USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 08:08
    I have to say there is not much about Trump I like, the biggest thing there
    I do like is everyone seems to hate him. The press will always hold his
    feet to the fire, for that matter they are not beyond taking things to the
    ninth degree with him. So we can count on him not getting a pass if and
    when he lies to us.

I doubt the justice department would give him a pass.
    I doubt the FBI would treat him as they did Hillary, see no evil and so on.
    I doubt the Dem party would give him a pass on anything, they hate all
    things not Dem.
    I doubt he will have a lot of friends among the Rep too. The 20 Trillion
    dollar Rep and Dem will have their free reign of spending more money
    we do not have out on full display if Trump holds the line on debt.

I dislike Trump doesn't care what he says, but I also like that Trump
    doesn't care what he says. If he were a more polished political guy he
    would have the finely held skill sets of being able to look us in the eye
    and tell us what we want to hear before they go out and do whatever it is
    they want, without caring what it was they said to us.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 08:20
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I have to say there is not much about Trump I like, the biggest thing there
    I do like is everyone seems to hate him. The press will always hold his
    feet to the fire, for that matter they are not beyond taking things to the
    ninth degree with him. So we can count on him not getting a pass if and
    when he lies to us.

I doubt the justice department would ...[text shortened]... before they go out and do whatever it is
    "I dislike Trump doesn't care what he says, but I also like that Trump
    doesn't care what he says"
    in short, you have no worthy opinion on the matter.

"I also like that Trump doesn't care what he says"
    neither does the drunk hobo. it's not an attractive quality (or at all) how can you not get it?

"If he were a more polished political guy he
    they want, without caring what it was they said to us"
    as opposed to not being "polished political guy" and doing whatever he wants anyway.

what, in his long humanitarian career, has led you to believe that he cares about the poor and middle class? we are talking about a guy who sued a journalist for 5 billion (with a B) for claiming trump is worth less than he says. we are talking about a guy who blocked unionizing efforts in his companies and constantly outsources his jobs overseas.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 11:31
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "I dislike Trump doesn't care what he says, but I also like that Trump
    doesn't care what he says"
    in short, you have no worthy opinion on the matter.

"I also like that Trump doesn't care what he says"
    neither does the drunk hobo. it's not an attractive quality (or at all) how can you not get it?

"If he were a more polished political guy he
    wou ...[text shortened]... guy who blocked unionizing efforts in his companies and constantly outsources his jobs overseas.
    Anybody that buys cheap chinese, indonesian, vietnamese, cambodian etc etc etc goods is outsourcing jobs. Even buying a Maserati is outsourcing. (Unless you're Italian)

You're making everyone really scaredy mcscaredy pants with all this outsourcing scare stories.

boohoo
  4. Germany
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 11:51
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Anybody that buys cheap chinese, indonesian, vietnamese, cambodian etc etc etc goods is outsourcing jobs. Even buying a Maserati is outsourcing. (Unless you're Italian)

You're making everyone really scaredy mcscaredy pants with all this outsourcing scare stories.

boohoo
    A Texan who buys an Intel chip is also "outsourcing." A Houston resident who buys a burger in Dallas is also "outsourcing." People don't complain about this kind of "outsourcing" because it's "us" and not "them" - really, whining about "outsourcing" is just thinly veiled xenophobia.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 12:282 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The press will always hold his feet to the fire, for that matter they are not beyond taking things to the ninth degree with him.
    Not true in the slightest. In fact, Trump can actually get away with far more than anyone else because everyone just dismisses it as Trump being Trump and not serious.

So we can count on him not getting a pass if and when he lies to us.
    Yet you gave him a pass for all his lies up to now. You actually seem quite OK with it.
    What use is this 'no free pass policy' if it has no effect? Trump has been lying non-stop since the campaign started and it has only benefited him.
    If Clinton had said some of the things Trump says, her career would be over and she would have either resigned or been kicked out.

I doubt the justice department would give him a pass.
    I doubt the justice department would be any harder on him than anyone else.

I doubt the FBI would treat him as they did Hillary, see no evil and so on.
    And you base this on your belief that the FBI hates him?

The 20 Trillion dollar Rep and Dem will have their free reign of spending more money
    we do not have out on full display if Trump holds the line on debt.

I failed to parse that sentence. Was that deliberate obfuscation?

If he were a more polished political guy he

Trump just tells you any nonsense that comes to mind, then without caring goes and does whatever it is he wants. The key difference being that he hasn't got a clue how to run a country.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 12:34
    I have to say Kelly, that with your political philosophy of deliberately sabotaging the government, when your country implodes with Trump at the helm you will have only yourself to blame.
    Governments are a lot more necessary than I think you realise.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 12:37
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have to say Kelly, that with your political philosophy of deliberately sabotaging the government, when your country implodes with Trump at the helm you will have only yourself to blame.
    Governments are a lot more necessary than I think you realise.
    Trump is throwing the election to Hillary

Anyone can see that.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 14:26
    I am willing to bet that Kellys excuse for supporting trump is a post hoc rationalization, and that even though I have clearly demonstrated the obvious flaws in his argument he will still support Trump.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 14:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    Trump is throwing the election to Hillary

Anyone can see that.
    obviously.

it's still a conundrum if it's intentional or not and that depends on how smart he actually is. my money is on him being a narcissist of low intelligence, a dangerous combination, and he is unintentionally sabotaging himself.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 14:58
    How on earth is Trump throwing the election to Hillary? Is anything he's saying less inflammatory or stupid then when he called Mexican immigrants rapists, called for a ban on Muslims, or said women should be punished for abortions? Why is it that NOW people are speculating that Trump's comments are "Throwing the election"?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 15:052 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    How on earth is Trump throwing the election to Hillary? Is anything he's saying less inflammatory or stupid then when he called Mexican immigrants rapists, called for a ban on Muslims, or said women should be punished for abortions? Why is it that NOW people are speculating that Trump's comments are "Throwing the election"?
    Some people have been speculating that that was the case all along. Its not a new idea.

A much more realistic scenario is that Trump got in the race purely for the publicity and never expected to go this far.

Win or loose he will almost certainly come out of this financially better off.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 15:243 edits
    Some people have been speculating that that was the case all along. Its not a new idea.

A much more realistic scenario is that Trump got in the race purely for the publicity and never expected to go this far.

A) The idea that a racially bigoted and sexist platform could be used to dupe the GOP into voting for someone speaks volumes about Republicans, especially since this idea came from them.

B) Yes, it's quite sad that not only will Trump come off financially better win or lose, but that Trump has already bragged about this. He said that if he loses, he'll "go back to being Trump, but bigger". It's a win/win for Trump, and there's something cosmically unjust about that.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 15:26

Which part of him is loose?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 15:30
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    obviously.

it's still a conundrum if it's intentional or not and that depends on how smart he actually is. my money is on him being a narcissist of low intelligence, a dangerous combination, and he is unintentionally sabotaging himself.
    Nope, crooked Hillary strikes again.

Both the primary and general election were fixed.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 15:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    Nope, crooked Hillary strikes again.

Both the primary and general election were fixed.
    And how was this done? Did it involve the same technology used to flatten the Earth?