Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '15 18:432 edits
    https://www.yahoo.com/politics/a-frustrated-jeb-bush-unloads-on-donald-trump-135217135.html

Jeb Bush, as the rest of the Bush family, seem to remain cluelss.

How can Trump continue to go up in the polls as he spews non-PC rhetoric? Why do Trumps poll numbers seem to increase each time Trump is attacked in debates or in the media? How can the establishment candidate with all the money in the world continue to lose? How can his pedigree family be denied the White House?

His brother "W" led to Obama being elected twice, and it seems Jeb is doing the same with Hillary.

Hilarious.
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    23 Dec '15 19:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.yahoo.com/politics/a-frustrated-jeb-bush-unloads-on-donald-trump-135217135.html

Jeb Bush, as the rest of the Bush family, seem to remain cluelss.

How can Trump continue to go up in the polls as he spews non-PC rhetoric? Why do Trumps poll numbers seem to increase each time Trump is attacked in debates or in the media? How can the establish ...[text shortened]... led to Obama being elected twice, and it seems Jeb is doing the same with Hillary.

Hilarious.
    Like it or not, Jeb Bush is going to have to accept the fact that he's simply not going to be a factor in this election. "W" damaged the Bush name pretty badly with his less than honest justification for invading Iraq, and his less than stellar handling of the economy. As far as Trump goes, it remains to be seen if his popularity holds up in the face of his nasty attacks on latinos, women, muslims, and almost everyone else who's name is not Donald Trump, or if people will get tired of his ranting and begin to question if this is who they really want representing America. The jury is still out on Trump.

I doubt if anyone cares if Trump is driving Bush insane. Bush is simply a non factor. I guess he'll have to fall back on that fat trust fund set up with daddy's oil money.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '15 19:32
    Originally posted by bill718
    Like it or not, Jeb Bush is going to have to accept the fact that he's simply not going to be a factor in this election. "W" damaged the Bush name pretty badly with his less than honest justification for invading Iraq, and his less than stellar handling of the economy. As far as Trump goes, it remains to be seen if his popularity holds up in the face of his ...[text shortened]... on factor. I guess he'll have to fall back on that fat trust fund set up with daddy's oil money.
    I'm thinking people just enjoy Trump attacking Bush Obama and Hilary. After all, they all deserve it.

However, electing him once the show is over is something else entirely.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 00:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    I'm thinking people just enjoy Trump attacking Bush Obama and Hilary. After all, they all deserve it.

However, electing him once the show is over is something else entirely.
    I guess we'll see. Trump would not be my first choice for Republican nominee, but I don't see that he is a loser, especially to someone as flawed as HC. Apparently there are a lot of people who like his bombastic style, and his fearlessness in attacking sacred cows.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 07:32
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I guess we'll see. Trump would not be my first choice for Republican nominee, but I don't see that he is a loser, especially to someone as flawed as HC. Apparently there are a lot of people who like his bombastic style, and his fearlessness in attacking sacred cows.
    I had difficulty understanding how the Democrats and apparently many independents could continue to support a President like Obama. I suppose they feel the same way as to why many of us would support Trump.
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 02:174 edits
    I had difficulty understanding how the Democrats and apparently many independents

Yup...you sure do (have difficulty understanding)
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 07:271 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    I had difficulty understanding how the Democrats and apparently many independents

Yup...you sure do (have difficulty understanding)
    So you still think Obama is the Black Messiah?

YouTube
  8. Standard memberQuarl
    Quarl
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 16:56
    Someone posted on twitter: Trump works “smarter, not harder”.

(Here is a brilliant, and I think, correct reply explaining Trump's success)

§ Christopher J posts:

December 25, 2015 at 5:19 am

"“Smarter, not harder” is one of those inane catch-phrases you can tell were invented by someone trying to make money by convincing losers they could be winners.

It’s NOT true. The guy who works harder is going to win 9 times out of 10 over the guy who’s “smart.” Often times because the guy who’s “smart” spends all his time coming up with an ‘ingenious’ plan to win while the hard worker is out there getting things done day in and day out. By the time the ‘smart guy’ is ready to move the hard worker is 90% of the way to the finish line.

And Trump IS working hard. Look at his schedule of events compared to any of his opponents… he is blowing them out of the water on sheer effort and a very simple and straight forward plan for winning… TELL THE TRUTH and give a voice to what everyone is REALLY thinking.

The “wizards of smart” behind the "splitter strategy" spent years devising their ‘ingenious’ plan to win without doing the actual work of gaining the support of the party base. They got their best minds working on it and paid off all the right people. Others are employing psychographic research to find the magical winning combination that will let them win without having to actually do the hard work that the people who will vote for them want the person they’re sending to Washington to do.

They all knew they had the winning plan because they were brilliant and it was the best plan that money could buy.

And all their expensive schemes and research and ‘brilliant’ plans blew up in the face of the one thing they never expected… a candidate with a simple plan of “TELL THE TRUTH” (knowing that in this day and age, telling the truth is a revolutionary and therefore newsworthy act) who was willing to work hard to spread that message far and wide.

To sum it up, the Establishment wasted so much money on coming up with and implementing its ‘work smarter’ strategy and it has won them nothing. Trump has spent practically nothing by comparison and looks to be winning by every conceivable metric because his simple plan of truth and hard work is what will win the race 9 times out of 10.

What’s truly sad is, I suspect if you took all the billions that the Establishment is going waste trying to force their will on people instead of putting that money into, say, construction companies along the Southern border and repatriating corporations with significant un-repatriated assets, they would probably end up with a much better return on investment than they ever would off the cronyism they’re intending (cronyism is hugely inefficient)."
  9. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 17:303 edits
    Trump is "successful" because his Daddy was rich. Same reason the Koch brothers, the Bush brothers and Charlie Sheen are rich.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 17:38
    Originally posted by Quarl
    Can he also post on Twitter what he was smoking when he wrote it?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 20:09

§ Christopher J posts:

"“Smarter, not harder” is one of those inane catch-phrases you can tell were invented ...[text shortened]... tment than they ever would off the cronyism they’re intending (cronyism is hugely inefficient)."
    I believe Donald Trump is working both “smarter and harder”. It is yet to be seen, if the rest of the Republicans will wake up to the fact that they need to elect real strong conservative leaders and discard the weaklings in the party.

There is no use to having a Republican Party if they are not going to have the backbone to stand up to conservative principles.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 20:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I had difficulty understanding how the Democrats and apparently many independents could continue to support a President like Obama. I suppose they feel the same way as to why many of us would support Trump.
    Sometimes people just want different!
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 20:32

§ Christopher J posts:

"“Smarter, not harder” is one of those inane catch-phrases you can tell were invented ...[text shortened]... tment than they ever would off the cronyism they’re intending (cronyism is hugely inefficient)."
    Yup. Most 'smart' people know enough to work hard unlike academic intellectuals who expect that someone else will implement their ingenious plans. Smart and hard go together.
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 20:33
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Trump is "successful" because his Daddy was rich. Same reason the Koch brothers, the Bush brothers and Charlie Sheen are rich.
    It is really easy for someone to blow an inheritance, even though having it puts them a step up. There are no guarantees to continued success, even for the one who originally generates wealth.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 20:361 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Can he also post on Twitter what he was smoking when he wrote it?
    I presume that you are a smart guy, with a great education. Only time will tell if you will work hard enough to parlay that into wealth or success, however you define that. I wish you well in your endeavors.

A word to the wise, keep smoking anything to a minimum.