Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 18:38
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-conway/white-house-aide-conway-violates-law-in-tv-interviews-government-report-idUSKCN1GI2C1

White House aide Conway violates law in TV interviews: government report

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Kellyanne Conway, one of President Donald Trump’s top advisers, violated federal law in two television interviews last year by using her White House position to weigh in on a political race, the U.S. Office of Special Counsel said on Tuesday.

In the interviews, Conway “impermissibly mixed official government business with political views about candidates in the Alabama special election,” the independent investigative agency said in a report submitted to Trump for “appropriate disciplinary action.”

Such political activity violates the Hatch Act, which prohibits federal employees from using their official capacity to affect elections, although some other political activities are allowed.

In a Fox News Channel on Nov. 20, Conway talked about why voters should not back Jones, and in a CNN interview on Dec. 6 she laid out why they should support Moore, the report said.

The White House previously denied that Conway had advocated for Alabama votes to cast their ballots any certain way.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 18:40
    How many people in this administration have been indicted, caught breaking the law or lying to the government (like Sessions)?

That's not a rhetorical question, I've seriously lost count.
  3. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 19:27
    Originally posted by @vivify
    How many people in this administration have been indicted, caught breaking the law or lying to the government (like Sessions)?

That's not a rhetorical question, I've seriously lost count.
    We haven't had a Presidential Administration this corrupt since Warren G. Harding.
  4. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 21:41
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    We haven't had a Presidential Administration this corrupt since Warren G. Harding.
    True, but I have a feeling Mr. Mueller will be taking "corrective action" before too long. 🙂
  5. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 21:56
    Originally posted by @mchill
    True, but I have a feeling Mr. Mueller will be taking "corrective action" before too long. 🙂
    Agreed.
    Justice cannot arrive too soon.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 10:47
    Violating the Hatch Act is a big freaking deal in Federal employment, and can get one fired, and, depending on how egregious the offense is, sooner, rather than later.
  7. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 11:15
    25 I think...
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/gary-cohn-joins-the-very-long-list-of-high-profile-white-house-departures/ar-BBJXL1D?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 12:143 edits
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Correction, we have not had the FBI go after law breakers in any administration like the Trump administration.

Obama violated numerous laws. HIs fast and furious program of sending guns across the border was highly illegal, as was fixing primary elections like the ones in PA and CO so that they would have their guy win the DNC primary. And what about violating the War Powers Act by not notifying Congress within a certain length of time regarding the war in Libya?

As I also recall, Obama tried to appoint cabinet members but none of them paid their taxes. That did not stop him from appointing one of them to the head of the IRS.

Also you had the IRS targeting conservatives, something not investigated by the FBI. Just like Hillary, they destroyed the computers and evidence yet nothing was ever done about it.

And what about people like Charley Rangel? He broke I don't know how many laws and had some 20 ethics violations yet nothing was ever done to him.

The deep state control things now. Any opposition will be crushed and any friendly administration to the deep state will be free to have as much uncontrolled corruption as they so desire.

There are so many violations by Obama I could not begin to list them all.

https://www.infowars.com/75-times-obama-broke-law-during-presidency/
  9. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 14:03
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Correction, we have not had the FBI go after law breakers in any administration like the Trump administration.

Obama violated numerous laws. HIs fast and furious program of sending guns across the border was highly illegal, as was fixing primary elections like the ones in PA and CO so that they would have their guy win the DNC primary. And what about vi ...[text shortened]... begin to list them all.

A little Clozapine might help.

And also, perhaps, a step out of your 2012 era "End of the World" bomb-shelter might re-oxygenate your thinking.

Conspiracy theorizing used to be the realm of silly liberals. Funny how things have changed since 1980.
  10. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 14:331 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey

Obama violated numerous laws. HIs fast and furious program of sending guns across the border was highly illegal, as was fixing primary elections like the ones in PA and CO so that they would have their guy win the DNC primary. And what about vi ...[text shortened]... begin to list them all.

Dream on liar. BTW, Fast and Furious was started under Bush under the name "Operation Gun Runner.' When the border guard was killed Obama had only been in office a few months. The guns used to murder this border agent were given to the murders long before Obama was in office. Try again Trumptard.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 16:01
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Violating the Hatch Act is a big freaking deal in Federal employment, and can get one fired, and, depending on how egregious the offense is, sooner, rather than later.
    big I tell ya...BIG...LMFAO! you are always good for a laugh.
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 16:25
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    big I tell ya...BIG...LMFAO! you are always good for a laugh.
    Your hyena side is taking control again.