Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    10 Aug '09 21:28 / 2 edits
    Hello again everyone. I hope you are having a splendid day! Feeling a bit uneasy about the direction America is headed? Well...don't worry so much. A little change is good from time to time. i.e.

1. Rich people will have to pay there fair share in taxes.

2. Troops will be drawn down in Iraq in the next 12 months, and many sent to the country that actually had something to do with the deeds of 9/11. (I guess we didn't find any of those weapons of mass destruction in Iraq)

3. Supreme court justices will actually look like Americans (not just Conservative white males)

4. Care for our natural resources will consist of something more than retoric at election time.

5. Lending institutions will have rules enforced for the first time in many years.

6. Railways, bridges, and roads will get much needed maintainance and upgrades.

7. Paramilitary groups such as Blackwater will actually be held accountable for there actions.

8. Americas President will look at the economy from some other angle than that of a cozy seat in a corperate board room.

9....and maybe, just maybe, ALL Americans will be eligable for some kind of healthcare! (...but not if the HMO's, Insurance Companies, and Drug companies have there way)

I know this is pretty scary stuff for many of you, but don't despair, I promise it won't hurt. Into each life some change must come, and will enrich our lives... on the wings of tomorrow! (Pretty poetic huh?)
  2. 10 Aug '09 21:45
    Originally posted by bill718
    Hello again everyone. I hope you are having a splendid day! Feeling a bit uneasy about the direction America is headed? Well...don't worry so much. A little change is good from time to time. i.e.

2. Troops will be drawn down in Iraq in the next 12 months, and many sent to the country that actua ...[text shortened]... ust come, and will enrich our lives... on the wings of tomorrow! (Pretty poetic huh?)
    All of the spelling and grammatical errors distracted me from your point.

http://www.superteacherworksheets.com/homophones/there-their-theyre.pdf
  3. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    10 Aug '09 21:52
    Originally posted by voltaire
    All of the spelling and grammatical errors distracted me from your point.

http://www.superteacherworksheets.com/homophones/there-their-theyre.pdf
    Oh well...so I was not a literature major! Life goes on...
  4. 10 Aug '09 22:14

2. Troops will be drawn down in Iraq in the next 12 months, and many sent to the country that actua ...[text shortened]... ust come, and will enrich our lives... on the wings of tomorrow! (Pretty poetic huh?)
    Are you sure about #5?

http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/article/107489/old-banks-new-lending-tricks.html?mod=loans-personl_smallbiz
  5. 10 Aug '09 23:55

In light of no weapons of mass destruction found, is the new administration planning to revive Sadam Hussein and give him back his country?
  6. Standard member smw6869
    Granny
    11 Aug '09 01:37
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    In light of no weapons of mass destruction found, is the new administration planning to revive Sadam Hussein and give him back his country?
    FACT: Sadam still lives. Proof: Check the length of Sadams neck before the hanging with his neck length after the alleged hanging. Night and day i tell you. The short necked geek is still alive. Waiting. The long necked dude was a stand in.

GRANNY.
  7. 11 Aug '09 02:58
    Just take the quiz and you're skills will improve, I promise.
  8. 11 Aug '09 03:52 / 3 edits

2. Troops will be drawn down in Iraq in the next 12 months, and many sent to the country that actua ust come, and will enrich our lives... on the wings of tomorrow! (Pretty poetic huh?)
    1. Rich people will have to pay their fair share of taxes

"Unless you are an elected official who is fortunate enough not to be chosen for a cabinet position by Obama"

2. Troop will be drawn in Iraq in the next 12 months, and many sent to the country that actually had something to do with the deeds of 9/11. (I guess we did not find any of those weapons of mass destruction.

"But the left said the US was there because of their dependence on forieng oil? So what have we done to solve this problem as to why we went over there in the first place? Oh, that's right, we have done NOTHING!!"

3. Supreme court justice will actually look like Americans not just conservative white males.

"What does this have to do with being a good Supreme Court justice? Then again, judge Sotomayor would agree with your assessment as would Obama. In fact, when she made a ruling in the Second Circuit upholding a decision by the city of New Haven to deny promotions to firefighters because minorities who took the test did not pass, we can see how race is a factor in this country. I also like the quote from judge Sotomayor which says, "a wise Latina woman, with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion as a judge than a white male who has not lived that life" Nice!!

4 Care of our natural resources will consist of something more than retoric at election time.

"You mean like our overabundance of natural gas and oil reserves? No doubt, they are safe and secure in the ground with Obama in the White House."

5. Lending institutions will have rules enforced for the fist time in many years.

"You mean like Jimmy Carters Community reinvestment act which mandated mortgages regardless of ones ability to pay?"
  9. 11 Aug '09 04:00
    Originally posted by smw6869
    FACT: Sadam still lives. Proof: Check the length of Sadams neck before the hanging with his neck length after the alleged hanging. Night and day i tell you. The short necked geek is still alive. Waiting. The long necked dude was a stand in.

GRANNY.
    So you are saying that they kinda had a stand in like they did with the dead Hitler? Interesting. My company just hired a dead ringer for Saddam last week. Short neck and all!
  10. Standard member smw6869
    Granny
    11 Aug '09 04:22
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    So you are saying that they kinda had a stand in like they did with the dead Hitler? Interesting. My company just hired a dead ringer for Saddam last week. Short neck and all!
    Hitler was a pencil necked geek with a single chang......almost impossible to find a stand in for that. FACT.

GRANNY.
  11. 11 Aug '09 04:24
    Hitler was a pencil necked geek with a single chang......almost impossible to find a stand in for that. FACT.

GRANNY.
    Well you know that they had some pretty tricky doctors over there. A little snip here a little snip there, who would know?
  12. 11 Aug '09 07:38 / 1 edit

GRANNY.
    That's mean. Hitler spent 4 years on the front lines of WW1, was one of the earliest to enlist at the outbreak of the war and survive the experience against all odds. His original regiment of 600+ men disappeared several times through attrition, at the end he was one of the handful of originals left.

That took 'changs".

But don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan.
  13. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    11 Aug '09 13:13 / 1 edit

GRANNY.
    So are you saying having your neck stretched was just a euphemism, and that hanging never actually lengthened your neck?
  14. 11 Aug '09 13:55
    No, you just majored in left wing agendas...
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    11 Aug '09 13:58
    Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
    No, you just majored in left wing agendas...
    Is an 'agenda' bad, in and of itself? Isn't it just another word for 'list of priorities'? Is prioritizing, in a complicated, clamouring, conflicted world not a good thing?