Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 07:02
    How long will it take to dust themselves off and get on with their lives? A few months back I said it would take a year or two for the hysteria to die down after Trump is elected... please, someone tell me I'm wrong!
    PLEASE!!

YouTube
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 07:261 edit
    Tell me it will last maybe 9 months, a year tops. Any good news is welcome, you have no idea what it would mean to me.

Never imagined saying this, but now I actually miss seeing Mz Clinton in her baggy pant suits, screeching out her message of... whatever it was she was saying... I don't care anymore what it was. Compared to what I'm seeing and hearing now she looked and sounded like an angel singing in a heavenly choir.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 08:02
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Tell me it will last maybe 9 months, a year tops. Any good news is welcome, you have no idea what it would mean to me.

Never imagined saying this, but now I actually miss seeing Mz Clinton in her baggy pant suits, screeching out her message of... whatever it was she was saying... I don't care anymore what it was. Compared to what I'm seeing and hearing now she looked and sounded like an angel singing in a heavenly choir.
    I think you have a crush on the feisty one! 😵
  4. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 08:10
    I hope you yanks end up in a 12 year civil war.
    Culminating in nuclear strikes on New York and Little Rock, the renaming of Miami as Aleppo 2 and hordes of fleeing Americans being crushed against the US-Mexico wall.

God yes! Let it happen!
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 08:35
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I hope you yanks end up in a 12 year civil war.
    Culminating in nuclear strikes on New York and Little Rock, the renaming of Miami as Aleppo 2 and hordes of fleeing Americans being crushed against the US-Mexico wall.

God yes! Let it happen!
    Huh?

( apocalyptic apoplexy? )

I'm still trying to adjust to seeing simple minded apoplexy, so not quite ready yet for apocalyptic apologetics.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 08:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I think you have a crush on the feisty one! 😵
    I blame it on stockholm syndrome. It's not my fault, those loony liberals made me fall madly in love with... gack, I'm making myself feel sick... erp...

oh no, I'm gonna throw up...
  7. Germany
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 09:29
    Don't worry, Trump will be impeached, and we'll have Pence, the guy the establishment Republicans like and who's not going to cause a media fecal storm every other day with some idiotic tweet. Working class Americans are going to find out that - surprise, surprise - tax cuts and deregulation really don't bring the jobs back, and the cycle will begin anew.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 13:10
    Donald Trump will be reelected. We're going to have 8 years of Trump.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 13:34

Don't worry, you're going to have plenty of opportunities to hear that screeching shrill.
    The FBI will be compelled by Congress to sort through all of the Wikileaks pertinent to her criminal empire, and then her trial will begin.

In the national interest, I'm so tempted to allow her to escape the death sentence and/or life imprisonment in exchange for all wealth on hand as well as future earnings above and beyond a part-time minimum wage job--- sans benefits, of course.
    Let her be a greeter at one of Little Rock's three Walmarts.
    That almost seems fitting...
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 17:24

A little late to be coming to your senses.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 17:261 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    Donald Trump will be reelected. We're going to have 8 years of Trump.
    Americans are stupid, sure, I get that part.

But come on, there is no way we're that stupid.

"...I get on my knees and pray... We don't get fooled again."
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 17:301 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Don't worry, you're going to have plenty of opportunities to hear that screeching shrill.
    The FBI will be compelled by Congress to sort through all of the Wikileaks pertinent to her criminal empire, and then her trial will begin.

In the national interest, I'm so tempted to allow her to escape the death sentence and/or life imprisonment in exchan ...[text shortened]... rse.
    Let her be a greeter at one of Little Rock's three Walmarts.
    That almost seems fitting...
    There was nothing there before, and having a five-year-old child as president won't change that.

Funny how spending money on the underprivileged is somehow a crime, and yet spending untold millions on a goose chase is sensible.

Is this how far we've fallen?

I'm with Gregg Popovich... "We are Rome."
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 17:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Don't worry, Trump will be impeached, and we'll have Pence, the guy the establishment Republicans like and who's not going to cause a media fecal storm every other day with some idiotic tweet. Working class Americans are going to find out that - surprise, surprise - tax cuts and deregulation really don't bring the jobs back, and the cycle will begin anew.
    I wonder if I am the only one in America who thinks Pence might be worse than Trump.

Trump might not know what he's doing, but Pence would lead the nation down a rat hole knowing full well what he's doing.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 17:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I wonder if I am the only one in America who thinks Pence might be worse than Trump.

Trump might not know what he's doing, but Pence would lead the nation down a rat hole knowing full well what he's doing.
    I think Pence may very well be worse than Trump - I mean, in terms of policy, not in terms of making look America like a country full of idiots. For one thing, Pence is surely going to collaborate more closely with Congress, while Trump should be expected to go his own way (or the way his inner circle has convinced him to go).
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Nov '16 18:08
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I think Pence may very well be worse than Trump - I mean, in terms of policy, not in terms of making look America like a country full of idiots. For one thing, Pence is surely going to collaborate more closely with Congress, while Trump should be expected to go his own way (or the way his inner circle has convinced him to go).
    Exactly. Trump's propensity to 'shoot from the hip' and to 'go his own way', might be the only thing that keeps us out of a Great Depression this time. The last time there was a Republican House, a Republican Senate and a Republican White House was in 1929. The inauguration was March 4, Black Tuesday was October 29. It only took the unbridled Republican policies 239 days to toss the country down the rabbit hole.

That would give us Black Friday on September 16, 2017. Get the bunkers ready. Let's hope Trump gets in the Republicans' way, at least until the mid-term elections in 2018.