Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 19 Dec '12 06:10 / 1 edit
    http://www.federalobserver.com/archive.php?aid=10104

Apparently Congressmen, like Chuch U. Schumer and Diane Feinstein, who are in favor of gun control just so happen to carry guns themselves. In fact, Chucky also has police as protection at taxpayer expense, even in his private life it appears. In fact, I bet he even drinks a biggie soda in his personal time.

I guess it's no different than Obamacare really. They shove in our faces a compulsary program for everyone, that they opt out of. Or it's like the school voucher program they oppose.....while they send their own children to private schools.

Disgusting.

I've come to the conclusion that gun control is not about the criminal. If it were, they would favor things like capital punishment and deportation. Instead, it is about reducing the power of the average American, whether it be their arms or their wealth as they scream about taxing the "rich". After all, increasing taxes will do next to nothing regarding the debt problem.

In the end, crisis will be the vehicle for change, whether it be an artificially created one, such as the debt ceiling, or one that happens by chance, like the last school shooting.
  2. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    19 Dec '12 06:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.federalobserver.com/archive.php?aid=10104

Apparently Congressmen, like Chuch U. Schumer and Diane Feinstein, who are in favor of gun control just so happen to carry guns themselves. In fact, Chucky also has police as protection at taxpayer expense, even in his private life it appears. In fact, I bet he even drinks a biggie soda in his personal ...[text shortened]... ne, such as the debt ceiling, or one that happens by chance, like the last school shooting.
    Right you are. What we need is more guns...lot's of them. While we're at it, let's arm our pets!
  3. 19 Dec '12 06:35
    Originally posted by bill718
    Right you are. What we need is more guns...lot's of them. While we're at it, let's arm our pets!
    In cities like San Fran and New York, the only people who require guns are the rich and famous. Everyone else is safe it seems.
  4. 19 Dec '12 08:44
    You, along with everybody who makes the opposing party out to be the bad guy, are idiots.

I could point out a plethora of conservatives who are less than morally desirable. I could point out a plethora of liberals who are less than morally desirable.

Get the picture?

I would also point out that carrying a gun while pushing for stricter gun control is perfectly acceptable as long as the politician in question submits to any new regulations that are put in place and it isn't a crime to put your children through private schools on your own dime while voting against letting children into private schools on taxpayers dime. How would that even work? You can't just put every child into private schools for free???
  5. 19 Dec '12 10:21
    In cities like San Fran and New York, the only people who require guns are the rich and famous. Everyone else is safe it seems.
    That's often the case in most places in the world. The rich usually have the most guns.
  6. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    19 Dec '12 11:35
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    You, along with everybody who makes the opposing party out to be the bad guy, are idiots.

I could point out a plethora of conservatives who are less than morally desirable. I could point out a plethora of liberals who are less than morally desirable.

Get the picture?

I would also point out that carrying a gun while pushing for stricter gun control ...[text shortened]... ime. How would that even work? You can't just put every child into private schools for free???
    No one's talking about which politicians are more morally desirable in this case. I do not regard Todd Akin as morally desirable. Whodey's well-made point is that more control over people's lives is the entire liberal project.
  7. 19 Dec '12 12:06
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    No one's talking about which politicians are more morally desirable in this case. I do not regard Todd Akin as morally desirable. Whodey's well-made point is that more control over people's lives is the entire liberal project.
    Then whodey's point is both simple-minded and false.
  8. 19 Dec '12 13:14
    Why does the news media ignore that more kids were killed by a bomb many years ago? Could it be because it would be apparent that guns are not the only killing tool?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103186662

If the goal is to demonize guns I can see why they would ignore the bath school bombing. How many kids were killed in the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City?

This clearly is an effort by the corporate news media to ignore history and facts.
  9. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    19 Dec '12 15:45
    It's like Americans have no idea how bizarre this debate is in 90% of the rest of the world.
    The whole concept of the freedom to own a semi-automatic assault rifle is so far out of the realm of most people's fantasies, it's like listening to a debate on the merits of alien abduction whilst high on LSD.

Which, ironically, most gun-lobbyists would be opposed to... Since they're anti-drugs.

Completely crazy.
    You can own an AK 47... But don't use marijuana.
    And in another severe bout of irony... If you gun slingin' cartoonesque freaks did dope up... You probably wouldn't be arsed about owning a gun in the first bloody place.
  10. 19 Dec '12 15:45
    Originally posted by tomtom232

Get the picture?

I would also point out that carrying a gun while pushing for stricter gun control ...[text shortened]... ime. How would that even work? You can't just put every child into private schools for free???
    That is an absurd statement. The fact remains that the majority of politicians who wish to ban guns are democrats, but I'm sure that there will be some in the GOP who vote Obama's way.

Also, the tax issue is much in the same. Those in the GOP are now favoring increasing taxes, even though they may say otherwise. In fact, I place as much blame on "W" for the spending as I do Obama, which only goes to inflate our wealth away.

In short, I could care less about either party.
  11. 19 Dec '12 15:46
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    We should drop the liberal term and use progressive, because many in the GOP refer to themselves as progressive, like John McCain, but they shun the term liberal.
  12. 19 Dec '12 15:48
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    [b]It's like Americans have no idea how bizarre this debate is in 90% of the rest of the world.
    The whole concept of the freedom to own a semi-automatic assault rifle is so far out of the realm of most people's fantasies, it's like listening to a debate on the merits of alien abduction whilst high on LSD.
    I guess you would now Shav. Do you feel the same about the Swiss who are required to own arms in order to defend their country because they don't have a miltary?

Funny how they are not all killing themselves.
  13. 19 Dec '12 15:48
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Why does the news media ignore that more kids were killed by a bomb many years ago? Could it be because it would be apparent that guns are not the only killing tool?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103186662

If the goal is to demonize guns I can see why they would ignore the bath school bombing. How many kids were killed in the ...[text shortened]... homa City?

This clearly is an effort by the corporate news media to ignore history and facts.
    Maybe they should outlaw bombs.
  14. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    19 Dec '12 15:57
    I guess you would now Shav. Do you feel the same about the Swiss who are required to own arms in order to defend their country because they don't have a miltary?

Funny how they are not all killing themselves.
    I don't know if they own semi-automatic assault rifles or not.
    If they do, they don't seem to holding yearly debates about it.

As I stated in another thread, banning guns will lead to less shootings, it won't tackle the problem of why people are s apping like they seemingly do in the States.
    What's the Swiss community like? Is it close knit? It's mad though. A lot of racism and women didn't get the vote 'till the 70's.

If they do have a gun culture... What's the difference between them and the yanks?
  15. 19 Dec '12 16:27
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I don't know if they own semi-automatic assault rifles or not.
    If they do, they don't seem to holding yearly debates about it.

As I stated in another thread, banning guns will lead to less shootings, it won't tackle the problem of why people are s apping like they seemingly do in the States.
    What's the Swiss community like? Is it close knit? It's mad ...[text shortened]... .

If they do have a gun culture... What's the difference between them and the yanks?
    The Swiss have fully automatic weapons at home and have all been trained to use them and have the highest number of guns per person in the world. They also have the strictest immigration policies in the world.

They make the GOP look like a bunch of liberal loving pacifists.