrrty gays are getting married as well!

What do they know of the sanctity of marriage?

Yup, you're world is crumbling. And there's nothing you can do about it. Good thing as well, because you're not even trying 😀
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 23:321 edit
    Not just that, but dirrrrrrty gays are getting married as well!

What do they know of the sanctity of marriage?

Yup, you're world is crumbling. And there's nothing you can do about it. Good thing as well, because you're not even trying 😀
    In case you had not noticed, everyones world is crumbling

Aren't you one of those chicken littles running around saying that global warming is going to destroy us all? What are you doing other than whining about it?

Yea, raise taxes, that should fix everything.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 06:28

Aren't you one of those chicken littles running around saying that global warming is going to destroy us all? What are you doing other than whining about it?

Nope. Slowly but surely the world is getting to be a better place. We still have some problems of course, but we're getting there.

But then, I'm not a hopelessly outdated conservative.

😀
  14. Germany
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 06:42

Sorry whodey, but most people are doing fine. The problem is you, not the world.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 07:37
    Awww.... poor Whodey. Mister Frowny Face among a party of smiling people. I feel bad for the fellow.

Cheer up, Whodey. This life will end eventually. You won't have to endure this for all eternity 😉